First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your right ,the “Lugging” is pretty noticeable if you have a light foot, the truck seems to shift to a higher gear to soon . What bothers me about that is the owners manual for my 2019 wrangler stated the 2 worst things for an engine were excessive Idling and Lugging.
Well fortunately, it's really just a "sensation" rather than actual lugging, which is only possible with direct drive. I can't imagine a fluid coupling could ever allow it to get serious enough to cause engine damage. I wouldn't worry about it. 👍
Sponsored

AHarris67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 EB 2.5 XLT 302A, 2004 Chevy 1500HD 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not impressed with this article. I also have a Honda CRV—a fantastic vehicle—and I love Hondas, but I have a perception that CR is biased towards Toyota and Honda.

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vibrations ?? I have 17,000 miles on my 2.0 and have no idea what their referring to?
Over the years I have not understood where a lot of their evaluations come from. Once I bought a washing machine they recommended, it was the worst we ever had.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Having the Ecoboost engine, I also do not experience any engine vibrations. For context, this vehicle runs quieter and smoother than our Crosstrek. Just like someone said, you have to sometimes check the tach to see if it's still running or if auto stop/start engaged because of how refined it is. Also having the Lariat, the acoustic windshield really helps deaden sound as well as the carpeted front wheel wells and Michelin tires.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drove the eco but ordered the hybrid.

Sponsored

2020 GT500

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2023 Miata RF Club
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the above pierce:

"and we like that the hybrid eliminates the turbo model’s annoying engine vibrations."

Can anyone with an EB comments on the annoying engine vibrations? Do you EB owner's find that to be true?
I have the XL 2WD ecoboost. Zero vibrations.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not impressed with this article. I also have a Honda CRV—a fantastic vehicle—and I love Hondas, but I have a perception that CR is biased towards Toyota and Honda.
You are correct imo. They are a compromised entity. Do not trust their data since I was 19. (decades ago)

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Comparing a $38k - $46K vehicle (Ridgeline) getting 20mpg to a $21k - $27K (almost half the price) vehicle (Maverick) getting 37mpg (almost double) and not describing the Maverick as a clear winner says all you need to know about Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports should have just said there is nothing to compare to the Hybrid Maverick; period.

TexasHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Mustang GT- Silver, '15 Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have an overhead Satellite view of the CR parking lot at wherever they are located. Would be very interested in what the CR Employees drive.

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Anyone have an overhead Satellite view of the CR parking lot at wherever they are located. Would be very interested in what the CR Employees drive.
Some of these reviewers are folks starting out in the industry while still driving mommy's hand-me-down 120K+ cars, as reviewing cars is not a highly-paid job.

They get enamored testing new $60k-$100k vehicles and evaluate other vehicles against these higher-end vehicles while try to make a name for themselves by being critical of lower-priced vehicles (like the Munro guy explaining the Mav's undercarriage compared to Audis or Mercerdes higher-quality components...no sh!t Sherlock, their MSRP is 3 times as much) .

Then after feeling all high and mighty at work, at the end of the day they get to drive home in their jalopies. Finding impartial reviewers who take MSRPs into account is hard to do.

Sponsored

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of these reviewers are folks starting out in the industry while still driving mommy's hand-me-down 120K+ cars, as reviewing cars is not a highly-paid job.

They get enamored testing new $60k-$100k vehicles and evaluate other vehicles against these higher-end vehicles while try to make a name for themselves by being critical of lower-priced vehicles (like the Munro guy explaining the Mav's undercarriage compared to Audis or Mercerdes higher-quality components...no sh!t Sherlock, their MSRP is 3 times as much) .

Then after feeling all high and mighty at work, at the end of the day they get to drive home in their jalopies. Finding impartial reviewers who take MSRPs into account is hard to do.
Well said...

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From the above pierce:

"and we like that the hybrid eliminates the turbo model’s annoying engine vibrations."

Can anyone with an EB comments on the annoying engine vibrations? Do you EB owner's find that to be true?
I think the 2.0 EB is very smooth. It's virtually unnoticeable at idle. No harshness when driving.

Maybe the tester was confused with something else he tested.

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vibrations ?? I have 17,000 miles on my 2.0 and have no idea what their referring to?
On my channel's video 2022 Mav vs 2002 F-150, I compare engine sounds. The naturally aspirated 2002 sounds smooth and much quieter than the turbo's blender or sewing machine sound. It does not vibrate the truck, it's just noisey.

Last edited: