2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Huzzah, it says it shipped already! Thanks again 🍻
Right on. Note it is the full kit with wire harness, splice connectors, zip ties and more. A lot of it you may not need.

There are some very nice 3M sticky backed thin foam pads in the box I could not figure out what they were intended for (maybe something on a Kia) but I have found some very handy uses for them around the maverick. I lined out the bare spots in the sunglasses holder where Ford did not, and also used them to make my glovebox organizer completely slop (and rattle) free.
Sponsored

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape, 2023 Ford Maverick 2.0 Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered mine last week from KiaAutoParts.com (part# A7062-ADUP1 ) for $12.59 and it arrived quickly.

I also ordered some appropriate Molex connectors from Mouser to make an inline harness with the factory camera, and also wired in a heavy duty 12v to 5v USB converter for a dashcam into the same harness. I don't like tapping into factory wires if I don't have to, and this makes the installation completely reversible if needed.

The mirror is awesome, works perfectly and looks like it came from the factory. I wired both power wires for the mirror to the ignition (key on) line for the factory camera, because I don't use Homelink and even if I did I would not mind it only working with the key on.

I use the Vantrue E1 2.5k dashcam in several cars and I love the small size and excellent image quality.

IMG_9288R.jpg

3155DF75-9A13-4FD5-BA5B-D01A46473DC0.jpeg

IMG_9299.JPG

IMG_9294.JPG
Do you happen to have the part numbers for the connectors?? Thanks!

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is an incredible deal for $22 shipped. It really seems almost too good to be true. After I ordered I noticed a banner at the top of the page that said you must enter a VIN or products won't ship. I didn't provide any VIN when I ordered so we'll see if it ships.
Got it!
Ford Maverick Auto-Dimming Mirror installed C1A480B0-4B2C-464A-945D-9215B27DEE2A

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a shipping confirmation today for my order so it looks like I'll be getting mine too. Does it have the compass? It doesn't look like it does from the picture. I don't really care if it doesn't have the compass, I was just curious because the description on the webpage says it's a Homelink mirror with compass.

Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is an incredible deal for $22 shipped. It really seems almost too good to be true.
I hear you! Honestly just the hardware bits that come with mirror could arguably be worth the $13 price. I don't know why they are selling these so cheap, clearly something went wrong in the Kia spare parts supply chain that resulted in a metric crapton of excess inventory. Whatever happened, we are now the beneficiaries.

I got a shipping confirmation today for my order so it looks like I'll be getting mine too. Does it have the compass? It doesn't look like it does from the picture. I don't really care if it doesn't have the compass, I was just curious because the description on the webpage says it's a Homelink mirror with compass.

Mine had the compass that seems to work perfectly. You cannot see it until it is powered up.

Also I did not have to enter a VIN when I ordered

Last edited:

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you happen to have the part numbers for the connectors?? Thanks!
34824-0124 (you need one)
34825-0124 (you need one)
560023-0423 (you need six, but order about 20 in case you need to re-do any - you might flub a crimp or apply too much solder etc and have to redo)

I would order two of the connectors each and 20-30 of the terminals. These parts are cheap and ordering extras does not change the shipping price. Worse case you can make a harness for a friend.

I already had a special Molex terminal crimp tool that surprisingly would handle these small connectors, but I still hit them with a dab of solder. If you don't have a crimp tool it will be fine

For the wires needed to make the pass through, I found that the long power wire harness that came with the mirror had the perfect wire for these terminals! The insulation on this wire was also perfect and allowed full insertion of the terminals into the connector, with insulation right up to the terminal, where other wire I was trying had too large insulation. I have also seen pics of other folk's harnesses who could not get the wire into the connector properly (ie, with insulation going into the connector) and had to just cut the insulation back farther so it would not interfere with insertion. This works but is not optimal.

The power harness that comes with the mirror is so long and you will not need much of it, so there is *plenty* of extra wire there to make your pass through connector.

Last edited:

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

560023-0423 (you need six, but order about 20 in case you need to re-do any - you might flub a crimp or apply too much solder etc and have to redo)

I would order two of the connectors each and 20-30 of the terminals. These parts are cheap and ordering extras does not change the shipping price. Worse case you can make a harness for a friend.

I already had a special Molex terminal crimp tool that surprisingly would handle these small connectors, but I still hit them with a dab of solder. If you don't have a crimp tool it will be fine

For the wires to make the pass through, I found that the long power wire harness that came with the mirror had the perfect wire for these terminals! The insulation on this wire was also perfect and allowed full insertion of the terminals into the connector, with insulation right up to the terminal, where other wire I was trying had too large insulation. I have also seen pics of other folk's harnesses who could not get the wire into the connector properly (ie, with insulation going into the connector) and had to just cut the insulation back farther so it would not interfere with insertion. This works but is not optimal.

The power harness that comes with the mirror is so long and you will not need much of it, so there is *plenty* of extra wire there to make your pass through connector.
Thanks for the info!!!! I've tried to get part numbers from Ford even buying a 72hr subscription from Motorcraft service just to try and find part numbers with no luck. After the 2nd try I've got a mirror on its way and my new Mav should be here in a few weeks. As a low voltage/IT pro I'd like to make up some of these harnesses for other Maverick owners out there as well as other common spots for common add ons. Once I try this out and test it, I'd like to make more. SO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD, I'd like to build some of these plug and play harnesses for all of you for a couple of bucks plus shipping, (just to cover costs as a hobby). So Stay tuned.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait, we need these additional parts to install the mirror?

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered that rear view mirror from Kia. Supposed to arrive next week. 40 years ago I would have tried to install it myself, but now I leave that to people who know what they are doing. I'll probably also buy one of those Thinkware dash cameras too and take it to a car audio shop and have them install both.

Sponsored

mikeakasully

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No, you can just splice into the power wires as a dirty way to do it, but using these connectors you can build a harness with no splice connectors, taping, or soildering wires from the mirror wires to the power wires in the truck.

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As noted by the previous poster, you will not need these or any extra parts. These just allow for a cleaner installation that preserves the original wiring without splicing or tapping them, and also makes it easier & cleaner to add something else like a USB power supply for a dashcam. With an inline harness the install is completely reversible like nothing ever happened, should you ever have to remove it for any reason.

However these connectors are for wiring to the front collision cam, which only provides power when the key is on. Some people may want to wire to the dome light instead for constant power to the homelink so they may not be for everybody anyway...

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the info!!!! I've tried to get part numbers from Ford even buying a 72hr subscription from Motorcraft service just to try and find part numbers with no luck. After the 2nd try I've got a mirror on its way and my new Mav should be here in a few weeks. As a low voltage/IT pro I'd like to make up some of these harnesses for other Maverick owners out there as well as other common spots for common add ons. Once I try this out and test it, I'd like to make more. SO ANYONE READING THIS THREAD, I'd like to build some of these plug and play harnesses for all of you for a couple of bucks plus shipping, (just to cover costs as a hobby). So Stay tuned.
I just might be interested in this … So keep us posted.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Here is a post I did, on when I figured out the connectors. Also more details on what I did and how it came out.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cheap-auto-dimming-homelink-mirror.8346/post-360643

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered one on Saturday and just got a shipping confirmation today.​
Sponsored