Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s evident at this point.
Sorry man. My Bronco was an Ice Mountain victim for more than 90 days and it infuriated me watching Broncos built after mine arrive at the dealership.
Sponsored

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are not able to order them yet. The new ones are not in the system right now.
Would not the truck that I am currently driving be a higher priority for an airbag replacement than a truck that is not in service yet? I am not aware of a recall but I would think they would repair those already sold before the ones setting in a holding lot.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Would not the truck that I am currently driving be a higher priority for an airbag replacement than a truck that is not in service yet? I am not aware of a recall but I would think they would repair those already sold before the ones setting in a holding lot.
I agree. I can't see how they wouldn't take priority over vehicles in production.

hikonhui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
kon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But they are available. The new ones are put in the Mavericks they’re building everyday.
I don't think so. My truck has been in production since end of July. I believe Ford is in a whole bunch of hurt.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fords hurting?
Boohoo 😢 , there builing new trucks as we speak with air bags there is no justification for OP not to get his truck rolling asap. Thats just messed up!

Sponsored

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The same can be said for the posts we have all seen where folks are waiting weeks for repairs due to back ordered parts , yet those very parts are going into new trucks by the hundreds. Supply chain my ass! The system sucks.

OP
OP
JackZ

JackZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Cruz, Ford Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think so. My truck has been in production since end of July. I believe Ford is in a whole bunch of hurt.
Trucks are now being delivered every day that's not affected by the recall. That means they do not have the same side curtain airbags as the trucks prior to July 9.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main reason dealers won't release a vehicle that has a "delivery hold" as per the recall letter is because they don't want to be fined, in this case, $21,000 for failure to comply.

Attachments

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The main reason dealers won't release a vehicle that has a "delivery hold" as per the recall letter is because they don't want to be fined, in this case, $21,000 for failure to comply.
THANKS

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be honest guys, is this truck going to last a long time or will it be just headaches after headaches?

Should I just get rid of it now while the value is still high?

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Be honest guys, is this truck going to last a long time or will it be just headaches after headaches?

Should I just get rid of it now while the value is still high?
It's a 20k Ford underneath all the Lux packages and all that built during a global pandemic. Do with that what you will. 😉

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are a lot of ticky tacky BS items involved in many recalls. A faulty airbag and long away fix gives me cause to worry.

We had a lot of delivery holds, even brand new cars during my 15 years working at a dealership.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford can put the new ones in trucks they’re building now then they have the new airbags available. Ford just did not anticipate trucks being delivered that fell in the recall dates. It took 11 weeks for my truck to get to my dealership.
Whatever the reason, the recall notice 22C20/22V594 states parts are "anticipated" to be available by January 2023 (note there is not date, just the month.). Received that recall notice just last week, so not really worried. ..... Now I have 2 recall letters.

The new ones placed in current production are most likely incompatible due to updated changes. Those changes only known by engineers at FORD (not MTC owners).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be glad your govt did not send you a "do not drive" notice.
Sponsored