2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is a good thing for people to read when considering purchasing an extended warranty. You can get a 10 year 100k miles Premium plan for about $1600 ($1400 if you apply $210 of your fordpass points earned for buying the truck).

Not to mention repairs in 5-8-10 years will be more expensive than they are now.
I had an independent mechanic say he would not do aftermarket warranty repairs because it was too hard/too long to get paid. And the debate over what was covered was a hassle. Not sure if dealers provide dealer provided extended warranties, but on balance I don't think I ever had an appliance, tool or vehicle repair that would have been covered or cost more than the warranty premium. Everyone wants to see you one, so it adds up. If the unknowns were so big I felt I needed a warranty, I would just look elsewhere for the product. Just my own opinion on extra warranties.
Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cost of ESP warranty plans from good sized Ford dealer. To get quote, just answer a few questions, mileage, state, model yr. Prices on attached chart

92482852-1721-4E54-ADF3-7BDAB4C9B41D.png
Good example. I still have a 2010 Tahoe (so 13 years old) with 182,000 miles. No issues. If I had bought the Premium 10 yr/175,000 warranty with a $200 deductible for $4140, I would have lost big time. Repairs have only been a fuel pump, small front suspension work (tie rods or something), and belt, tires, brakes, fluids. I don't think I even spent $4140 including routine maintenance. I know in 2010 the warranty would not have cost that much but still, maybe only the fuel pump would be covered (cost was only about $500), and I think it failed at year 11.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’d think so and that was my argument. Ford argued otherwise so far. We shall see what is done to resolve this. It’s either covered under warranty or ford is going to have another maverick on their lot. My grandpa retired from ford and my family has always owned fords. This has definitely changed my view.
I did check Ford's part coverage tool, for the the aux heater assy (18K463). It is only covered under 3/36.

It is not on the list for "8/100 Warranty for Unique Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Components".

jdiaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XLT Lux 2000 Boxster 1970 VW Westy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took my truck in for the airbag recall last week and also noted yellow coolant all over the outside of the muffler and on my garage floor from a cold snap we had in December.....clearly related to the battery heat exch. Tech noted that this was considered "normal."

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes. I noted this above. But, again, I am now super curious who the OP has been paying for his oil changes, tire rotations, etc. Because if it was not the dealer he has shown no loyalty.
Does Ford need to earn loyalty, or is only the consumer required to earn loyalty. I goes both ways really in such a relationship. If he prefers to change his own oil or rotate his tires (maybe as a tinkering thing) and save him some money, why should he be penalized. Ford sells all kinds of parts, etc for DIY'ers and they are okay selling that. He entered into a good faith relationship by wanting to be a Ford customer and buying a Ford product. The next loyalty (good will) move is theirs. Just an interesting topic not unique to Ford or any other company.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Freeb22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius, Jeep Liberty, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did check Ford's part coverage tool, for the the aux heater assy (18K463). It is only covered under 3/36.

It is not on the list for "8/100 Warranty for Unique Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Components".
I had the truck in for symptoms of this at 23k miles. They stated “no cause found” and now there’s a cause. That’s a major part of my concern that I’m addressing in letters to ford.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the truck in for symptoms of this at 23k miles. They stated “no cause found” and now there’s a cause. That’s a major part of my concern that I’m addressing in letters to ford.
Have you called the Ford CAC? This is a much faster process than sending letters, and that is what they are there for. The fact that there is a documented concern of this issue while under base warranty is certainly helpful.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Are you able to see coverage eligibility under any of the ESP tiers?

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does Ford need to earn loyalty, or is only the consumer required to earn loyalty. I goes both ways really in such a relationship. If he prefers to change his own oil or rotate his tires (maybe as a tinkering thing) and save him some money, why should he be penalized. Ford sells all kinds of parts, etc for DIY'ers and they are okay selling that. He entered into a good faith relationship by wanting to be a Ford customer and buying a Ford product. The next loyalty (good will) move is theirs. Just an interesting topic not unique to Ford or any other company.
I hate to break this to you, but every manufacturer has a loyalty score for their clients. All of them. And yes, if you are asking for free money you do in fact need to show loyalty. IF the dealer is correct and that is not a covered item (they have a really simple system for entering part numbers and knowing if something is or is not warranty) then he is out of any liability period by Ford. End of conversation. If he chooses to not spend any money with that business post purchase, it matters. Now, again, with a documented concern while IN warranty and also being so close to his expiration miles the hope is that a combination of the dealer/Ford step up for him. But this idea that they somehow owe it to him simply because he bought a truck is misguided.

OP
OP

Freeb22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius, Jeep Liberty, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you called the Ford CAC? This is a much faster process than sending letters, and that is what they are there for. The fact that there is a documented concern of this issue while under base warranty is certainly helpful.
I have contacted them and have been sent on an infinite loop between them and the dealer only to be told that “there are no assistance programs available right now”. I made it known that I was wanting to speak to someone regarding warranty issues and to speak with the dealer’s warranty contact. When talking to the dealer, I was told that everything needed to go through the service manager and I cannot speak directly to the warranty manager.

Sponsored

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These symptoms were present from 23,000 miles until you got the heat exchanger diagnoses at 38,000 miles?

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hmmm....I would have to run the coverage on a vehicle that had the ESP. I was using my hybrid Mav as an example, and I don't have ESP.
If anyone has a hybrid Mav w/ ESP, they can send me the VIN and I can check part coverage.

I am fairly confident that it would be covered under the Premium Care ESP.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did track down PDF list of parts covered by PremiumCare ESP. 18K463 (Heater Assy - Auxiliary) is covered under Premium Care.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hate to break this to you, but every manufacturer has a loyalty score for their clients. All of them. And yes, if you are asking for free money you do in fact need to show loyalty. IF the dealer is correct and that is not a covered item (they have a really simple system for entering part numbers and knowing if something is or is not warranty) then he is out of any liability period by Ford. End of conversation. If he chooses to not spend any money with that business post purchase, it matters. Now, again, with a documented concern while IN warranty and also being so close to his expiration miles the hope is that a combination of the dealer/Ford step up for him. But this idea that they somehow owe it to him simply because he bought a truck is misguided.
Ok, so on a business level, 8 Ford fleet vehicles currently. 90% of service at Ford. A 2015 F-350 gasser engine went at 26,000 miles. Beyond the warranty time. New engine required, about $11,000 A known problem according to forums, but apparently the HQ is not aware. Loyalty score was apparently zero. But thanks for breaking it to me......

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That sucks especially with that expensive of a repair. I know many people don't like buying extended warranties but something many should consider for the Maverick, especially the Hybrid. Ford ESP is not extremely expensive. Just one repair like this could easily pay for the warranty.
Yes on the extended warranty. Though the Maverick is mostly made with parts from other vehicles, it is a new configuration with all expenses spared to make it cheap. I figured I’d be keeping mine for at least 7 years, so I added the 10 year factory (Ford Premium) when I bought the truck. It covers almost everything and when I decide to sell, the new owner will have the piece of mind that they are covered for at least a couple of years. Usually, I am anti-extended warranty.
Sponsored