First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The easy way to do this and figure out, is to use a light tester to find which possible fuses you want to tap off of are ignition switched hot. Then pull the fuse you intend to use, flip the ignition switch on and using your light tester, probe the fuse contacts to find the the power feed side of the fuse. That's the side you tap your power off of if running a seperate fuse.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E.jpeg

6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97.jpeg

BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F.jpeg
Well the word is out and now the party's over, Even taking a VIN # off a ghost Optima I tried to order from several Kia websites and get out of stock and or no longer available 🥺
You know what they say you snooze you loose

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought my auto dimming with compass one without homelink because I dont need it. Got it from Quirk parts on evilbay. $32 shipped. Told em it wasnt going on a Kia.

Mymaverick2021 they could care less if it's going on a Kia or not. Money is money. The reason you cant get one of the ones with homelink new even with a ghost bin, is the homelink mirrors they obsoleted are gone. No more inventory left. It's not a conspiracy. Once everybody knew, they probably sold out in a few hours.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought my auto dimming with compass one without homelink because I dont need it. Got it from Quirk parts on evilbay. $32 shipped. Told em it wasnt going on a Kia.

Mymaverick2021 they could care less if it's going on a Kia or not. Money is money. The reason you cant get one of the ones with homelink new even with a ghost bin, is the homelink mirrors they obsoleted are gone. No more inventory left. It's not a conspiracy. Once everybody knew, they probably sold out in a few hours.
Part link please 🙏

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heres part number. You will have to search the web with that number. Their sale ad I tried to purchase again. It said out of stock. I think it was for a sorrento. I may have gotten the last one.

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed Screenshot_20220224-133137_eBay

Sponsored

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just got my email confirmation from quirk parts that it is ready for pick up. Ordered it on 1/21.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shadow Black Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received mine from Kia today, try part number A7062-ADUP1, delivered for $22.37.
Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed 39241F2F-6180-405C-B7FF-5C46A3991FBF

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oops, it’s auto dimming, homelink and compass.

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mines in, easiest install ever. I paid a guy. 😁
Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed image

Wawesson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat FX Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got power from my Sunroof switch. 4 wires in switch. Two outside ones are keyed power and ground (black wire). Wired mirror so both inputs keyed. Homelink will not work when key off for Security if broken into outside at home.
Video is how to remove Sunroof switch bezel.

Used taps to get the power.
Need to add about 10 inches to wires you get with mirror connector. Suggest wiring taps with wires hanging down as in picture. There is an opening in head liner between the Sunroof switch bezel and black cover. Can poke the mirror connecto through the hole after wiring. Whole process took about an hour.

Got like new Kia Gentex mirror off Ebay for $50, free shipping.

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed inbound2191295364425333447

Others have shown how to remove black camera cover. Just pull down from window side.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Chicago Mike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the white plastic part and the foam,rubber tape stuff for?
The white plastic part is a replacement fastener for the A-pillar, designed to fit the vehicle that the mirror was spec'd for. The foam tape is for wrapping the wiring through the headliner and down the A-pillar to the power source.

iddie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does the compass stay on when the vehicle is off?
I just installed my autodimming mirror with homelink and compass. It seems the compass and autodimming feature stays on when the vehicle is off but the homelink buttons don't work.

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to bump, but I just got my mirror in the mail, but not sure how the wiring goes. I've seen a few people post pictures, but they all seem to be the nicely finished ones, so I don't know what wires go where.
I got the auto-dim/home-link one.
Sponsored