First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s plenty of threads in here about towing but I’ll add mine. Im towing a Crestliner 1754 Bass Boat that I restored over the winter and finally got out for a few tows this spring. The boat is rated as 800 pounds, the motor at 300lbs, best guess on trailer is 600 pounds. So with all equipment and gear I’m guessing very close to 2000lbs for the package.

I have the EcoBoost with 4K tow package. I am absolutely 100% impressed with this truck’s ability to tow this boat. Absolutely no shortage of power at highway speeds, stopping is decent with no trailer brakes, and fuel mileage so far is respectable 12l/100kms on winter tires still). I have no issues very highly recommending the Maverick for towing up to 2000 pounds.

What I will add though is that I’m often launching on gravel boat launches.Every single time I haul the boat out I’m spinning tires. This truck can tow 2000 pounds just fine. I would not recommend the 2 wheel drive models if the intention is to launch boats with it. The limitations on traction with this little truck is too much to overcome if there’s gravel involved.

Ford Maverick Bass Boat Towing with 2.0L 4K Towing Package BEC4FFEE-2743-405C-BFAB-15F9EEB3F2A3
Sponsored

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There’s plenty of threads in here about towing but I’ll add mine. Im towing a Crestliner 1754 Bass Boat that I restored over the winter and finally got out for a few tows this spring. The boat is rated as 800 pounds, the motor at 300lbs, best guess on trailer is 600 pounds. So with all equipment and gear I’m guessing very close to 2000lbs for the package.

I have the EcoBoost with 4K tow package. I am absolutely 100% impressed with this truck’s ability to tow this boat. Absolutely no shortage of power at highway speeds, stopping is decent with no trailer brakes, and fuel mileage so far is respectable 12l/100kms on winter tires still). I have no issues very highly recommending the Maverick for towing up to 2000 pounds.

What I will add though is that I’m often launching on gravel boat launches.Every single time I haul the boat out I’m spinning tires. This truck can tow 2000 pounds just fine. I would not recommend the 2 wheel drive models if the intention is to launch boats with it. The limitations on traction with this little truck is too much to overcome if there’s gravel involved.

BEC4FFEE-2743-405C-BFAB-15F9EEB3F2A3.jpeg
Low profile of your tow helps, versus a camper or box trailer.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I works extremely well to tow my 18' bowrider with a 4.3L inboard. Even at a sketchy, slippery launch!
1682022341304.png
Spin them tries and blast out of the lake- lol - Whats the trailer weight on that ?

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ever get on a slimy launch ramp? I think the FWD is a benefit.

Sponsored

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Mxer97

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 mav xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fwd Hybrid here, getting upper 20’s mpg here towing. 💪🏽

Ford Maverick Bass Boat Towing with 2.0L 4K Towing Package A2AB6638-BBDF-4A23-B44C-8FFA3F9FD9C5

gear1975

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Civic, 2006 Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Spin them tries and blast out of the lake- lol - Whats the trailer weight on that ?
I'd estimate that the boat/trailer/cargo/fuel etc is around 3300 lbs.

Also worked will with my buddy's 23' pontoon, These types of pontoons are generally 110 lbs per foot and the trailer is about 1000 lbs. Also, truck was empty, so total is well under the 4k pound limit, even after filling it up with fuel. So, estimate this to be about 3600 lbs. Launched it at the boat launch with no issues at all.

Ford Maverick Bass Boat Towing with 2.0L 4K Towing Package 1682089234041

Ford Maverick Bass Boat Towing with 2.0L 4K Towing Package 1682089247173

gear1975

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Civic, 2006 Pathfinder
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ever get on a slimy launch ramp? I think the FWD is a benefit.
FWD on a slimy slippery ramp is nowhere near as good as AWD. With the weight on the back, the front tires lose traction. That along with wet/slimy/loose grave etc, makes it more of a challenge for any vehicle to pull out a boat/trailer.

I recall launching a 19' bowrider with my old Dodge Caravan and this is exactly what happened. Had to back into the water enough to re-launch the boat, and re-connect the trailer to another tow vehicle. Was making a burnout smokeshow with the Caravan at the launch! lol!

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

FWD on a slimy slippery ramp is nowhere near as good as AWD. With the weight on the back, the front tires lose traction. That along with wet/slimy/loose grave etc, makes it more of a challenge for any vehicle to pull out a boat/trailer.

I recall launching a 19' bowrider with my old Dodge Caravan and this is exactly what happened. Had to back into the water enough to re-launch the boat, and re-connect the trailer to another tow vehicle. Was making a burnout smokeshow with the Caravan at the launch! lol!
I saw a guy just spin away frying to get his trailer up. the ramp. Interesting show but felt real bad for him. I 've seen hitches in the front. Is that a possibility with the Maverick?

Sponsored

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BEC4FFEE-2743-405C-BFAB-15F9EEB3F2A3.jpeg
Have you tried different driving modes to get up the ramp without spinning? I also have a 4k, planning on adding the 2 other driving modes soon. With the available modes on the 4k slippery might help. Of course, I would prefer just to let er eat a little 😉

OP
OP
Transplant

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you tried different driving modes to get up the ramp without spinning? I also have a 4k, planning on adding the 2 other driving modes soon. With the available modes on the 4k slippery might help. Of course, I would prefer just to let er eat a little 😉
It’s a gravel ramp… I took it easy and minimized spinning the tires and got up with no trouble, but a different driving mode might not be a bad idea. This launch gets pretty bad by the late summer because so many people tear it up dragging their boats out without any concern for what they’re doing to the launch.

1fifty

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd estimate that the boat/trailer/cargo/fuel etc is around 3300 lbs.

Also worked will with my buddy's 23' pontoon, These types of pontoons are generally 110 lbs per foot and the trailer is about 1000 lbs. Also, truck was empty, so total is well under the 4k pound limit, even after filling it up with fuel. So, estimate this to be about 3600 lbs. Launched it at the boat launch with no issues at all.
The view in your mirrors must have been something with that chasing you down the road! 😀

Ball to prop must be twice the length of the truck!

ToddinTexas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean, it's loose gravel. Spinning the tires is more a function of the surface than the truck.
Sponsored