First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed 35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed 6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How much bigger is the mirror? The factory one is quite small...

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome! Glad it worked out and seeing how easy it was to link it up makes me want to get back on the hunt (for a used one) after having 5 separate orders on the other cheap one from that mega thread cancelled
They are all over eBay for $40+. $60 to me is still plenty cheap and well worth it for me.

Sponsored

John Nelson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Altima
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E.jpeg

6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97.jpeg

BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F.jpeg

John Nelson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Altima
1. Does anyone know any alternatives to the Kia mirror that have dimming, Homelink and the compass? (that Kia one is impossible to fine), and 2) How tough are the wires to conceal?

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

By the time I get my HyMav and get the Snug topper on I'm thinking the center mirror will be useless anyway.

Wonder if there is a fulltime rear camera?

Long time since I saw bare stud interior garages, thought the building code required a shearwall inside?😎

GambleGarage

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does it install? Screw on? And easy to hide the wires behind that black box on the window?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Does anyone know any alternatives to the Kia mirror that have dimming, Homelink and the compass? (that Kia one is impossible to fine), and 2) How tough are the wires to conceal?
Just about any gentex mirror will work, they are all pretty universal, And all work pretty much the same. Some just have additional features like the compass (hidden and not hidden) and some do not.

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How does it install? Screw on? And easy to hide the wires behind that black box on the window?
Installs just like the factory mirror. One screw. Wires are under the black box and routed under the headliner and down the side of the dash.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was your method to remove the stock mirror?

GodFatherofTech

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Vette, '69 C10, HD Trike
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E.jpeg

6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97.jpeg

BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F.jpeg
Model number or purchase link if possible
Sponsored