First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll agree that it's sad that these sakes people don't care enough about their jobs to educate themselves. You walk into a dealer and half or more of the sales people are playing on there phones or standing around BSing. If they would take the time to educate themselves some, it might help them sell more vehicles. If I have to tell the dealer when the order banks open, how can I trust them to know how to even put the order in correctly.

The days of walking into anywhere and talking to a knowledgeable person are becoming a thing of the past. Sad how much customer service has went down hill. I see it in the restaurants all the time. Poor service, no refills, don't check in other than give you food and the bill. Then think they still deserve a 20% tip.

If it continues this way, hope Ford will just let us order directly from the website. I talked to a dealer yesterday about ordering a 2023 Mustang GT when the order banks opened for them. They had no idea. Didn't even know that different models where opening at different times. All he said was yeah when it comes time, go to Ford's website. Build it how you want it. Print out the build form and bring it to us so we know all the packages. I'll give it to the GM and he'll order it. They don't even want to sit down and go through the ordering options with you.

Needless to say, this wasn't my normal dealer and I definitely won't be ordering from them. They want your money but do as little as possible to get it.
Ford hasn't announced when all of the 23 order banks are opening yet. Our dealership did get an email with preliminary months (subject to change) for order bank opening, but no specific dates.
23 order banks opening for most vehicles in Aug. Looks like Sept for Mustang. But again, this is all subject to change.

We don't have order guides for most 23 vehicles yet with pricing and options.
Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I texted my salesman earlier asking him about setting up an appointment on 8/2 for the order and he said he will get back with me. He never reached out following any of the emails that Ford sent out asking dealers to reach out regarding constraints, I always have to be the person. I didn't even ask when the order banks opened and just told him I want to be there on 8/2 to put in my new order.
I made an appointment for 8/2. The dealer told me he doesn't even have a build sheet yet. I expect a s....t show.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Where have you seen Chapman Ford offering 3% under for the 23? The local dealerships around me haven't been great and I am tempted to order somewhere else. Anyone know if Granger Ford is offering anything for 23 orders?
Chapman has a post on this site about the 2023 offer:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-list-3-under-invoice-with-dealersider.175/

Granger has said they will offer below MSRP pricing on 23s, but I haven't seen details yet.

I believe Long-McArthur is just doing straight MSRP.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Honeslty if you can make it to the dealership on 2nd do it person with them etc thats gonna be best way. You can see what they see .
Oh yeah I definitely am. I live 5 minutes away so if they don't respond via text I will be down there on my lunch break. Hopefully the order guide will be out by then so I can show him exactly what i want and have him put it in while I'm there.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford hasn't announced when all of the 23 order banks are opening yet. Our dealership did get an email with preliminary months (subject to change) for order bank opening, but no specific dates.
23 order banks opening for most vehicles in Aug. Looks like Sept for Mustang. But again, this is all subject to change.

@fordvideoguy has confirmed 8/2 order banks open for Maverick, per brand manager at FoMoCo.

Sponsored

WV_XLT

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XL. 2017 Escape SE

I understand that Ford hasn't released all this information yet and I'm not saying all dealers are clueless. If I had been told exactly what you just said. I would have been fine with that. But most just say we don't know and go back to doing other things.

Most around my area don't want to talk to you unless you're buying something that day off the lot. If you ask them about ordering, it like you are bothering them to talk to you. The particular dealer I was at, had 8 to 10 sales people there and I was the only customer. I had to actually walk inside to get someone to talk. Use to be that sales people would come outside and meet you when you were looking around on the lot.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'll agree that it's sad that these sakes people don't care enough about their jobs to educate themselves. You walk into a dealer and half or more of the sales people are playing on there phones or standing around BSing. If they would take the time to educate themselves some, it might help them sell more vehicles. If I have to tell the dealer when the order banks open, how can I trust them to know how to even put the order in correctly.

