2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It doesn't. I am not saying you are this client, but it is shocking the number of people that buy a new car every ten years and never bring it to the dealer for service and then ask for out of warranty assistance. Factories will help people that show brand loyalty. Simply buying A car, and a low dollar one at that is not reason enough. Nobody got rich off of the sale of a Maverick.
Tough to show brand loyalty when you purchased a new vehicle that requires $1500 in repairs just outside of the warranty period.

Loyalty goes both ways.
Sponsored

MetalThunder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
MetalThunder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ecoboost AWD Oxford White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't help but sit here and thinking that this maybe another reason Ford is keeping Hybrid production Numbers constrained/down as compared to demand ... So the potential recalls don't hammer them ? Too many of these type of posts .. ... I hope you , and so many others, get these (albeit my perception from only this forum) hybrid unique issues resolved ! @ 10K I love my Maverick as much as the day received.

Cheers

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tough to show brand loyalty when you purchased a new vehicle that requires $1500 in repairs just outside of the warranty period.

Loyalty goes both ways.
He's had 36k miles to service his truck at the dealer. And according to the OP, he's done that. Trust me when I say the factory cares about this. A lot.

jerrisn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid/2023 Hyundai Tuscon/2013 Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Posting this as a caution to anyone considering a hybrid. This is concerning the heat exchanger which seems to be a common issue. I took delivery of my truck 3-28-2022. Around September with 20,000 miles I had an appointment scheduled for an engine shield recall. Days before my appointment, I began to get notifications in the app that battery power was low and all remote systems were disabled. Dealer found no issue causing this. Now at 38,000 miles, I have a check engine light with codes 237c and 237d. The cause was deemed to be the heat exchanger in the hybrid system (GREAT! Should be under the hybrid system warranty). Wrong. Sent home with the vehicle and told it is safe to drive. After speaking with the warranty department, I’m on my own for a $1500 repair on a part that should be covered under warranty. I have a shake at idle that started when the check engine light came on also. I was told that sometimes they’d offer to cover the cost based on circumstances but since I’m not a loyal ford customer, I’m out of luck. Mind you, I’m 26 and this is my first new vehicle ever owned. Just beware that after the 36,000 mile warranty, it’s a crapshoot whether anything (including power train) will be covered. Despite being maintained based on the maintenance schedule and services being done at the dealer, ford doesn’t care. Mine will be for sale after this repair and I’ll be Toyota shopping again based on solely customer service. My dealer’s service manager told me that this seems to be a common theme with ford’s warranty department in the last year. He told me that they thought it would be covered without question and he even requested it be covered again to no avail.
I don’t see this vehicle making it to 100,000 miles without extensive repairs and costs.
I would go to https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com and buy a warranty with the $1500. It looks like you are still eligible to get one even at 36K miles. I could be wrong, but I entered a 22 with 36500 miles and it gave me a quote. I think you have up to 44k miles to purchase one. I would double check though if I were you.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Posting this as a caution to anyone considering a hybrid. This is concerning the heat exchanger which seems to be a common issue. I took delivery of my truck 3-28-2022. Around September with 20,000 miles I had an appointment scheduled for an engine shield recall. Days before my appointment, I began to get notifications in the app that battery power was low and all remote systems were disabled. Dealer found no issue causing this. Now at 38,000 miles, I have a check engine light with codes 237c and 237d. The cause was deemed to be the heat exchanger in the hybrid system (GREAT! Should be under the hybrid system warranty). Wrong. Sent home with the vehicle and told it is safe to drive. After speaking with the warranty department, I’m on my own for a $1500 repair on a part that should be covered under warranty. I have a shake at idle that started when the check engine light came on also. I was told that sometimes they’d offer to cover the cost based on circumstances but since I’m not a loyal ford customer, I’m out of luck. Mind you, I’m 26 and this is my first new vehicle ever owned. Just beware that after the 36,000 mile warranty, it’s a crapshoot whether anything (including power train) will be covered. Despite being maintained based on the maintenance schedule and services being done at the dealer, ford doesn’t care. Mine will be for sale after this repair and I’ll be Toyota shopping again based on solely customer service. My dealer’s service manager told me that this seems to be a common theme with ford’s warranty department in the last year. He told me that they thought it would be covered without question and he even requested it be covered again to no avail.
I don’t see this vehicle making it to 100,000 miles without extensive repairs and costs.
My 2014 C-Max had a 96,000 hybrid component warranty.
Bought me a new $7,000 transmission at 95,000 miles.

