First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck, that I ordered in September 2021, arrived at my dealer Thursday, September 22. I tried to pay for it and take delivery the 23rd but because of the side curtain airbag recall the dealer could not sell it to me. It’s still mine but the airbags have to changed out before I can get it. So it is sitting in my dealers back lot until the parts come in and Ford says that will be in the first quarter of 2023. I have written letters to Ford and called the NHTSA and filed a complaint because 4-6 months waiting on parts is not a “reasonable time”. I suggest everyone that has the same problem call and complain to Ford and call the NHTSA at 888-327-4236 to file a complaint. This is ridiculous to have my truck sit for that long and Ford not furnish parts to fix it. Again…this is only for trucks arriving at dealers that can not be delivered to the buyers due to the side curtain airbag recall 22V594.
Yep. This just happened to me a couple of days ago. Ford shipped the truck knowing it cannot be sold. Never communicated this to me. The dealer, who has been great, told me. They are seeing what they can do. It’s already been 16 months. 🤦🏽
Sponsored

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5 minutes ago, got an email from Ford (second one) notifying me the side airbag issue will not have replacement airbags until 1st quarter of next year... Not worried! But wonder who gets priority of replacement side airbags....new orders in productions or those delivered 12 month ago and already on the road.

Hillbilly

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The info sent to me indicated that the airbag issue did not constitute a "do not drive" declaration from the NTSB

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add me to this list… built on the last day of the recalls and after Chip hold for 2 months… just delivered yesterday and they can’t sell it to me.

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pls add me to the "Yes we have your truck but we cannot sell it you" list ....
Got a call from Chapman Philly, the truck got delivered to the dealership, but due to side curtain airbags, they cannot sell it. They do not know what the wait time is. They said that they will let me know. Yeah Sure !!
The accessories that I have already received will sit in my garage for another 4 months.

Sponsored

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am currently in the process of purchasing a used 2022 Maverick, put money down and applied for financing. Now all of a sudden they have to check with their general manager if they can sell the car to me due to this recall.

dhvgb1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hybrid (2014), Honda CR-V (2018)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck has been on a "Hold" since mid October, but is scheduled to have the recall work completed on January 3, 2023. Parts are confirmed shipped, but not delivered to dealer as of 12/29. Fingers crossed!
Sponsored