23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my 22 Mav in for an oil and filter change today. They did 2 software updates also. I mentioned to the service writer that I was having the "deep sleep" issues of the message on Ford Pass and the interior lights not working. She had heard of the issue and would check on it.

When I got the truck back, the invoice showed:
"Customer says every few days Ford Pass app will say vehicle is in deep sleep mode. When opening doors interior lights will not come on when this happens but will start."

The results were:
"Tested for concern. Found battery at low state of charge. Tested, charged, and retested battery. Battery tested good. At full state of charge issue is no longer present."

So, I guess they didn't think the battery would be charging on the way to the dealership. :rolleyes:

I have a question. I've seen some messages about putting the key fob in something that will prevent the truck from communicating with it. I'm assuming this is while it is not being driven. Is there a specified distance I should keep the spare key fob from the truck to prevent constant communications with it or am I misunderstanding this issue? Thanks.
Other fords have issues but maverick is something special. Look at my post regarding our factory window stickers indicating "battery saver mode" as a feature.

I think it's a failed feature they implemented at a much more aggressive algorithm than other models, and now it's an issue.

I'm also convinced that fixing charging software would result in lower fuel economy. Not a good look for Ford.

Lastly when o got my first deep sleep mode, I did call a couple dealers and both places acted like o was crazy. Never heard of deep sleep....
Sponsored

ksh49

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick ordered, Toyotas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used a DH5, had to cut off 2 small ears in the tray. Search the forum for tech tye and I have pictures

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5908.jpeg

IMG_5906.jpeg

IMG_5905.jpeg

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5903.jpeg

IMG_5902.jpeg

IMG_5901.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

IMG_5900.jpeg
Wow! Great help! Thank you!!

Tech Tye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Great help! Thank you!!
I also have a BOUGE RV CIG solar panel on the roof to offset the load, that’s what the solar MPPT controller is for

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it's a failed feature they implemented at a much more aggressive algorithm than other models, and now it's an issue.

I'm also convinced that fixing charging software would result in lower fuel economy. Not a good look for Ford.
I agree 100%. This is the problem and why this is the problem!

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was getting those warnings all the time but when I had it in for servicing I asked that they check the battery to see why I am getting these warnings. They determined the battery was defective and replaced it. It has been 6 weeks and I have not any warnings since the new battery was installed.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used a DH5, had to cut off 2 small ears in the tray. Search the forum for tech tye and I have pictures

IMG_5907.jpeg

IMG_5908.jpeg

IMG_5906.jpeg

IMG_5905.jpeg

IMG_5904.jpeg

IMG_5903.jpeg

IMG_5902.jpeg

IMG_5901.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

IMG_5900.jpeg
Not being versed in the world of electricity, I was afraid to buy a battery that would show "not compatible" to my 2023 hybrid Maverick. When I go to purchase another battery (hopefully years from now), can someone explain to me what type/Style/Amp batteries are ok to use in my 2023 Maverick Hybrid?

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not being versed in the world of electricity, I was afraid to buy a battery that would show "not compatible" to my 2023 hybrid Maverick. When I go to purchase another battery (hopefully years from now), can someone explain to me what type/Style/Amp batteries are ok to use in my 2023 Maverick Hybrid?
Per owners manual, mine on page 357, hybrid takes: BXT-99RT4-A
ecoboost takes: BHEF-48H6 (I think known as a Group H6 battery)
This is in the "Capacities and Specifications".
tom

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my 22 Mav in for an oil and filter change today. They did 2 software updates also. I mentioned to the service writer that I was having the "deep sleep" issues of the message on Ford Pass and the interior lights not working. She had heard of the issue and would check on it.

When I got the truck back, the invoice showed:
"Customer says every few days Ford Pass app will say vehicle is in deep sleep mode. When opening doors interior lights will not come on when this happens but will start."

The results were:
"Tested for concern. Found battery at low state of charge. Tested, charged, and retested battery. Battery tested good. At full state of charge issue is no longer present."

So, I guess they didn't think the battery would be charging on the way to the dealership. :rolleyes:

I have a question. I've seen some messages about putting the key fob in something that will prevent the truck from communicating with it. I'm assuming this is while it is not being driven. Is there a specified distance I should keep the spare key fob from the truck to prevent constant communications with it or am I misunderstanding this issue? Thanks.
I bought a Faraday bag for my spare FOB hidden in the garage next to the truck. No connectivity at all. Time saver when I forget the daily FOB upstairs. Switch them out occasionally to use them both.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
deep sleep, appointment today

Job # 1 Labor Total: $ 0.00
SHOWS GOING INTO DEEP SLEEP MODE CHECK 51725 ADVISE
ONREPAIRS
Cause: 14G229 C31 42
Correction: TEST AND VERIFIED THE CONCERN. RAN SELF TEST. NO DTCS FOUND.RAN OASIS.
FOUND SSM 51725 APPLIES TO THIS VEHICLE. UPDATEDTHE TCU TO THE LATEST SOFTWARE TO
CORRECT THIS CONDITION.VERIFIED REPAIR. ALL OK.
Part Number Part Description Parts Total: $ 0.00

we will see, would deep sleep but always started ok

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the same issue with my 22 XL hybrid. They did SSM 51725 and replaced the 12V battery since it failed their testing. I got a free rental since I had rental coverage with the Premium Care warranty I bought from Flood Ford. Hopefully this did the trick.

Arby47

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
57 Chevy, 59 Volvo PV544, E-Bike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my hybrid in yesterday for the deep sleep problem and the turn signal recall. They found a bad 12V battery that they had not found before. Replaced it. So will see if that fixed it, they said it did. Time will tell....
Sponsored