Sponsored

Anyone order the Protective Film option?

JiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Eco FX4 Lux, Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody else out there order the Protective Film Hood/Fenders? Is it worth it ($360)? I realize it may cause a delay but aside from that, I'm wondering what advantage it may have being factory applied or aftermarket.
Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody else out there order the Protective Film Hood/Fenders? Is it worth it ($360)? I realize it may cause a delay but aside from that, I'm wondering what advantage it may have being factory applied or aftermarket.
I tried, but Ford won't apply it to the 1st Edition Maverick, according to the Dealership... apparently if affects the hood graphic?

Anyone else run into this issue?

Administrator

2.0L EcoBoost
Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the going rate for a full clear bra application?

Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i ordered the coating for a Area 51 Hybrid Lariat. I. Had it on my Porsche till the accident. Always looked great. I will have it further applied to the lower body panel.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was quoted approximately $1600 for Xpel full front bumper, full hood, mirrors, and door cups.
That's about what I want for protection as well. I read it's recommended to follow it with ceramic coating as well.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That's about what I want for protection as well. I read it's recommended to follow it with ceramic coating as well.
YES!!!. It will really look good. I ceramic coated my Vinyl Wrap and it made the color brighter. Understand the protection film is clear, but it will put a nice shine on it.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YES!!!. It will really look good. I ceramic coated my Vinyl Wrap and it made the color brighter. Understand the protection film is clear, but it will put a nice shine on it.
shiny sutff...*grunt grunt*.... me like. Do you recommend a certain brand over another?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
shiny sutff...*grunt grunt*.... me like. Do you recommend a certain brand over another?
I have paid lots to have it done. NOW I do it myself and I only use Adam's Polishes. They have two different ones, Spray and Coating.

Spray, $50, is super simple and last about a year. So make it a once a year project.
Coating, costs a little more $100, is simple but a little more involved. Lasts unto 7 years.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Is it worth it ($360)? I realize it may cause a delay but aside from that, I'm wondering what advantage it may have being factory applied or aftermarket.
I think it's worth it for the amount of coverage offered. On the less-expensive side you could wait for Lamin-X to come out with an Invisible Bug Guard, which runs about $100 and aren't too difficult to install for a DIY first-timer. As the name implies, it covers about the amount of area that one of those black plastic bug guards would normally cover (about the leading 6" of the hood or so).

On the more expensive side, you could get an aftermarket clear bra done to the tune of $1000 or more, depending on coverage, warranty, and film.

Personally I'd just wait for an Invisible Bug Guard. I haven't seen a Maverick in person, but from the photos, it looks like the leading edge of the hood will collect rock chips since the hood wraps around and has a forward-facing edge, but the rest of the hood is relatively flat.

OP
OP
JiMav

JiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Eco FX4 Lux, Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's a good close look at it on a Cactus Gray Maverick. Also some good discussions @

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...lack-wheels-hard-tonneau-eaa-airventure.1011/

Ford Maverick Anyone order the Protective Film option? {filename}

Here's a good close look at it on a Cactus Gray Maverick. Also some good discussions @

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...lack-wheels-hard-tonneau-eaa-airventure.1011/

Thanks - That's my order except XLT. Nice to see Perilli's on the FX4 package

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know if you can use your Ford Pass points towards purchasing this option and then pay for the dealer to install? I'm concerned as rock chips on a shadow black Mav will look rough.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer says the cost is $800 and has no idea what Ford’s website is talking about…..

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had received a quote from a high end detail shop that specializes in Ceramic Coating and PPF (Paint Protection Film).

For just the frontend painted area of the MAV it was $800.
Sponsored