Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I think it's because the 2.0 and transmission is used in there other models so have parts available.
Piss poor planning if you ask me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Granger Ford only 5 retail spots for the next month? How many retail orders do you have that are still unscheduled at the moment? Trying to see how far back I'll be if I order soon, thinking I might be pretty late.

Thanks,
I'm not sure on the exact count. I believe this month the allocations were a little less than expected for 2 reasons. 1st, a little shorter production run and on initial run the production is still ramping up. 2nd, the timing of our orders, they take a snapshot of dealers orders in the system that are approved and a lot of our orders were approved after the date the snapshot was taken. So we'll most likely receive a much bigger allocation number the following month.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it's only 5 total and only 60% can be retail per the original post, that would mean they can only get ~3 retail orders allotted per month? I thought orders before mid-July were not counting towards dealer allotment? Maybe Ford has changed that.

I wanted to go with Granger because they're only a few hours north, but if they've got 30+ retail orders in the pipeline and can only get a few in per month, I may be better to find somewhere local with less orders if I want to order one this year. Maybe I'll have to wait and see what stock orders start popping up but I think they'll be too basic for me.

See post above.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just heard from my dealer. 6 out of 60 orders scheduled so far. I ordered in August, so I've got a long wait ahead...

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I'm not sure on the exact count. I believe this month the allocations were a little less than expected for 2 reasons. 1st, a little shorter production run and on initial run the production is still ramping up. 2nd, the timing of our orders, they take a snapshot of dealers orders in the system that are approved and a lot of our orders were approved after the date the snapshot was taken. So we'll most likely receive a much bigger allocation number the following month.
Personally, I applaud and highly appreciate your transparency

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Booo, Hissss. I know what you've said and believe it. I just don't understand why the option engine is being built 2:1 over the base Hybrid model especially if there are potentially more orders for the base Hybrid. But what do I know? I guess the optional engine pays better dividends.
It really looks like an honest straight up underestimated mistake to me. I'm getting the turbo myself, I just love having a vehicle that is fun to drive. But most people just want a practical vehicle that isn't going to break the bank. The maverick hits that mark.

Heck the hybrid tempted me too, if there were AWD I would have gone hybrid for sure.

New vehicle prices are no longer affordable for the average American. The xl and xlt hybrids out a new vehicle in the sights of those looking for an affordable option. I think if ford didn't bitch things it is going to be hugely successful. It is theirs to win or lose at this point.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
It really looks like an honest straight up underestimated mistake to me. I'm getting the turbo myself, I just love having a vehicle that is fun to drive. But most people just want a practical vehicle that isn't going to break the bank. The maverick hits that mark.

Heck the hybrid tempted me too, if there were AWD I would have gone hybrid for sure.

New vehicle prices are no longer affordable for the average American. The xl and xlt hybrids out a new vehicle in the sights of those looking for an affordable option. I think if ford didn't bitch things it is going to be hugely successful. It is theirs to win or lose at this point.
Ford stocks unfortunately have fallen, others will fill in gaps, but it certainly up to Ford to set the tone and define the space by being there before others can bring something to market.

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ORDER one. When it arrives, take it for a spin. Don't like it, WALK AWAY. Like it, IT'S YOUR'S. The truck you wanted with everything on it, NOT what the dealer wanted you to have. What can it hurt? The deposit is refundable if you don't take it. The dealer could care less because if you walk away, he has a Hybrid on his lot to mark-up and sell for more.
What I find odd is that no one has mentioned the private sale if you don’t like it. With the current demand, if you get one anf don’t like it, why not just keep it and sell it privately at your own markup and pocket the profit?

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What I find odd is that no one has mentioned the private sale if you don’t like it. With the current demand, if you get one anf don’t like it, why not just keep it and sell it privately at your own markup and pocket the profit?
You could do that for sure. That is a great idea.

vengo97

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I doubt you could mark it up as a "used" truck once you've taken possession. I wouldn't pay a mark up over new from a private seller.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt you could mark it up as a "used" truck once you've taken possession. I wouldn't pay a mark up over new from a private seller.
See what the local dealer is selling and undercut him by a thousand.

In my case I have $3,699 wiggle room from what they were going to sell it to me for. I can jack it up $1,500 and make money.

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
depends on how much you want the truck right now. Plus it would still carry the factory warranty.

1-2 year old used trucks are going for more than new right now.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See what the local dealer is selling and undercut him by a thousand.

In my case I have $3,699 wiggle room from what they were going to sell it to me for. I can jack it up $1,500 and make money.
Damn that's not a bad idea! Order another one and turn around and sell it! Cha-ching!! :)
Sponsored