First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats, not too sure why dealers are asking for a deposit, did they take an of your driver's license?
Yeah, they wanted a $500 refundable deposit and took a copy of my DL. It varies on the dealership, some want not deposit or $100, and others want $1000. I'm ok with it being in the middle, as long as it is refundable, then I'm ok with it.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have officially done it now. I have placed a deposit down on a new 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid with Luxury package in Cactus Gray. I ordered it at SanTan Ford and was informed that the estimated timeframe for delivery is going to be either late Feb or sometime in March. I also found out that the XL Ecoboost AWD one they had was already sold, so I guess I'll just have to wait for one of the auto shows to test drive one.

(FYI: I'm not in a rush to receive it due to working from home at this time so the timeframe doesn't bother me one bit.)
Glad to hear you've joined the Maverick world!! Out of curiosity are you getting MSRP or did the dealer slip in some mark-up? The XL I test drove here in Tucson had a $3k mark-up!!

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear you've joined the Maverick world!! Out of curiosity are you getting MSRP or did the dealer slip in some mark-up? The XL I test drove here in Tucson had a $3k mark-up!!
I'm getting MSRP at this point on the order, I do think there may be some negotiating when it is delivered, but my dealership stated that they will not do a markup on a factory order. The Maverick they had on the lot sold within 48 hours for $3k over MSRP.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm getting MSRP at this point on the order, I do think there may be some negotiating when it is delivered, but my dealership stated that they will not do a markup on a factory order. The Maverick they had on the lot sold within 48 hours for $3k over MSRP.
That's good to hear that they won't markup your order!! The XL that's here in Tucson is marked up $3k too.

Sponsored

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received an email from San Tan Ford that they received a few dealer demo Mavericks in stock yesterday. I went today to do a test drive and there were two XLs and one XLT. They were all Ecoboost models, but only one was AWD. I test drove the XLT due to it being equipped very close to what I ordered and I really liked the way it drove. The visibility was great and the seating position was nice. It was FWD and it quite quick although, I'm not really concerned about performance. The steering felt very solid and weighted nicely.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received an email from San Tan Ford that they received a few dealer demo Mavericks in stock yesterday. I went today to do a test drive and there were two XLs and one XLT. They were all Ecoboost models, but only one was AWD. I test drove the XLT due to it being equipped very close to what I ordered and I really liked the way it drove. The visibility was great and the seating position was nice. It was FWD and it quite quick although, I'm not really concerned about performance. The steering felt very solid and weighted nicely.
I'm waiting for the Jim Click or Homes Tuttle to get an XLT model so I can see what the interior looks like in real life! I've seen XL, Lariat and got to drive the XL so I'm happy with the handling and the ride. Of course the real Unicorn is getting to drive a hybrid!!

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still ...... crickets on my Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux ordered from Peoria Ford on 8/7 .......
I'm thinking April hehe
Sure glad I don't NEED it or I'd be shopping the used market before year end.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Still ...... crickets on my Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux ordered from Peoria Ford on 8/7 .......
I'm thinking April hehe
Sure glad I don't NEED it or I'd be shopping the used market before year end.
SInce the Hybrids won't be released until 12-8 you won't hear anything, and trust me the dealers aren't going to tell you the truth. I would assume I won't get mine until Dec or Jan.

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have officially done it now. I have placed a deposit down on a new 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid with Luxury package in Cactus Gray. I ordered it at SanTan Ford and was informed that the estimated timeframe for delivery is going to be either late Feb or sometime in March. I also found out that the XL Ecoboost AWD one they had was already sold, so I guess I'll just have to wait for one of the auto shows to test drive one.

(FYI: I'm not in a rush to receive it due to working from home at this time so the timeframe doesn't bother me one bit.)
I'm curious to find out when you get your build date, as I ordered an XLT Hybrid from the same dealer 10/12. Let me know when you hear anything!

Sponsored

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious to find out when you get your build date, as I ordered an XLT Hybrid from the same dealer 10/12. Let me know when you hear anything!
I ordered from San Tan Aug 6th. Received the confirmation that day, but not received build date. I'm guessing I'll receive it in Jan/Feb... As many here, no rush, 2015 Prius is still running great... Just have to put off the larger outdoor projects.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered from San Tan Aug 6th. Received the confirmation that day, but not received build date. I'm guessing I'll receive it in Jan/Feb... As many here, no rush, 2015 Prius is still running great... Just have to put off the larger outdoor projects.
To clarify..... receive Maverick in Jan/Feb not build date....

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To clarify..... receive Maverick in Jan/Feb not build date....
I also received a confirmation email within the first 24-48 hours. The manager that entered my order on 09-29 told me that they were pushed from Jan-Feb to Feb-Mar. Then again, I'm now expecting it to be delivered sometime in March to be honest.

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell ya what, if taxes and cost of living / product availability go nuts as I hear it will, I'll be keeping my Fusion Hybrid and just suck it up.
Another trigger would be if Ford / Dearler decide they want a dime more for my Mav Lariat.
Nope .... nope

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Heads up for any of you looking for an XL 2.0...
Got a call from Chapman (Scottsdale) today saying they have one available in Velocity blue with 4k tow package and a couple other add-ons. I think my dealer totally forgets what I reserved or that I even have a reservation, but nonetheless he did call me up to let me know this was in. I told him thanks but gonna hold out for the Hybrid FE I ordered.

Pretty sure this is the window sticker for what he was talking about.

Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk Capture.JPG
y
Sponsored