Sponsored

Anyone order the Protective Film option?

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's worth it for the amount of coverage offered. On the less-expensive side you could wait for Lamin-X to come out with an Invisible Bug Guard, which runs about $100 and aren't too difficult to install for a DIY first-timer. As the name implies, it covers about the amount of area that one of those black plastic bug guards would normally cover (about the leading 6" of the hood or so).
It looks like Lamin-X already offers them.

https://lamin-x.com/search-magic.ht...Maverick&sort_method=selling_price.filter/asc
Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the going rate for a full clear bra application?
OP is the coverage area close to the same except for the bumper on this option.
Does anyone know the brand of film Ford uses?

Note the Lamin-X is only warrantee for 5 years and not 10-12 years of other brands considered very good with 10yrs and 8ml thickness. Some peel some if scratched cut and others are self healing. My head is spinning on which brand to select. XPel clear Suntek, 3m VViVid etc. Lamix is out but is nice since it is already cut and shaped.
Ford Maverick Anyone order the Protective Film option? 1644861297683

The full is $869 and there is a 15% of if you agree to text msg with email and phone number.

Last edited:

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m going with 3M for bumper, hood and fenders @ $800….dealer wanted $1,100.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My neighbor had protective film put on his 4 week old car. The other day he hit something in the road. The protective film looks like it prevented damage, but it has 2 spots where it got cut. The installer said it would cost $1000.00 to replace the piece on the front bumper and he will not know until he takes off the film, if the bumper got chipped.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I factory ordered the protective paint film. It is applied properly and at only 2k miles is doing its job. I find it easy to remove bugs and stuff from the film but it does have flexibility to it so I'm careful about how much I put pressure on it. For some reason it did not slow my order.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody else out there order the Protective Film Hood/Fenders? Is it worth it ($360)? I realize it may cause a delay but aside from that, I'm wondering what advantage it may have being factory applied or aftermarket.
I didn't order it but my wifes Mercedes ML350 has it and it is a real paint saver as she drives I 80 in all kinds of weather. If you drive only local, I wouldn't pay for it. If you are doing a lot of highway, it will pay off IF you keep the vehicle for a while. I will apply it myself when I get mine.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had received a quote from a high end detail shop that specializes in Ceramic Coating and PPF (Paint Protection Film).

For just the frontend painted area of the MAV it was $800.
Thats highway robbery!

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would definitely get the PPF if you can As an option. You will pay Aton more locally, my tint guy charges 1200 for the front end and mirror caps.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I would definitely get the PPF if you can As an option. You will pay Aton more locally, my tint guy charges 1200 for the front end and mirror caps.
Too bad the factory option doesn't even cover the bumper at all. Just a sliver of the hood and parts of the fenders. 1200 is actually a pretty good price for the whole front end and mirror caps, especially if it covers the whole hood.

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too bad the factory option doesn't even cover the bumper at all. Just a sliver of the hood and parts of the fenders. 1200 is actually a pretty good price for the whole front end and mirror caps, especially if it covers the whole hood.
The bumper is plastic so there is no corrosion issue if you get a rock chip. Bumper is not nearly as important as your metal panels

notorious beebs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're anal about stone chips, the factory option is a great value. The only issue is that it's a major constraint item. I ordered it on my '22 MY in October of '21 and never got a build date.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody else out there order the Protective Film Hood/Fenders? Is it worth it ($360)? I realize it may cause a delay but aside from that, I'm wondering what advantage it may have being factory applied or aftermarket.
I'm wondering if the film yellows over time or otherwise changes color. On older vehicles, I've seen something similar and it has changed color. I don't know what brand, or the level of material/application quality though.
I removed this option from my order to speed up my order. . . . it hasn't worked⌚
Sponsored