2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am convinced 90 percent of local Ford dealers nationwide are completely clueless! Since my existing order is almost certain to be pushed to MY23, I decided just for kicks I'd call a few of the local dealers within 30 minutes of home to inquire about ordering a 23 through them.

Most of these folks don't even know when order banks are opening, have no idea about the private offer Ford will be giving with pushed orders and will not even entertain the idea of offering even one penny below MSRP on price. But they sure do know they can sell any they get on the lot for $10,000 over sticker! LOL

I'd say the options going forward are extremely limited. Thank God for @fordvideoguy and Long-McArthur. I'd say he's earning my business!
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They aren't having any issues selling them for way over MSRP, so why would they sell them for below? That's the market right now.

My dealer was clueless too, but after almost 11 months of waiting they did agree to stick to MSRP

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am convinced 90 percent of local Ford dealers nationwide are completely clueless! Since my existing order is almost certain to be pushed to MY23, I decided just for kicks I'd call a few of the local dealers within 30 minutes of home to inquire about ordering a 23 through them.

Most of these folks don't even know when order banks are opening, have no idea about the private offer Ford will be giving with pushed orders and will not even entertain the idea of offering even one penny below MSRP on price. But they sure do know they can sell any they get on the lot for $10,000 over sticker! LOL

I'd say the options going forward are extremely limited. Thank God for @fordvideoguy and Long-McArthur. I'd say he's earning my business!
The fact they don’t ordering date is bad imo . They should know that …. As far features they won’t know until late July or maybe august 1!!

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you are on this forum you are more knowledgeable than many dealerships.
Exactly. And I kind of get tired of being a junior @fordvideoguy and having to educate all the local dealers. They should pay me to come in and do a seminar for their sales staff!

It's just a sad, sorry state of customer service in the auto industry these days. Makes dealers like Long-McArthur really stand out in the crowd, though, and I'm sure they are benefitting from it.

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I texted my salesman earlier asking him about setting up an appointment on 8/2 for the order and he said he will get back with me. He never reached out following any of the emails that Ford sent out asking dealers to reach out regarding constraints, I always have to be the person. I didn't even ask when the order banks opened and just told him I want to be there on 8/2 to put in my new order.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm sure someone at the dealership knows when the order banks will open.

BUT Ford has not yet announced details about the transition to 23. Or about the private offer for orders that have to be moved.
They announced that more info will be coming in early Aug, but that is about it.
Probably hasn't trickled down to the salesmen in the large dealerships??

Why would you expect them to sell for under MSRP in this market?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I texted my salesman earlier asking him about setting up an appointment on 8/2 for the order and he said he will get back with me. He never reached out following any of the emails that Ford sent out asking dealers to reach out regarding constraints, I always have to be the person. I didn't even ask when the order banks opened and just told him I want to be there on 8/2 to put in my new order.
Yes! This is the kind of stuff that just makes me want to move my business to Long-McArthur, even though I really don't want to have my truck shipped halfway across the country. But having a dealer who will actually respond to you, and KNOW what is going on, is worth a lot IMO.

The dealer where my order is currently is OK, especially compared to a lot of the other local dealers, but seems like Long McArthur, Chapman and a few others really are head and shoulders beyond the average.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why would you expect them to sell for under MSRP in this market?
I definitely don't EXPECT anyone to sell below MSRP. However, Chapman Ford is offering 3% below invoice for 2023. They are only two hours from me, so figured it was at least worth a shot to call the closest dealers to my home and ask if they would consider matching the Chapman offer or even going $500 below sticker.

Again, just doing my homework and trying to know my options prior to MY23 order banks opening.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honeslty if you can make it to the dealership on 2nd do it person with them etc thats gonna be best way. You can see what they see .

Sponsored

WV_XLT

First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XL. 2017 Escape SE
I'll agree that it's sad that these sakes people don't care enough about their jobs to educate themselves. You walk into a dealer and half or more of the sales people are playing on there phones or standing around BSing. If they would take the time to educate themselves some, it might help them sell more vehicles. If I have to tell the dealer when the order banks open, how can I trust them to know how to even put the order in correctly.

The days of walking into anywhere and talking to a knowledgeable person are becoming a thing of the past. Sad how much customer service has went down hill. I see it in the restaurants all the time. Poor service, no refills, don't check in other than give you food and the bill. Then think they still deserve a 20% tip.

If it continues this way, hope Ford will just let us order directly from the website. I talked to a dealer yesterday about ordering a 2023 Mustang GT when the order banks opened for them. They had no idea. Didn't even know that different models where opening at different times. All he said was yeah when it comes time, go to Ford's website. Build it how you want it. Print out the build form and bring it to us so we know all the packages. I'll give it to the GM and he'll order it. They don't even want to sit down and go through the ordering options with you.

Needless to say, this wasn't my normal dealer and I definitely won't be ordering from them. They want your money but do as little as possible to get it.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I definitely don't EXPECT anyone to sell below MSRP. However, Chapman Ford is offering 3% below invoice for 2023. They are only two hours from me, so figured it was at least worth a shot to call the closest dealers to my home and ask if they would consider matching the Chapman offer or even going $500 below sticker.

Again, just doing my homework and trying to know my options prior to MY23 order banks opening.
As you should!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That's a good idea. It is a little hard now since dealers don't have many definitive answers from Ford for most issues relating to 23 Mavericks!

Hopefully there will be clear instructions in early Aug to dealers....and dealers will read and give the correct info out!

I'll be watching info people are sharing when we get to that point and try to correct any errors I see spreading.

reciprocating_ravioli

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Where have you seen Chapman Ford offering 3% under for the 23? The local dealerships around me haven't been great and I am tempted to order somewhere else. Anyone know if Granger Ford is offering anything for 23 orders?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They aren't having any issues selling them for way over MSRP, so why would they sell them for below? That's the market right now.

My dealer was clueless too, but after almost 11 months of waiting they did agree to stick to MSRP
Just don’t place an order with any dealership except Chapman or granger and LM. Then they have no maverick to add adm
Sponsored