AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 11/2 ordered Alto Blue EB XLT Lux arrived at Chapman last month and with end-of-summer vacation, school starting for the kids then Labor Day, this past weekend was the first opportunity I had to take delivery of the truck. Let me say that, prior to this, my experience Chapman during the ordering process was great. Ashlie always answered my emails asking various questions about ordering and status within a day and they were happy to give me all the information they had about my order. Once the truck arrived, Matthew worked with me on the finance details which included price protection (3% off invoice at the time of order, exactly what was in the DORA) and the available finance deals from last November (I chose 0.9% for 48mos). I was copied on emails to other team members about getting the deal ready for my arrival, the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and the handoff to James since Matthew was going to be off on my delivery day.
I came up by Amtrak from Southeastern VA ($33 one-way ticket) to the main train station in Philly (a restful 6 hour trip). A quick call to James and he had a Lyft car picking me up 5 minutes later for the 40min drive to Horsham. Pulling in, the truck was out front already and I walked inside to the counter and told them I was here to pick it up. James met me carrying my owner's manuals and keys to give me a chance to put my bags in the truck and look it over while another couple was finishing up with their deal.
After getting familiar with the controls, adjusting the seat, mirrors, settings, and paring my phone to the radio, I went back inside to wait my turn with Finance. I did notice that the truck didn't have a front plate holder (not needed in PA but required in VA). I enquired about that and they offered to order one (no charge) and send it to me along with my VA plates when they received them. Since I wouldn't need it until then anyway, that seemed perfectly acceptable.
The other couple finally finished (evidently they decided to re-do their financing which meant throwing away all the previously prepared documentation and starting from scratch) and it was my turn. The finance lady (my apologies for not remembering her name) was very pleasant and efficient in going through the documentation, showing me where to sign and answering my questions. Again, all the numbers were as promised with no surprises which I was very happy about after hearing stories of folks getting jerked around at other dealerships. There was a cursory discussion of warranty and protection packages, but no hard sell and no guilt or fear about refusals. This was a welcome change from my last dealership experience which tried really hard to upsell me on that stuff. Within 15 minutes, I was out the door and on the road back home (did I mention they gave me a full tank of gas?) with a quick detour for a cheesesteak dinner at a local restaurant she recommended (really tasty).
The truck ran great on the 5.5 hr drive home averaging a surprising 31MPG. The seats were more comfortable than in my BMW 5-series and the radio (for all the complaints of audio quality) sounded better than the one in my wife's 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. I was really impressed with how well it drove and tracked down the interstate even in the occasional rain I encountered.
So for those of you who've ordered from them or are thinking of giving them your business, YMMV, but my experience was very positive and I wouldn't hesitate on using them again for another purchase. Maybe a Mustang Mach 1?
Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great to hear you had a positive experience! Some day, my prince truck will come... :ROFLMAO:

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wonderful news. Congratulations on the new truck.

My build date isn't here, yet the truck appears (as reserved) on their website!

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 11/2 ordered Alto Blue EB XLT Lux arrived at Chapman last month and with end-of-summer vacation, school starting for the kids then Labor Day, this past weekend was the first opportunity I had to take delivery of the truck. Let me say that, prior to this, my experience Chapman during the ordering process was great. Ashlie always answered my emails asking various questions about ordering and status within a day and they were happy to give me all the information they had about my order. Once the truck arrived, Matthew worked with me on the finance details which included price protection (3% off invoice at the time of order, exactly what was in the DORA) and the available finance deals from last November (I chose 0.9% for 48mos). I was copied on emails to other team members about getting the deal ready for my arrival, the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and the handoff to James since Matthew was going to be off on my delivery day.
I came up by Amtrak from Southeastern VA ($33 one-way ticket) to the main train station in Philly (a restful 6 hour trip). A quick call to James and he had a Lyft car picking me up 5 minutes later for the 40min drive to Horsham. Pulling in, the truck was out front already and I walked inside to the counter and told them I was here to pick it up. James met me carrying my owner's manuals and keys to give me a chance to put my bags in the truck and look it over while another couple was finishing up with their deal.
After getting familiar with the controls, adjusting the seat, mirrors, settings, and paring my phone to the radio, I went back inside to wait my turn with Finance. I did notice that the truck didn't have a front plate holder (not needed in PA but required in VA). I enquired about that and they offered to order one (no charge) and send it to me along with my VA plates when they received them. Since I wouldn't need it until then anyway, that seemed perfectly acceptable.
The other couple finally finished (evidently they decided to re-do their financing which meant throwing away all the previously prepared documentation and starting from scratch) and it was my turn. The finance lady (my apologies for not remembering her name) was very pleasant and efficient in going through the documentation, showing me where to sign and answering my questions. Again, all the numbers were as promised with no surprises which I was very happy about after hearing stories of folks getting jerked around at other dealerships. There was a cursory discussion of warranty and protection packages, but no hard sell and no guilt or fear about refusals. This was a welcome change from my last dealership experience which tried really hard to upsell me on that stuff. Within 15 minutes, I was out the door and on the road back home (did I mention they gave me a full tank of gas?) with a quick detour for a cheesesteak dinner at a local restaurant she recommended (really tasty).
The truck ran great on the 5.5 hr drive home averaging a surprising 31MPG. The seats were more comfortable than in my BMW 5-series and the radio (for all the complaints of audio quality) sounded better than the one in my wife's 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. I was really impressed with how well it drove and tracked down the interstate even in the occasional rain I encountered.
So for those of you who've ordered from them or are thinking of giving them your business, YMMV, but my experience was very positive and I wouldn't hesitate on using them again for another purchase. Maybe a Mustang Mach 1?
I am happy for you. It was a complete different experience for me. I am 20 minutes from them and I was offered 4% under final invoice. The service department lost one of the bolts when doing my undercarriage recall. The parts department told me a part did not have an ETA of availability, but a dealer, I now use, had it three days later. It has just an awful experience and could not recommend them even when saving some money.

JazzyJockJeffcoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long before Chapman reached out?

My Mav was delivered 2 days ago and I can't get a reply by email and sales promises a call back but they never call back. They supposedly noted to my file I am taking delivery but that's it. A tad worried!

Sponsored

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long before Chapman reached out?

My Mav was delivered 2 days ago and I can't get a reply by email and sales promises a call back but they never call back. They supposedly noted to my file I am taking delivery but that's it. A tad worried!
Just reaxh out to them.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I'll give it a fresh try tomorrow. Dude on Reddit who just picked up mentioned they have to be badgered a bit. 🙄
I felt ghosted. No updated at any time. Service and parts are also bad. I'm already going to a different dealership for accessories and service.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too had a good experience with Chapman. My understanding is Ford corp requires dealerships to build in to the delivery and prep charge a tank of gas….so in reality “you”and I paid for our tank of gas. I flew from Atlanta to Philly and they had a free Lyft driver waiting for me at the airport, had Ford software loaded, tank of gas and 1/2 hour orientation from Ken….enjoyable 699 mile drive home. Never having had CoPilot360 in a vehicle, the emergency braking feature saved my ass 30 minutes after leaving the dealership. After quite a few vehicles over the years, I'd agree, the Maverick has probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever owned. Radio is close to or as good as the BOSE in my other vehicle.

I found phone calls are not quickly responded to but emails took minutes for a response. Probably had 3 or 4 emails in the entire ordering and pickup process....zero phone calls.

Last edited:

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck was just built last week and just got a email lastnight that it shipped. How long did it take from leaving the plant to it getting to the dealership? Mine is for Chapman in Philly not horsham but I’m assuming mine should be similar as the 2 dealerships are about 35-40 mins apart.

Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was just built last week and just got a email lastnight that it shipped. How long did it take from leaving the plant to it getting to the dealership? Mine is for Chapman in Philly not horsham but I’m assuming mine should be similar as the 2 dealerships are about 35-40 mins apart.
mine took 14 or 15 days to Horstram, Penn

OP
OP

AeroSC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 535i, 2019 Honda Pilot, 1963 Ford Falcon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too had a good experience with Chapman. My understanding is Ford corp requires dealerships to build in to the delivery and prep charge a tank of gas….so in reality “you”and I paid for our tank of gas. I flew from Atlanta to Philly and they had a free Lyft driver waiting for me at the airport, had Ford software loaded, tank of gas and 1/2 hour orientation from Ken….enjoyable 699 mile drive home. Never having had CoPilot360 in a vehicle, the emergency braking feature saved my ass 30 minutes after leaving the dealership. After quite a few vehicles over the years, I'd agree, the Maverick has probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've ever owned. Radio is close to or as good as the BOSE in my other vehicle.

I found phone calls are not quickly responded to but emails took minutes for a response. Probably had 3 or 4 emails in the entire ordering and pickup process....zero phone calls.
That was my experience too. Emails seemed to get responses quicker. I bet they are way too busy to take phone calls much during the day.

MikeyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
mine took 14 or 15 days to Horstram, Penn
Ok thanks! Once it gets to the dealership was it a few more days for them to go over it before you could pick up?

BobS

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Ok thanks! Once it gets to the dealership was it a few more days for them to go over it before you could pick up?
I picked up my Horsham Chapman Maverick 2 weeks ago. Price was as originally promised. Pickup was easy, had to pay my Uber from the Philly airport. (Others had theirs paid.) no big deal, however for some odd reason I didn't get any floor mats at all. Chapman gave me a "We Owe" paper and said they would send some carpeted mats to me. But, not until I had to stand my ground with the usual sales floor BS about them.
Nice vehicle! Got 42 MPG on the 600 mile trip home. Wish I had ordered another 2023 when I had the chance.
Thanks to all for the information through this process.
Sponsored