First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Maverick is part of the side curtain airbag recall group. Does anyone know if this affects the front seat airbags too? The reason I ask is that I have Wet Okole seat covers and was wondering if I had to remove them before taking my truck in for the recall repairs. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful here!
Sponsored

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick is part of the side curtain airbag recall group. Does anyone know if this affects the front seat airbags too? The reason I ask is that I have Wet Okole seat covers and was wondering if I had to remove them before taking my truck in for the recall repairs. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful here!
Just the curtain airbags, you can leave your seatcovers on

OP
OP
Guy_K

Guy_K

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great! Thanks!

93nighthawk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Transit 150, 97 Aerostar AWD, future XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You just want to make sure that the cab is empty because the tech has to drop the headliner to get to the airbags. I had to help remove my kids car seat so he had room in the back to remove the trim.

Takehold67

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you receive your Mav back. Make sure you check and look at everything. I took mine in and it looked trashed. The put three little holes in where the speaker is for the phone in the headliner. Also just greasy handprints all over. Passenger seat belt does not work. Seven weeks later still not right. The battle continues

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you receive your Mav back. Make sure you check and look at everything. I took mine in and it looked trashed. The put three little holes in where the speaker is for the phone in the headliner. Also just greasy handprints all over. Passenger seat belt does not work. Seven weeks later still not right. The battle continues
My seatbelts are fortunately functional, but the interior similarly got trashed. Scratches, grimy hand-prints, and tool marks.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now I’m worried😩 With everything that’s happened so far with my “3 1/2 hr airbag recall” that began last Thursday and my truck now at a collision repair center getting the driver door painted after they damaged it on the lift, I can’t wait to see what it looks like on Thursday or Friday if I get it back then😖
Sponsored