First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To me it's either run it throgh the car wash or let the winter salt rot it out. So far I have only used touchless. But there is one I know of that is a hand car wash. Car goes down a track and a few guys wash it down with soapy sponges. But you have to leave the vehicle. Not sure if they could handle having to push the l button to leave the car in neutral. Wonder if anyone has any experience with this.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have a light-color vehicle, any visible scratches from the brushes may not show. If you have a darker color, it's more likely to show the scratches.

If your vehicle is ceramic coated, usually most of the dirt will be washed off with a touchless wash, because not much dirt will stick to the ceramic coating.
Ah, the old "ceramic coating" - the undercoating and glass etching scam of the 2020s.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's 45 out today and my Tremor is getting the hand wash it deserves.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's 45 out today and my Tremor is getting the hand wash it deserves.
Hand wash for me too. The Maverick is easy to Hand wash in the drive way. If I lived in a northern state in winter then yes I’d be going to the self wash using the hand wands and my own brushes.

Sponsored

DarrenDizz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have been using a touchless car wash and it seems to good and do a pretty decent job keeping the paint clean. Definitely good tho to hand wash from time to time… to keep any build up from happening.

DanielP

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone run their Maverick through the automatic, brushed car washes? Does it work ok, without hurting the truck?
Just make sure the various rotating brushes use fabric or cloth bristles and not plastic!

BobMcD

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see a lot of not-very-old cars and trucks with rusted out fenders and bumpers. I'm a lot more worried about the nasty effects of road salt than I am almost unnoticeable swirl marks. Mine gets frequent washes that includes a good strong underbody wash as often as it needs it to continue to look nice and clean.

Brett3550

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t know many people who buy a $20K show truck so auto wash it is!

Sponsored

EchoPear

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 XLT Hyb/HPR/Lux/360/Bed Rail/Moonroof on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The swirls and scratches left by an automatic car wash are usually only in the clear coat. A detailer could polish them out pretty easily.

You could always start as a car wash person then once you get more time or annoyed with the swirling take it for a paint correction and begin to hand wash/touchless

Or as others have said in other threads, just get a paint correction and wax every year and you can exist with a small amount of mostly unnoticeable swirls indefinitely

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It said 0% chance of rain. I guess they don't count misting/drizzle as rain....

Got it done though not my best effort, call it a 7/10 but it was the dirtiest it has been.

Ford Maverick Automatic Car Washing Maverick? IMG_5604

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Locally there is a brushless automatic wash. It kind of sucks though and fortunately the same place has coin op manual pressure washer wands.

I use those for high pressure foam to blow the worst of the dirt off and clean the wheels, then run though the automatic which has an underbody rinse, "ceramic" wax and blow drier.

If I bother to detail dry it with microfiber towels it winds up looking pretty good afterwards.

The other local place has brushes that scratched the ever living sh*t out of the paint on my last car.
Sponsored