Sponsored

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Maverick hybrid component warranty is, 5 yrs 100,000 miles. Non hybrid is 3 yrs 36,000 bumper to bumper. Power train is higher yet.
Either way it is a warranty issue.

OP
OP

Freeb22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius, Jeep Liberty, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the Ecoboost doesn't have this part, point well made!
You’d think so and that was my argument. Ford argued otherwise so far. We shall see what is done to resolve this. It’s either covered under warranty or ford is going to have another maverick on their lot. My grandpa retired from ford and my family has always owned fords. This has definitely changed my view.

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I picked up my truck yesterday and got premiumcare and tell everyone I meet to do the same. Ford like any other manufacture buys parts from suppliers and they provide the out of pocket cost to repair the defective items during 3yr 36k miles. That is why the powertrain is 5yr 60k because Ford is making the powertrain. Hence why would Ford want to pay out on a part they didn't make?
Why not use your fordpass points toward it?

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maverick hybrid component warranty is, 5 yrs 100,000 miles. Non hybrid is 3 yrs 36,000 bumper to bumper. Power train is higher yet.
Either way it is a warranty issue.
Spoken again like a consumer with no knowledge of the facts. Hopefully Ford helps the OP out. But "hybrid coverage" does not now, and has never meant every single component in the hybrid system. This is true of Ford and every other manufacturer. The extension for hybrid components is typically aimed at higher value components.

mcluvin

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't just take their word for it. Read the warranty. They usually get wordy and specific. My daughter's Honda Civic had a valve cover gasket fail at <36K miles. I told her to take it in and it would be covered under warranty. She took it to the dealership and the tech told her it was not covered under warranty. I had to call the dealership and they quickly changed their tune. Another Honda dealership pulled the same shi* with her young friend who owned the same model Civic that had the same problem. If it truly is not covered under warranty, ask for a Goodwll repair or credit, but don't trust that dealer to do it. That's rich telling you that you aren't a loyal Ford Customer. They certainly aren't trying to turn you into one, are they?

My daughter's car has ~42K miles on it. She got suckered into a brake flush at the last oil change ~6K miles ago. Guess what a different dealership told her she needed at the most recent oil change? A brake flush.

Reactions: bgn
Sponsored

jahl

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As much as I feel like biting off, yes. Which in my case is I have covered liability only for many years on not brand new vehicles. Home is a different story, yes, but the costs of the insurance vs the replacement cost of the home is a very small fraction. Health, already do it with hi deductible policy. Costs of warranty vs what you might get paid is likely not to be the same fraction of home insurance costs vs home replacement costs.
Of course the premium cost relative to replacement value is greater on an auto policy. Not sure if you are aware of this, but cars meet an untimely demise at a slightly (much) higher rate than houses. Lower impact, MUCH higher probability.

Just think about what you might guess the odds to be that a Maverick will need $1400 in repairs over 10 years/ 100k miles. Also consider what a repair might cost in 2030.

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spoken again like a consumer with no knowledge of the facts. Hopefully Ford helps the OP out. But "hybrid coverage" does not now, and has never meant every single component in the hybrid system. This is true of Ford and every other manufacturer. The extension for hybrid components is typically aimed at higher value components.
No need for your ongoing Rudeness to other members.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pretty sure this IS a warrantable repair. Either part of the powertrain or specific to the hybrid system ( warms the battery pack). Make sure you talk with the Service Manager, not just a service writer about this.....
+1. And have them escalate to the Regional Rep if needed...

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would go to https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com and buy a warranty with the $1500. It looks like you are still eligible to get one even at 36K miles. I could be wrong, but I entered a 22 with 36500 miles and it gave me a quote. I think you have up to 44k miles to purchase one. I would double check though if I were you.
I would ask Granger if this would work, they will likely shoot straight with you. It will prob show up in the system as predated and not covered but who knows. Anyway, if I had a hybrid I would definitely keep it under full warranty as long as you own it, too many expensive and flaky components.