First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems unlikely they can keep under the 2k limit. Also that's quite a distance at full load on the stock radiator, no transmission cooler, no trailer brake...

And wouldn't yank a boat out of the water with fwd. Many post its fine... And it will be until it isn't.

They should have gotten AWD with 4k. Wouldn't do that tow trip.
Sponsored

17riemc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid Moonroof CoPilot360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems unlikely they can keep under the 2k limit. Also that's quite a distance at full load on the stock radiator, no transmission cooler, no trailer brake...

And wouldn't yank a boat out of the water with fwd. Many post its fine... And it will be until it isn't.

They should have gotten AWD with 4k. Wouldn't do that tow trip.
yeah, I would not try it myself anymore, I told her they might have to keep thier old toyota truck for towing, she said they ordered the base xl hybrid for 2 reasons, price and mileage. thanks for all the input

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Someone posted that they rented a hybrid and the rental key was one that was programed to restricted usage. I don't remember if they tried towing or anything but things like speed were limited.
I am very interested in this question also. I have a boat motor and trailer that total
Weighs about 500 pounds. Has anyone pulled a trailer with their hybrid yet and were there any problems?
I have been trying to sell the boat however as usual people want things for free or close to it.

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am very interested in this question also. I have a boat motor and trailer that total
Weighs about 500 pounds. Has anyone pulled a trailer with their hybrid yet and were there any problems?
I have been trying to sell the boat however as usual people want things for free or close to it.
Do a search on GPSMAN and towing. You should have no problem based on his experiences.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid