Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
  • Banned
Picked up an auto dimming compass mirror from Kia parts. These are dealer install kits made in the USA by Gentex. Gentex is a supplier of these for almost every auto manufacturer. Simple install only requires an ignition switched hot, and a body ground. I think the blue will go with the backlighting on the switches. This ran me $32 shipped. When obsoleted , Kia discounts the hell out of em to sell em off. I think the ones with homelink garage door opener built in were selling for $12. I dont have homelink, so dont need it. I felt this was a great deal. I believe this is a $200 retail mirror. I included kit part number on the box for anybody looking for one of these. Still waiting on my truck. I guess when it gets here I will spend some time modding it with the stuff I have been picking up for it.

Ford Maverick Gentex Auto dimming compass mirror Kia parts 20220218_192418

Ford Maverick Gentex Auto dimming compass mirror Kia parts 20220218_192457

Ford Maverick Gentex Auto dimming compass mirror Kia parts 20220218_192302
Sponsored

Last edited:

ebxltfwd

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost XLT Carbonized Gray
Did you install it? What's the install process like?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up an auto dimming compass mirror from Kia parts. These are dealer install kits made in the USA by Gentex. Gentex is a supplier of these for almost every auto manufacturer. Simple install only requires an ignition switched hot, and a body ground. I think the blue will go with the backlighting on the switches. This ran me $32 shipped. When obsoleted , Kia discounts the hell out of em to sell em off. I think the ones with homelink garage door opener built in were selling for $12. I dont have homelink, so dont need it. I felt this was a great deal. I believe this is a $200 retail mirror. I included kit part number on the box for anybody looking for one of these. Still waiting on my truck. I guess when it gets here I will spend some time modding it with the stuff I have been picking up for it.

20220218_192418.jpg

20220218_192457.jpg

20220218_192302.jpg
Thanks for the tip, Yea homelink would've been nice but you can't beat the price, I'm in Hawaii and just ordered one and with shipping paid $25.00
Sponsored