john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been waiting 5 months for the airbags to come in for the recall. This is unacceptable. Anyone else having this issue?
Your a lucky guy, am not doing mine. My dealer knows I worked for a dealer most of my life and tells me like it is, the job sinks, they have to put their best guys on the job and even they have problems they brake all the clips, nothing goes back right, imposable to keep your interior clean, etc, etc, and Ford doesn't pay anything close to what its worth to do. check out all the post on guys that had it done their not happy. They likely have the parts just stalling till they have time and right techs to do it.

RJC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RUSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK CARBO GREY AWD XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you get one of those yeti tumblers after getting airbag recall done. I live in NL Canada ?

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your a lucky guy, am not doing mine. My dealer knows I worked for a dealer most of my life and tells me like it is, the job sinks, they have to put their best guys on the job and even they have problems they brake all the clips, nothing goes back right, imposable to keep your interior clean, etc, etc, and Ford doesn't pay anything close to what its worth to do. check out all the post on guys that had it done their not happy. They likely have the parts just stalling till they have time and right techs to do it.
I am not having it done either.

There is NO safety issue, just NHTSA nit pickers.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I first got the I scheduled the airbag recall. After seeing what needed to be done, it's a hard pass from me. I don't trust them one bit to do a good job or keep the vehicle clean while doing it. Breaking clips and such is an issue that a good tech should expect, but I don't trust them to even bother replacing them if they do.

No thanks.

Sponsored

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I decided to play Recall Roulette and upon my truck's return the interior was so perfect I suspected that nothing at all had been done. Later work performed by him demonstrated that I had found an excellent mechanic, so count me among the lucky.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you get one of those yeti tumblers after getting airbag recall done. I live in NL Canada ?
Based on what other Canadian's have posted, that's a hard no. Ford Canada doesn't seem to offer stuff like that.

Got mine done last week, my dealership did a great job (BC, CA). Took a day and half, but you'd never know they'd done it. Tech even took the time to improve the wiring for my dash camera.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had it done along with every TSB and customer satisfaction bulletin I could find. I asked them for a loaner as they said it would be a couple of days to do ALL the work. When my service writer called to verify the appointment, I asked if there was a loaner scheduled. She said all loaners were schedules out to the middle of Nov. (this was back in September) and I said that will not work for me. I called my salesman Johnathon and asked if he could help me out. He eventually got me a 2023 Escape with 100 miles on it. They really worked with me on this situation. They finished the job in about 1 day and I couldn't be happier with the results. They replaced the airbags, did the grabby brakes fix also along with the new TSB about the PCM update. They updated my radio with the latest firmware update that dropped the day it was in the shop (I called my service writer and told her it just came out. Thank You MTC for the heads up) and they did the No Start CSB cable overlay.

When I went to pick up the vehicle I immediately looked at all of the interior pieces around the headliner. Everything looked great! The next day I noticed above the drivers door, some of the airbag was showing. I was going to take it back to the dealer, but decided to give it a little persuasion. I was able to get it tucked back in without much effort. The whole job took about 5 minutes.

Overall I am very satisfied with my dealership and all the repairs. Thank You Germain Ford in Beavercreek Ohio! and a special thanks to Johnathan (Sales) and Gina (Service Writer) for getting me a loaner car!

And yes I got the "Yeti Maverick" water bottle too!
Sponsored