2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A question for the hybrid owners: water temperature is normally low on your car or ~50% after a couple of minutes after start?
They are now telling me it's normal to have it low (about all the time)
It will stay below the half mark on colder days if the heater is on for anything more than few minutes, more so if you are on the battery.
Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A question for the hybrid owners: water temperature is normally low on your car or ~50% after a couple of minutes after start?
They are now telling me it's normal to have it low (about all the time)
Your hybrid's temp gauge may stay low if the engine is cycling off and on. It's still a hybrid aiming for efficiency, so it won't necessarily aim to keep the temp needle in the middle. If the engine is running constantly (e.g. highway driving), the engine will likely be at the full normal operating temp (middle mark). But it won't run the engine just to keep it hot. It will keep it warm, however, which is why it will still kick the ICE on periodically even if the HVB isn't discharged/maxed out on power draw yet. And why, even with climate off and a charged battery, it will want to start the ICE soon after starting the vehicle in the cold.

kenswebdesign

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package, 360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just coming off the C = 120°F
First Tic Mark = 155°F
A little less than vertical = 185°F

30 minutes of slow speed city (all under 40 MPH) with lots of EV, this photo: on a +40 degree day.

3FA61354-E003-4A32-AD6C-CF620231FE38.jpeg
The other reason the engine temperature is low is because it is not even running half the time. If you were going 80mph on the highway for an hour, the temp will be higher because then the gas engine will run all the time.

OP
OP
iuliux

iuliux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The heat exchanger was replaced again (twice in the last 4 months).
On the phone, a service representative told me that the service assists me with any concern - the dealership told me they just do repair.
@Ford Motor Company is this normal???

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
The heat exchanger was replaced again (twice in the last 4 months).
On the phone, a service representative told me that the service assists me with any concern - the dealership told me they just do repair.
@Ford Motor Company is this normal???
Hi there. This heat exchanger concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Maverick. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
Sponsored