First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was the wiring like that came out of the mirror and did you supply your own wire from the mirror to fuse panel?
Came with just a few inches of wire. I supplied the rest of the wire and fuse taps.

greenweever

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Peterbuilt
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any picture of routing the wires under the headliner? Was it as simple as wedging in there, or did you literally have to remove part of the headliner and re-adhere it?

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any picture of routing the wires under the headliner? Was it as simple as wedging in there, or did you literally have to remove part of the headliner and re-adhere it?
Nope, just loosened up the visor and tucked them under

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E.jpeg

6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97.jpeg

BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F.jpeg
Awesome Brian
Thanks for the share

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came with just a few inches of wire. I supplied the rest of the wire and fuse taps.
what amp fuses did you use? Standard 12 gauge wire? Thanks!

LARIATBLACKFUTURE

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Ram 1500
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

Nope, not me. Auto mirrors are not near as dark as manual.

Nope, not me. Way too much glare from auto mirrors and they are not as darkening as manual.

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick

Does the mirror fit right on the Maverick's windshield original mirror holder?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Does anyone know any alternatives to the Kia mirror that have dimming, Homelink and the compass? (that Kia one is impossible to fine), and 2) How tough are the wires to conceal?
Since the Mav is based on the Ford Escape, I'm wondering if the mirror will easily adapt to the Maverick. If so, I would think it would be cheaper than the KIA. I haven't done any research as yet, as I'm still awaiting delivery. Sort of takes away from the urgency.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yipes! I know, cheaper than the $250 and up price I've seen for new.
I think you can consider the exact model of mirror as totally interchangeable between car makes and models since they are kind of a "dumb" hardware, they generally do not communicate with the vehicle they just need power. So you can really use any of them it seems. From what people have said, the mirror mounts are standardized (is that generally true?) so as long as the mirror doesn't have an especially stubby or aggressively up-ward angle of the arm that would contact the BLIS plastic cover above, any of them should work.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They should be interchangeable. It's not like Ford produces their own.. these are all made by just a few manufacturers, Gentex being a huge one.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think you can consider the exact model of mirror as totally interchangeable between car makes and models since they are kind of a "dumb" hardware, they generally do not communicate with the vehicle they just need power. So you can really use any of them it seems. From what people have said, the mirror mounts are standardized (is that generally true?) so as long as the mirror doesn't have an especially stubby or aggressively up-ward angle of the arm that would contact the BLIS plastic cover above, any of them should work.
Thanks for the information!
Sponsored