First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome to the club and I don’t mean the MTC. The rattles are an annoyance in any car and in one I’ve paid more than 43K, even more so. Ford has contacted me and I took it to a second dealer but no fix. Documented and will try again on next visit…
Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was a kid, I had a Buick Skylark. It was a beautiful car. Every time I slowed down, and put my foot on the brake, I heard a loud medal tap.

I took it to the dealer many times and they could not find the noise. One day I was getting out of the car and dropped my keys under the car. When I picked them up, my hand taped the bottom of the car and there was the noise. It ended up being the medal brace that kept the brake line in place. It was tapping against the car frame.

I took off the brace, wrapped it in electrical tape and never heard the sound again.

It takes time. Hopefully you find the noise.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you find a solution for the problem? That is the only thing that I hate in my Mav. It is annoying.
Yes, gone for good. I sold the Maverick!

Reactions: bgn

notgoosemaverick33

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just recently noticed that vibrating sound. I originally thought it may have been a build up of snow and ice on the prop shaft or one of the front CV axles, but it does actually come from the dashboard. I will probably never fix it, I just turn up the radio or roll the window down and give it some throttle. I am just amazed that someone actually found the cause and location
Sponsored