NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've mentioned it before here, but after I ordered my truck last week, the local dealer has gone radio silent even when I've tried to submit my minimal deposit.
Sponsored

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they are both un-interested and un-informed. I contacted 4 dealers, 3 local and 1 where I have a Bronco order in.

The Bronco dealership said on the 8th, way too early, they don;t know pricing but will have pricing close to build dates. I emailed next day, saying dealers are taking orders, I'm prepared to order now, call me when you have your pricing down. Crickets.

1st local dealer -- I never heard back.

2nd local -- dealer said they will not know the price until a VIN is issued. (what!?!) I told him I will not order a vehicle without knowing the price. End of that exchange.

3rd local dealer -- says they are doing MSRP plus dealer ADM only. End of that exchange.

Fuck it.

I emailed Albert at Granger and within minutes had a quote. Since it was Sunday, I continued to finalize the transaction with Amanda the next day... which also took minutes. I will fly out to Philly to visit a son this fall and fly back to Des Moines and drive home from there... with the satisfaction that I got 3% off invoice and dealt with an upfront transparent dealership.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not interested and not informed both. Was at a Ford dealership the other day. Asked a salesman when they might get the Maverick on the lot. He gave me a puzzled look and then hurried off to approach another customer he saw on the lot. Unless they have a vehicle right there and think they can sell it they flat don't care. Sad. 😞

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think they are both un-interested and un-informed. I contacted 4 dealers, 3 local and 1 where I have a Bronco order in.

The Bronco dealership said on the 8th, way too early, they don;t know pricing but will have pricing close to build dates. I emailed next day, saying dealers are taking orders, I'm prepared to order now, call me when you have your pricing down. Crickets.

1st local dealer -- I never heard back.

2nd local -- dealer said they will not know the price until a VIN is issued. (what!?!) I told him I will not order a vehicle without knowing the price. End of that exchange.

3rd local dealer -- says they are doing MSRP plus dealer ADM only. End of that exchange.

Fuck it.

I emailed Albert at Granger and within minutes had a quote. Since it was Sunday, I continued to finalize the transaction with Amanda the next day... which also took minutes. I will fly out to Philly to visit a son this fall and fly back to Des Moines and drive home from there... with the satisfaction that I got 3% off invoice and dealt with an upfront transparent dealership.
Same experience I had, except my “eff it” moment led me to Chapman. lol

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Dealers would rather make their own inventory orders and make you pay over MSRP on in stock cars

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Not ALL dealers doing over MSRP. But, yes, we’d prefer to sell what is in stock. Since we only have 5 new vehicles in stock, I’m gladly taking preorders.
Makes sense

Do you guys get any sort of insight or feedback from Ford about when the shortages should stop?

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
May I ask what dealership u went to that gave you 1k off msrp? I haven't been able to find anyone in dallas under MSRP and a few that said they'll be over MSRP
Crabwalker, I am sorry I did not get back with you sooner on your question. I don't know how I missed it but when I went back to look at this thread I noticed it. The dealer is Texas Country Ford, Winnsboro, Tx. Ask for the manager, Cody, or salesman, Marcos. Tell them I (Marty) sent you and see if you can do business with them. I think they are fairly well educated on this Maverick order thing now, although at first they did not have a clue.

I sent them the order and they worked up the price, which was around a thousand bucks under, give or take as I don't have the exact figures in front of me. They have not made the order yet since I am now in the process of reserving the build on the Ford website. I will list them as my dealer and I guess Ford contacts them. At that point, they place the order. Winnsboro is a nice little town worth a drive some lazy afternoon. It is about 20 miles from me although it is 140 miles from Dallas. Good luck.

bingee3

First Name
bingee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150
I have been in contact with my local dealer via e-mail and telephone for two weeks, still can’t get an order initiated. Last conversation the dealer rep let me know that they would require a 15-20% non-refundable deposit so they didn’t get stuck with a vehicle they didn’t order. When I said I thought that was a bit steep he stated he would meet with the sales manager and get back to me.....4 days later and “crickets”.

Trying to do the right thing and support local business but appears I’m headed to an out of town dealer.
one persons out of town dealer is another persons local

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah local dealers have been frustrating, wanted to go in say what I want and as long as they did MSRP put the order right away.

