Sponsored

Chapman Horsham- Email just received- only 11 allocations!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many of those VINs are exported though?
Actually, numbers a bit higher than I thought.

They sold only 1504 in Canada in CY2021. 10 in Argentina. 39 in Brazil. (Total of 1,553)

Then in Q1: (Total of 3,011)
Canada: 1,933
Mexico: 818
Brazil: 67
Argentina: 193

Then in Q2: (Total of 4,874)
Canada: 2,518
Mexico: 617
Brazil: 684
Argentina: 1,055

So if Q3 (July-Sep) was roughly similar to Q2, probably about 5k more, for a grand total of 14,438 (let's just go with roughly 15000) non-US sales of MY22 Mavericks through the end of this month.
Sponsored

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Watch this video with Tim Bartz, he explains there are 2 allocation numbers. One mid month (which I believe is what the dealers got so far) and another one end of month.

Food for thought... there is a share of region factor in play. Assuming Chapman is in the mid-atlantic region. They are competing with the other Chapman dealers, some bigger ones in MD and VA region as well.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Watch this video with Tim Bartz, he explains there are 2 allocation numbers. One mid month (which I believe is what the dealers got so far) and another one end of month.

Food for thought... there is a share of region factor in play. Assuming Chapman is in the mid-atlantic region. They are competing with the other Chapman dealers, some bigger ones in MD and VA region as well.
Again, Chapman-Horsham allocations last year went like this:
Nov & Dec (combined): 89
Jan: 43
Feb: 45
Mar: 28
Apr: 25
May: 0
Jun: 2
Jul: 47
Aug: 8 (later revised to approx 40)

So competition or not, something else is going on here.

woozoo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Woo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Its not just the maverick, over at the bronco forums, they're only slated to get 90 out of 360 unscheduled

Ford Maverick Chapman Horsham- Email just received- only 11 allocations! 1663779205339

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They've issued VINs for at least up to 113,900 MY22s.
People talk about how many VINs there are for 2022 and the general consensus seems to be that they "have" to build everything they have a VIN for. I expect under normal times that would be absolutely true. However, if they don't have the parts or time to build a 2022 they have issued a VIN for what stops them from "recalling" the VIN? I don't think there are any legal consequences for assigning a VIN and then recalling it. If they end up without the parts or they run out of time some trucks with VINs won't get built. I don't expect we are there yet, but it is nearly October and they claim 2023 production starts in 7 weeks or so. Should be interesting to watch.

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Again, Chapman-Horsham allocations last year went like this:
Nov & Dec (combined): 89
Jan: 43
Feb: 45
Mar: 28
Apr: 25
May: 0
Jun: 2
Jul: 47
Aug: 8 (later revised to approx 40)

So competition or not, something else is going on here.

For completeness:

August 17, Horsham claimed over 50 scheduled. We don't know the breakdown of the specific allocation numbers.
None of my 50+ scheduled so far have FWD with 4k...
September's allocation was 39
we earned 39 for wholesale
Also in September, they hit the 400 order threshold.
Hi everyone! We hit 400 orders! Thank you so much...We have decided to close down the 4% under invoice offer...a new offer will be starting today...don't worry, if you were one of the lucky 400 who placed an order, we are still honoring the 4% under invoice deal when your Maverick comes in!
I'm not aware of any numbers reported for October.

and again, thanks to @theway-yay-ting for managing this list throughout the year.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People talk about how many VINs there are for 2022 and the general consensus seems to be that they "have" to build everything they have a VIN for. I expect under normal times that would be absolutely true. However, if they don't have the parts or time to build a 2022 they have issued a VIN for what stops them from "recalling" the VIN? I don't think there are any legal consequences for assigning a VIN and then recalling it. If they end up without the parts or they run out of time some trucks with VINs won't get built. I don't expect we are there yet, but it is nearly October and they claim 2023 production starts in 7 weeks or so. Should be interesting to watch.
Yep, at least we'll all hear about it here in the forums, as Ford will never tell.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For completeness:

August 17, Horsham claimed over 50 scheduled. We don't know the breakdown of the specific allocation numbers.

September's allocation was 39

Also in September, they hit the 400 order threshold.

I'm not aware of any numbers reported for October.

and again, thanks to @theway-yay-ting for managing this list throughout the year.
Just to clarify, the numbers @chuckles posted are from Aug & Sep 2021.

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is weird about the Maverick re-order (22MY to 23MY), is that after the ROVP/COVP process, an email acknowledgment was sent out by Ford. Why acknowledge an order if Ford is aware the dealer has very limited allocations? You would think that Ford would have this figured out.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's why they will almost certainly push the start of the 23s back. I do wonder what will happen if it gets to the end of the year and there are still some outstanding orders. Since Ford already closed the order banks, are those people sh*t out of luck? Hopefully in that situation they submit private orders and make them front of the line 23s. I would have no problem with that myself

Sponsored

billygoat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford marketing had no issue confirming over the phone that some my22 will be built after my23's are rolling off the line

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford marketing had no issue confirming over the phone that some my22 will be built after my23's are rolling off the line
Not sure how that would work.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I asked them something similar the other day as well. I was like "What if they don't all get built before they start producing 23s, does mine become a 23?" They said no it will still get built like a 22.
Pretty sure they aren't familiar with how manufacturing processes work.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked them something similar the other day as well. I was like "What if they don't all get built before they start producing 23s, does mine become a 23?" They said no it will still get built like a 22.
Pretty sure they aren't familiar with how manufacturing processes work.
I would have to venture a guess that the 22 vehicle, in this instance, had already run through the production line and is just in a lot waiting for a constrained part to ship. Maybe? Otherwise doesnt make sense.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost