First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good to know that Apple thought of that aspect. The article didn't go into how the lady figured out the air tag was there other saying her friend spotted it. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just read an article about a dark-side use of those Apple Air Tag. A person stuck one on a lady's car to track her movements!!
My wife will shoot them

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good to know that Apple thought of that aspect. The article didn't go into how the lady figured out the air tag was there other saying her friend spotted it. Thanks for the info.
My pleasure brother]

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just out of curiosity I looked at Chapman's website just now and saw this:

Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk 1632437227915

At least the Lariats aren't FE/carbonized grey. I'd be rather disgruntled if they were trying to scalp my build!

AZMAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatchback
Larry H Miller in Mesa has a demo XL you can check out. Supposedly they will have that on the lot to check out for awhile. Bare bones AWD model.

Sat in it and it felt bigger than I would have thought. The backseat feels good too. I didn't test drive because I want a hybrid.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

1632437227915.png

At least the Lariats aren't FE/carbonized grey. I'd be rather disgruntled if they were trying to scalp my build!
I wonder how they have gotten VINs on the hybrids? I thought that all hybrid builds were supposed to be for retail and not stock. I only looked the XLT models and they all state "rail" which I'm guessing they're built and being shipped by rail or maybe to be shipped by rail.
If this information is all true, then I'm disappointed in Ford for building stock models before retail reservations. I think I might make a few phone calls to express my displeasure if I can confirm that these Mavericks are built and being shipped.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Larry H Miller in Mesa has a demo XL you can check out. Supposedly they will have that on the lot to check out for awhile. Bare bones AWD model.

Sat in it and it felt bigger than I would have thought. The backseat feels good too. I didn't test drive because I want a hybrid.
If you wanted to test drive it would they have let you?

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm heading that way !!

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have two places….
Just called San Tan Ford… asked if “they had a Maverick on lot to look at, or do I need to go to Larry Miller” after a few minutes on hold told the have one for show and one for sale….

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

1632437227915.png

I can answer this, these are all customer orders that are due in, Chapman, as well as other dealers, do this to make it look like they have some inventory, it's a way to get people to come into the dealer so they can either order a Maverick or upsell them to a Ranger that is in stock. I've ordered plenty of BMW's from Chapman BMW and saw one of the icons on a model I ordered, clicked on and it my car (same VIN) and wrote my SA (sales associate) and got that answer.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder how they have gotten VINs on the hybrids? I thought that all hybrid builds were supposed to be for retail and not stock. I only looked the XLT models and they all state "rail" which I'm guessing they're built and being shipped by rail or maybe to be shipped by rail.
If this information is all true, then I'm disappointed in Ford for building stock models before retail reservations. I think I might make a few phone calls to express my displeasure if I can confirm that these Mavericks are built and being shipped.
They are retail its just a way to get people into the dealership....

D Janke

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat !
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm heading that way !!
Woop! There it is! I got to see / feel / sit in my first Maverick XL base model. Could have driven it, but all I did was fire it up to see the instrument cluster.
Ample room for my 5'10" 200 lb body, both front and rear. Tons of storage room for things that my wife would collect, I however am a minimalist.
Anyway, it's a confirmed keeper, all systems go!

Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk Mav XL 1
Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk Mav XL 2
Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk Mav XL 3
Ford Maverick ARIZONA - Dealer Talk Mav XL 4

KKL

First Name
karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger xlt
None of those are mine, but I now know to check their site regularly.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can answer this, these are all customer orders that are due in, Chapman, as well as other dealers, do this to make it look like they have some inventory, it's a way to get people to come into the dealer so they can either order a Maverick or upsell them to a Ranger that is in stock. I've ordered plenty of BMW's from Chapman BMW and saw one of the icons on a model I ordered, clicked on and it my car (same VIN) and wrote my SA (sales associate) and got that answer.
That sounds damn close to being shady!! :cautious: :cautious:
Sponsored