First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, if you got a letter from Ford about the ***IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL*** about the side curtain airbags with VIN number you are in the group with me. My experience with Classic Ford in Galveston was easy and smooth. I called them, they ordered the parts, got them in and called me to schedule the service. The parts came arrived in about a week. I had the recall service done and a regular service (oil change and more) that they call "The Works." Classic had my Maverick from 8am and I got a call around 5pm the same day from James Rose (service advisor) letting me know it was all done and ready.
To me, that is about as good as it gets from a dealer service experience and I want to thank Classic for their communication and ease of recall service. I figured when I got my Mav that I'd have some recalls since it is a new model so I am ok with these.
So, how'd your experience go and let us know of the good dealerships!
Have a good one and enjoy your Maverick!
Sponsored

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
must be nice lol

mine was opposite - I got mail letter saying parts were ready - scheduled oil change, TSB for brakes and air bag recall - the booking person said they ordered the parts and was all set for my appointment the following week

I bring my car in at 845am and the service advisor goes over the planned work - oil change, TSB and airbag recall I say yep perfect and say I'm done work at 3 so if possible have it done by 4pm
exactly at 3pm they call and say my car is ready and I get to dealer and the same service advisor goes "ok so we did oil change and TSB....the air bag parts didn't arrive in time so we will call you to schedule another appointment" - wait what?

1)why wouldn't they confirm parts are there for SCHEDULED service before taking my vehicle for the day 2) I am single and have no other car/no one to pick up/drop off so its kind of a hassle to bring my car in - which is why I scheduled all 3 at once and now have to bring my car back

3)they cracked my front license plate cover (i know this because i washed it sunday and also back into my parking spot so everytime i walk up to it i see the plate cover) - not a big deal since its a piece of plastic but its still another strike against them overall lol

OP
OP
IslaDelDan

IslaDelDan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 & 2019 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be ticked off too. You are right and they should have let you know to schedule - when the parts were at the dealership!
Good luck to you!

ToastyScones

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, if you got a letter from Ford about the ***IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL*** about the side curtain airbags with VIN number you are in the group with me. My experience with Classic Ford in Galveston was easy and smooth. I called them, they ordered the parts, got them in and called me to schedule the service. The parts came arrived in about a week. I had the recall service done and a regular service (oil change and more) that they call "The Works." Classic had my Maverick from 8am and I got a call around 5pm the same day from James Rose (service advisor) letting me know it was all done and ready.
To me, that is about as good as it gets from a dealer service experience and I want to thank Classic for their communication and ease of recall service. I figured when I got my Mav that I'd have some recalls since it is a new model so I am ok with these.
So, how'd your experience go and let us know of the good dealerships!
Have a good one and enjoy your Maverick!
Cannot say the same for the ford dealerships around me in San Marcos Griffith is just kinda there and the only decent dealership is all the way is Austin at Lief Johnson

Wasatch-Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had my side curtain airbags recall taken care of last week along with an oil change and tire rotation. Ed Kenley Ford in Layton, Utah had the parts for the fix with no issues. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up in the afternoon.

My next recall (when they have the parts available) is to have a new 12V battery cable overlay to replace the existing one. They indicate there may be a potential for the existing battery connection to become lose.

Sponsored

Wessss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
must be nice lol

mine was opposite - I got mail letter saying parts were ready - scheduled oil change, TSB for brakes and air bag recall - the booking person said they ordered the parts and was all set for my appointment the following week

I bring my car in at 845am and the service advisor goes over the planned work - oil change, TSB and airbag recall I say yep perfect and say I'm done work at 3 so if possible have it done by 4pm
exactly at 3pm they call and say my car is ready and I get to dealer and the same service advisor goes "ok so we did oil change and TSB....the air bag parts didn't arrive in time so we will call you to schedule another appointment" - wait what?

1)why wouldn't they confirm parts are there for SCHEDULED service before taking my vehicle for the day 2) I am single and have no other car/no one to pick up/drop off so its kind of a hassle to bring my car in - which is why I scheduled all 3 at once and now have to bring my car back

3)they cracked my front license plate cover (i know this because i washed it sunday and also back into my parking spot so everytime i walk up to it i see the plate cover) - not a big deal since its a piece of plastic but its still another strike against them overall lol
They did the exact same thing to me

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had an oil change, tire rotation and air bag recall done while I waited. Two hours and five minutes. NO interior damage. Ballentine Ford, Greenwood, SC. There are some good service centers out there..... (y) :)

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea not letting them touch my truck. I know too much about the dealerships around me and it's not good. Same reason why I didn't place an order in state. Whole lotta nope I'll take my chances leaving them as is.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yea not letting them touch my truck. I know too much about the dealerships around me and it's not good. Same reason why I didn't place an order in state. Whole lotta nope I'll take my chances leaving them as is.
I love my dealer. From the initial call, driving the Maverick away and all the scheduled maintenance since then. I’d give them an A+
Now, having said that, I’ll neverrrr get this particular recall done.
I’m sincerely happy to read reports of good experiences people have had with the recall(s). But the horror stories, of which there are too many, are total nightmares.
Thanks, but No thanks!
Sponsored