Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I unscrewed it 👍
So you're saying you used the stock arm and just unscrewed the mirror and screwed the new one back into the stock arm?
Sponsored

LelandJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey thanks for posting this! I was hesitant to pull the trigger on buying one until I could make sure it worked.

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

35F53D3C-85A6-46E2-8EEE-F2E79DB27B9E.jpeg

6E3AFCDA-1464-4521-BA63-80900E659A97.jpeg

BAA5F0D0-50A3-4852-9B50-7706FECF9D8F.jpeg
Hey, thanks for the detail on installation. How does the size compare to the stock mirror? Also, how about running the wire down to the box? Did you just stuff it along the windshield and down through the back of the dash? How tough was that?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Model number or purchase link if possible
Here's the original post that kicked this off. It seems people are having trouble finding one that is *actually* in stock. Some of the vendors seem to be showing stock but canceling orders after a few days saying there is no stock (mine was canceled, I'll try again some other time). So you may have to do a bit of trial and error finding a real source for it.

Kia (2T062-ADU01)

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cheap-auto-dimming-homelink-mirror.8346/

https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01

https://www.mykiaparts.com/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here's the original post that kicked this off. It seems people are having trouble finding one that is *actually* in stock. Some of the vendors seem to be showing stock but canceling orders after a few days saying there is no stock (mine was canceled, I'll try again some other time). So you may have to do a bit of trial and error finding a real source for it.

Kia (2T062-ADU01)

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/cheap-auto-dimming-homelink-mirror.8346/

https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01

https://www.mykiaparts.com/oem-parts/kia-auto-dimming-mirror-with-homelink-and-compass-2t062adu01
No this is not the Kia mirror. This was purchased prior to finding that one.

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey, thanks for the detail on installation. How does the size compare to the stock mirror? Also, how about running the wire down to the box? Did you just stuff it along the windshield and down through the back of the dash? How tough was that?
It’s slightly taller but not by much. Yes just tucked it above the headliner. And had to remove the a pillar trim and the side dash panel. Not terrible to do just have to be careful with the cheap plastic clips. They break easily.

OP
OP
Chandonnet

Chandonnet

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you're saying you used the stock arm and just unscrewed the mirror and screwed the new one back into the stock arm?
No the arm stays with the mirror. Loosen screw. Slide off old mirror, slide on new one, tighten.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After the Kia Kancellation :)O), I hit up ebay. After poking around, found one with HL and Compass, and the compass in orange isntead of green (used $36). I think that fits better with the desert brown interior.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just about any gentex mirror will work, they are all pretty universal, And all work pretty much the same. Some just have additional features like the compass (hidden and not hidden) and some do not.
And some can hook to rear view cameras and/or two cameras one for drivers side rear and one for passengers rear with simultaneous side by side displays for blind spot viewing.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just finished up installing my auto-dimming mirror. Unfortunately I jumped the gun and ordered mine used off eBay a few days before someone found the cheap Kia mirror online but oh well. Was just under $60 shipped. Has auto dim, homelink, and a hidden compass as a bonus.

For power I ran 3 wires from the mirror down to the fuse box in the passenger footwell. For switched power I tapped into the #3 slot, and for constant I tapped into the #20 slot. For the ground I just used a ring terminal and put it on the bolt holding down the fuse panel.

I personally wanted my homelink to be on a constant circuit. I know some say someone can break into your car and open your garage but I park in the garage when Im home anyways. If you want to you can wire both of them to circuit 3 and only need to use one fuse tap.

Homelink is programmed and works perfectly as does the auto dimming feature. Just need to calibrate the compass and all will be good to go.

To cool for school,So the $20.00 dollar mirror ended up at $60.00! Still a great deal. Thanks for the pics

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ecoboost or Hybrid?

Deleted member 9167

What was the wiring like that came out of the mirror and did you supply your own wire from the mirror to fuse panel?
Sponsored