The days of walking into anywhere and talking to a knowledgeable person are becoming a thing of the past. Sad how much customer service has went down hill. I see it in the restaurants all the time. Poor service, no refills, don't check in other than give you food and the bill. Then think they still deserve a 20% tip.

If it continues this way, hope Ford will just let us order directly from the website. I talked to a dealer yesterday about ordering a 2023 Mustang GT when the order banks opened for them. They had no idea. Didn't even know that different models where opening at different times. All he said was yeah when it comes time, go to Ford's website. Build it how you want it. Print out the build form and bring it to us so we know all the packages. I'll give it to the GM and he'll order it. They don't even want to sit down and go through the ordering options with you.

Needless to say, this wasn't my normal dealer and I definitely won't be ordering from them. They want your money but do as little as possible to get it.
I think a big part of the lack of giving a s**t has to do with supply and demand. Most dealers hardly have any new vehicles on the lot so there isn't a lot of negotiating or trying to talk a customer into a certain car. Now its " Here are the two cars available. Take it or leave it. I can order you one off the website and wait 6 months if you'd like."

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is why I didn't order locally, I'm telling the local dealers more about their own product. I ordered my Maverick from Chapman and my Bronco from Long-McArthur.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chapman has a post on this site about the 2023 offer:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...ck-list-3-under-invoice-with-dealersider.175/

Granger has said they will offer below MSRP pricing on 23s, but I haven't seen details yet.

I believe Long-McArthur is just doing straight MSRP.

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea of these dealers accept Ford incentives on top of the deal? I saw Ford has the 750 dollar edu deal and my wife would qualify to get that.

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy has confirmed 8/2 order banks open for Maverick, per brand manager at FoMoCo.
Yes (not that they couldn't still change that!)

The note dealers were sent says "(Ford internal)" after saying that the order banks open on Aug 2nd.... My assumption is that there will be an early stage where 22 orders can be transitioned, and then the general 23 order banks will open.
Dealers are supposed to be given more info about the process on the 2nd as well.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the info! Do you have any idea of these dealers accept Ford incentives on top of the deal? I saw Ford has the 750 dollar edu deal and my wife would qualify to get that.
You should speak with the dealer directly on that. Based on what I've seen on this forum over the past year, looks like some dealers are more willing to accept rebates/incentives than others, particularly when it comes to combining them.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just don’t place an order with any dealership except Chapman or granger and LM. Then they have no maverick to add adm
Yeah, because that's always a realistic option. In reality there are over 3,000 Ford dealerships in the U.S., of course some are better than others (Ken Garff Ford was clueless, but I have zero complaints because they stuck to their word when they could have charged me an ADM). Also, potential buyers are all different in their needs and most are more clueless than the 20yr high school dropout salesman at the local Ford dealership - members of this board represent a fraction of Maverick buyers.

Absolutely no love lost for dealerships, wish the entire car-buying model was destroyed, but it's hard to blame businesses for charging what the market will bear. It's also difficult for dealerships to keep on top of things in the midst of the most complicated supply chain mess in modern history - I work for a business that has a 40%+ global market share in our industry, we are facing similar difficulties, so I am a little more patient. Certainly, long-term, those "good dealerships" will be the ones with repeat business when this insane market goes back to normal.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
FIrst post here so be nice (LOL). I am thinking about ordering a 2023 so I emailed my salesperson who I've dealt with for years at a huge Ford Dealer and he told me the order banks open on 8/2 but only for ecoboost orders - he said he wasn't sure when the order banks will open for the hybrid (which is what I want). Not saying this is true but just passing along what I was told.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FIrst post here so be nice (LOL). I am thinking about ordering a 2023 so I emailed my salesperson who I've dealt with for years at a huge Ford Dealer and he told me the order banks open on 8/2 but only for ecoboost orders - he said he wasn't sure when the order banks will open for the hybrid (which is what I want). Not saying this is true but just passing along what I was told.
That's not true, but it was a common misconception. Tell your salesman you'll be in 8/2 to place your hybrid order.
Sponsored