Sponsored

Chapman Horsham- Email just received- only 11 allocations!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have to venture a guess that the 22 vehicle, in this instance, had already run through the production line and is just in a lot waiting for a constrained part to ship. Maybe? Otherwise doesnt make sense.
While there are many in this scenario, there are also many that haven't even started production yet.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While there are many in this scenario, there are also many that haven't even started production yet.
Sadly I could see Ford doing this though. Build the truck itself with as much as it can and then sit it out in a field until the parts come in so I can get my 22 in March of next year.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sadly I could see Ford doing this though. Build the truck itself with as much as it can and then sit it out in a field until the parts come in so I can get my 22 in March of next year.
I wonder what component it is that so many are waiting on?

The funny thing is, so much saber-rattling on online forums about how Ford is "losing a loyal customer", yet in the end they will still sell every single one that (eventually?) makes its way to a dealership, and likely many at a significant mark-up.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ed-ordered Lariat Lux Hybrid shipped this morning. It was in production status for 21 days, but in production date on the tracker was 9/10 and built 9/21.

Moon

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram. Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone heard about other dealers' allocations yet? I wonder if Tim will be sharing Long McArthur's allocations during his next live stream. I just can't believe that this allocation for Chapman is accurate - it makes no sense.
Tim said on his video Tuesday that so far they had 714 Maverick orders. I think my dealer had less than five.

Sponsored

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I heard this news this evening via our sales manager. We're to get about half of our orders which amounts to less than a dozen. He went on to say there's no word which ones will be selected, and that there were quite a few dealers which are being allotted none - zero - nada.
I'm hopeful that there has been a mass misinterpretation of Ford's letter, but if there isn't, I don't know if I'm going to be willing to wait for almost a year for nothing. As it is I like my current truck, it's just much more than I need, and with neuropathy in my legs/feet it's difficult and sometimes scary climbing into it via icy step bars. I guess time will tell if we hear something otherwise.

LushRoller

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think about all the things dealers have gotten wrong or misinterpreted throughout this process. As I understand it, some never even knew when order banks were going to open (or that they did open). Kind of strange that they would reach out to customers with this kind of doom and gloom without confirmation though.

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder what component it is that so many are waiting on?

The funny thing is, so much saber-rattling on online forums about how Ford is "losing a loyal customer", yet in the end they will still sell every single one that (eventually?) makes its way to a dealership, and likely many at a significant mark-up.
Not too hard to sell ~150k reasonably priced, low profit small pick-ups. FoMoCo doesn't make a dime off dealer markups.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not too hard to sell ~150k reasonably priced, low profit small pick-ups. FoMoCo doesn't make a dime off dealer markups.
Nope, they pretty much sell themselves. I just laugh at the folks who think their rage and loss of loyalty to Ford means anything to the company. They don’t have to care because they’ll still sell every one they can crank out.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got an email from Ashlie Ryan stating for gave them their MY23 estimated allocations and they only have 11. Of of their writing they had 60 rollovers.

C&P from email-

"We would like to thank you for wanting to order a 23MY Maverick from us...

Between September of 2021 and August of 2022, we delivered or have scheduled over 300 Mavericks...

As you might know, Ford has decided to close the order bank that was open less than 1 week...

Around 5pm last night, we received our MY23 estimated allocation...sadly, Ford estimated a total of 11 for the entire model year for us...we hope that is a mistake and currently trying to get answers as to why delivering over 300 Mavericks only earned us 11 over the same period...

As of today, we had about 60 customers from MY22 who didn't get scheduled and about her 250 who wanted to order from us for MY23...this number was very comfortable for us to handle based on Fords allocation formula and our previous MY sales...

We highly suggest you place back up orders at other dealers in the event Ford stays true to only building us 11 for MY23..."
It must be because their name watch was less than the required minimum. I feel for those ordering from them, but I hope they stop getting allocation for the way the conduct business in the sales, service and parts department operate. I had so high hopes.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Think about all the things dealers have gotten wrong or misinterpreted throughout this process. As I understand it, some never even knew when order banks were going to open (or that they did open). Kind of strange that they would reach out to customers with this kind of doom and gloom without confirmation though.
Just for the heck of it, I called a local dealer ( but not the one I ordered my Mavericks from) and they told me the 2023 Maverick order banks would open on October 22. Lol

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I really suspect that Ford laying off 3,000 of their white collar employees on the ICE side to prepare for EV production has impacted both their allocation planning and communication about it.

It probably doesn't really matter what they say now since that will likely change many times over the 23 model year.

One glaring problem with everything they have said about allocations is that it lumps hybrids with Ecoboosts.

With only around 20% of of orders being for Ecoboosts they may have only gotten 20,000 to 30,0000 orders for Ecoboosts. If they expect to make to be able to make 65,000 Ecoboosts then unless there is some unrelated constraint then I can't imagine they would skip a lot of Ecoboost orders just because the dealer does not have a planned allocation for it.

Assuming that they did not get a lot more Ecoboost orders than I think then I would expect all Ecoboost orders that do not have too many other constraints to be filled, probably sooner than later.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It must be because their name watch was less than the required minimum. I feel for those ordering from them, but I hope they stop getting allocation for the way the conduct business in the sales, service and parts department operate. I had so high hopes.
Actually this is most likely their stock allocation and not their retail allocation.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought they were one of the good dealers, only heard good things about them, am I missing something?
Sponsored