mdwmd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In August, my Lariat Hybrid died in my driveway. It spent two and a half months at the dealership waiting for parts and to replace the wiring harness.

I've had it back for about 2 weeks and just tried to use the air conditioning for the first time this weekend - and it didn't work.

The compressor doesn't seem to come on, there's no cold air, and there's no condensation appearing under the truck.

I checked the fuse - and it's good. Ultimately, I know the right answer is to bring it back to the dealer and get them to fix it, and I'll do that if I have to.

However, is there just a plug/connector that could have been missed that is accessible for me to check at home? I'd rather not make the trip to the dealer if I can spend a few minutes in my driveway checking this out first.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To confirm the obvious, is AC on? Does the button light up? What temp do you have it set to, does setting it to LO make a difference?

OP
OP

mdwmd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No harm in confirming the obvious!

Yes, the AC light is lit up. Ive cycled the climate settings to just about all combinations with nothing effect.

The defroster doesn’t seem to run the compressor either.
Sponsored