First Dealer: Apparently as soon as I mentioned the Maverick their faces turned sour lol (did not notice myself as I was distracted but I was told after the fact), was immediately told they were delayed and wouldn't be in till mid 2022. Sit down ask about ordering one, says I need a reservation number, show them email I received and that from what I read no one else who has already ordered one had a number or anything like that. Was told that what I did wasn't a reservation but asking for a quote (nevermind the fact that it's a big button saying "Make a reservation", sigh) and that making a reservation would ask me for my card details to charge me $100 for the reservation. Asked for at least an estimate on the price, can't tell me until they're told how many they're going to receive....

Second Dealer: Get response to my reservation saying "Thank you for your interest in a 2021 vehicle". Not a great start. Ask if they can make the order, again "if you come in and show us your confirmation number we can build the vehicle with you." Explain again how I've not received any number and never heard any mention of this. No Response.

Third Dealer: No response.

Ended up putting my order in out of state.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah local dealers have been frustrating, wanted to go in say what I want and as long as they did MSRP put the order right away.

First Dealer: Apparently as soon as I mentioned the Maverick their faces turned sour lol (did not notice myself as I was distracted but I was told after the fact), was immediately told they were delayed and wouldn't be in till mid 2022. Sit down ask about ordering one, says I need a reservation number, show them email I received and that from what I read no one else who has already ordered one had a number or anything like that. Was told that what I did wasn't a reservation but asking for a quote (nevermind the fact that it's a big button saying "Make a reservation", sigh) and that making a reservation would ask me for my card details to charge me $100 for the reservation. Asked for at least an estimate on the price, can't tell me until they're told how many they're going to receive....

Second Dealer: Get response to my reservation saying "Thank you for your interest in a 2021 vehicle". Not a great start. Ask if they can make the order, again "if you come in and show us your confirmation number we can build the vehicle with you." Explain again how I've not received any number and never heard any mention of this. No Response.

Third Dealer: No response.

Ended up putting my order in out of state.
Sad experience. Sorry you went through all that. Kinda odd some of us on this forum had to do a lot of work in giving people our money.

g1zstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL Hybrid Barebones
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad experience. Sorry you went through all that. Kinda odd some of us on this forum had to do a lot of work in giving people our money.
Yeah, before I finally got it settled I was talking with a co-worker that these laws requiromg dealerships in some states need to be shot down and make direct ordering more available but hey it ended up fine.

NHB_ZOEY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry XSE V6
When I first placed my reservation it was only 2 minutes after Ford officially announced the Maverick. Later that day and the next I started calling Ford dealers to get some info. My contacts seemed uninterested as if I was bothering them. Others, did not have any information or even knew anything about the Maverick. I wonder if they just aren't interested in the Maverick due to a potentially smaller profit than the F150s and Broncos. There seems to be a lot of possible communication problems amidst the 'lack of supply' issues they are dealing with in many other models. Hopefully they can get most of this resolved soon.
Got to go with a BIG Ford dealer probably Top 5 nationwide to get the best service.

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got to go with a BIG Ford dealer probably Top 5 nationwide to get the best service.
I went with a very small dealer out here in East Texas, about 20 miles from where I live. I don't know where in Texas you are located but it might be worth a drive to Winnsboro. The dealer is Texas Country Ford. I ordered a pretty well loaded Lariat - after I told them how the system works. Got it for about $1000 under list price, not great but not bad either considering no deposit and fees were very reasonable. Beauty of the thing is the whole deal was by email. I won't see the dealership or salesman until the truck arrives. Tell Cody or Marcos that Marty sent you and see if you can deal with them. As long as the dealer is informed as to the process for reserving and ordering the Maverick, I don't think it makes much difference if you go with small, local dealers or the mega dealers located in Metro areas.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer offhandedly mentioned that Ford has possibly allocated available pre-order units to dealerships depending on their sales of Mach-E's and maybe some other vehicles. So possibly some dealerships didn't make the cut, and didn't get pre-order allocations like some dealers?

My closest dealer told me I was wrong that people online were confirming their build orders with Ford. I called my next closest dealer (in a larger municipality) and had my build submitted and Ford email confirmation in a few hours from my call lol.
Sponsored