First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to bump, but I just got my mirror in the mail, but not sure how the wiring goes. I've seen a few people post pictures, but they all seem to be the nicely finished ones, so I don't know what wires go where.
I got the auto-dim/home-link one.
I explained it in the first post
Sponsored

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I explained it in the first post
You did, sorry, I should have specified. The mirror I got has four wires and I believe yours had three, so I was confused as to how mine hooked up. I have the Gentex 1142 model which also comes with a fourth wire to disable the auto-dim feature when it receives a reverse signal. I think I have it all figured out now.

Poyter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 XLT, FX4, Space White
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You did, sorry, I should have specified. The mirror I got has four wires and I believe yours had three, so I was confused as to how mine hooked up. I have the Gentex 1142 model which also comes with a fourth wire to disable the auto-dim feature when it receives a reverse signal. I think I have it all figured out now.
anyway you could explain the 4 wires for me ? I also got the 4 wire one and im wondering how to connect them. You could PM me If you’d like. It’s winter here so I haven’t had a chance to install it yet. Thanks

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I also ordered some appropriate Molex connectors from Mouser to make an inline harness with the factory camera, and also wired in a heavy duty 12v to 5v USB converter for a dashcam into the same harness. I don't like tapping into factory wires if I don't have to, and this makes the installation completely reversible if needed.
Same for me, bu
Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed 3BB8783A-A006-47DB-BD45-9E4E072DB4B6
t I used a Ford Fusion mirror

Sponsored

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyway you could explain the 4 wires for me ? I also got the 4 wire one and im wondering how to connect them. You could PM me If you’d like. It’s winter here so I haven’t had a chance to install it yet. Thanks
What color are your wires? And what model mirror is it? (look on the back of the mirror)

Rickrollin'

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the KIA mirror, and want to install myself. I used to do my own car stereos/speakers but it's been over 20 years, so I'm a bit rusty. The only feature of the mirror I want is the dimming part. How would that vary from this install? Would I still need to separate the wires or can the homelink and dimming go together? A little nervous about this install, don't wanna muck it up.

Mavreezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also purchased the auto-dimming mirror last week and it arrived with all the necessary hardware. Hopefully 🤞 it will be as easy as the one I installed years ago on my 2003 Mazda B3000. The only issue I have at this moment is waiting for the damn truck to arrive.

Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed PXL_20230305_022606836~2

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought the KIA mirror, and want to install myself. I used to do my own car stereos/speakers but it's been over 20 years, so I'm a bit rusty. The only feature of the mirror I want is the dimming part. How would that vary from this install? Would I still need to separate the wires or can the homelink and dimming go together? A little nervous about this install, don't wanna muck it up.
Go search. Type in
Go to search. Type in cheap auto-dimming home link mirror. Look for thread with 61 pages. Lots of info on installation plus how to remove trim.

Rickrollin'

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Go search. Type in
Go to search. Type in cheap auto-dimming home link mirror. Look for thread with 61 pages. Lots of info on installation plus how to remove trim.
Found it, thank you!!

Sponsored

NevergettinMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Clarity
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have the four-wire mirror, it's this from the mirror wires -

Black Wire = Ground, Green Wire = HomeLink system power, White Wire or Pinkish Wire = Compass and Mirror power, Grey Wire = Auto-dim disable (takes Reverse signal).

I skipped the Grey wire - so for my setup, I did:

black from mirror to black dome light wire.
green from mirror to white/green dome light wire.
white/pink from mirror to purple/white sunroof wire.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody have a bead on the Kia (A7062-ADUP1) in stock? I just placed another order and it got immediately canceled again due to backorder. Stupid systems still don't show backorder status before you buy.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score