Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Remember, this same engine is used in the Edge, Escape/Ford Kuga, Explorer, Focus ST, Fusion, Taurus, Lincoln Corsair, Lincoln MKZ, and Lincoln Nautilus.

Hope this helps. :cool:
no it isnt.

The EB 2.0 has gone through several revisions.

The Focus ST 2.0 is considered GOAT - as it can handle shit tons of power and it was, iirc, the mazda designed block with a bunch of ford crap bolted onto it. The same turbo EB 2.0 block carried through the entire ST production iirc.

The 2013-2019 Ecoboosts fail because Ford took over the block design and fucked it up with some idiotic coolant ports (and subsequently made it weaker in other areas).

The 2020+ motors are revised again - once again Ford doing the block design to hopefully fix the coolant leak issue.

Ive said this multiple times - none of us know how reliable the maverick EB 2.0 will be. Not one of us.
Sponsored

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm with you on this. Timing belt/waterpump replacement isn't going to be that much different from a turbo replacement when you hit those miles....or dealing with a vacuum leak like I did with my last turbocharged car...what a pain that was. Hybrid has a potential battery replacement cost. IMO, at 100k miles all of these engine options could have a rather expensive repair.

I'm still looking forward to a base Maverick, because of the price. But if I need AWD, towing capabilities, and leather, the ridgeline would be an option to consider.
07 Camry hybrid 202k when traded for a 21 Avalon hybrid. Only battery replaced 12v after 13 yrs.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no it isnt.

The Focus ST 2.0 is considered GOAT - as it can handle shit tons of power and it was, iirc, the mazda designed block with a bunch of ford crap bolted onto it. The same turbo EB 2.0 block carried through the entire ST production iirc.

The 2013-2019 Ecoboosts fail because Ford took over the block design and fucked [messed] it up with some idiotic coolant ports (and subsequently made it weaker in other areas).

The 2020+ motors are revised again - once again Ford doing the block design to hopefully fix the coolant leak issue.

Ive said this multiple times - none of us know how reliable the maverick EB 2.0 will be. Not one of us.
Thanks for the information and we understand that the 2.0 has gone through several revisions and upgrades through the years. Most of us that have done any research understand also the current 2.0 is not the same as the first generation of the 2.0. As far as it being used in my posted list of Ford vehicles, in fact as a general statement, it is true. The source I used is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine#2.0_L_"Twin-scroll"_(2015–)

You might notice that I changed a couple of things in your quote above. Please forgive me, but I do have good reason. I do not use such words because they are unimportant to the point and context of any writing. They add nothing to make communication more forceful, when used, they in fact weaken the message as people focus on the words instead of the context. The reason is as explained in a previous post but here it is again. I used up my entire allotment of colorful language or cursing years ago, so I'm not longer allowed to post, even if quoting someone. I hope you understand.

Have a great day. :cool:

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
no it isnt.

The 2013-2019 Ecoboosts fail because Ford took over the block design and fucked it up with some idiotic coolant ports (and subsequently made it weaker in other areas).

Hmm all that said.. I will remind folks that the Hybrid 2.5 L is the same block and bones as the Escape hybrid taxi's in NYC with over 500K miles on them. There is a new Electric motor designed by Ford for the Maverick - hopefully they did that right. It's likely the only weakness of the otherwise solid Hybrid drive....

joewdunbar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Honda Goldwing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The CR report is mistaken for the
Rear occupant alert
The Maverick lacks Ford’s end-of-trip alert system that reminds drivers to check the rear seat for occupants—it comes standard on other models, such as the Bronco Sport. That’s an oversight, because this rear-door-logic system could help prevent kids and pets from dying when left in hot cars.
I put my duffle bag/gym bag in the rear seat, and it always goes off when I stop alerting me something is back there. We don't know how CR tested this or where they got their data, but it's off. I have the hybrid Lariat which may account for this.
Sponsored