odinala

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 2019 VW Golf R
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Donā€™t like the dial at all! So far thatā€™s the only thing I donā€™t like about my Lariat after two weeks of ownership.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At first it was ā€œnot reallyā€. After 6k miles, Iā€™m ok with it.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it more the more I use it. Especially coming from a Focus where the shifter would block the storage tray (and my phone) when in Park. The dial never gets in my way, and with PRND, itā€™s at least as intuitive as the traditional designs.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my Mav three days ago (separate post coming..) ......already fine with the dial. Seems easy & intuitive, tho a bit unattractive. I was used to push buttons in the Pilot & RDX, so I do like the dial better than the buttons, but prefer the chunky console shifter from my F150. Overall, it's a good application for the Mav, IMO.

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wasnā€™t a fan but itā€™s grown on me over the 3 months Iā€™ve had itā€¦. I simply donā€™t care enough to try to change it out. The one issue Iā€™ve had is sometimes Iā€™ll take my foot off the brake thinking Iā€™m in reverse and I start to move forward (not the trucks fault, my brain doing the no-look shift and wanting to go all the way to drive)
I really like that when you turn off the truck it automatically shifts to park with out moving the dial.

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not in love with it, but its more about muscle memory. (20 years of manuals and console shifters.) It will become less obnoxious over time.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 5 months I still don't like it even though I'm used to it. What the Maverick really needs are paddle shifters or some other way to downshift other than the useless L button on the dial. Trying to reach down and find that button while driving is a joke.
Just think of the possibilities for a dial shifter designed with say 75-100 click positions. A dash "wheel of fortune" could display any number of selections. Maybe slippery low awd = position 72?.. my nephew would prefer a "one hand rubic cube" shifter?

Sponsored

Clayspace273

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call me an innovator I just like things the way I like. not that you are wrong you are 100% in the wright, but just looking at it bothers me. I'm so used to having my hand on the shifter.
I also like to rest my right hand on the shifter while drive. Just too low to be a palm rest. Any other options or elevation after markets youā€™ve found?

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i would like to ask all, does anyone like the diel shift. i personally do not like it. so I am on a mission to see if there is a way to put a hand held shift like an f150. does anyone agree. thank you
Not a big enough of a deal to complain about. It does make it easier for your girlfriend to slide over and sit on your lap.

Saltwater Cowboys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 1500, 23 CG XTL Lux, 24 SB Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not a big enough of a deal to complain about. It does make it easier for your girlfriend to slide over and sit on your lap.
Or lean over into your lap.

Nice zombie thread, btw! Best reason I've heard yet for the dial shifter! Having no girlfriend at the moment, I don't care what the shifter looks like as long as it works.

Clayspace273

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid