Sponsored

Any Mavericks on the train that derailed in Ohio ?

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Contacted Ford this a
.m. My Mav is on a train that recently left Madison IL. - which is where the doomed train departed from. No idea if it was on the derailed train. I only saw one news report that said that autos were included in the freight. Given the fact that it has taken 15 months to get built, I would not be surprised if my Mav is now crispy critter.
Oh i hope not
Sponsored

Bamajim

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500. Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If any consolation, if your Maverick was damaged or lost in this derailment, it will be the first thing Ford schedules. Damaged replacements are at the very top of their priority list. Could even end up with that mysterious Priority 1.

But I couldn't see in autoracks in the images I saw. Unfortunately, most were by drone and very far away.
Man commadore, you are always full of info. Keep it up

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
locate your Maverick here

Ford Maverick Any Mavericks on the train that derailed in Ohio ? train-derailment

Sponsored

OP
OP
capecruiser

capecruiser

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger lariat, 1931 Ford , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My last tracking shows it in Champain, Ill and hasnt updated for 7 days. It shipped on 1/27 headed for Wilmington De. Doesn't sound too good to me.

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last tracking shows it in Champain, Ill and hasnt updated for 7 days. It shipped on 1/27 headed for Wilmington De. Doesn't sound too good to me.
Same here. Shipped 1/25 headed to NJ. Last updated 2/2. Customer service said Madison IL the last couple Fridays I checked....

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry fellows. Saw this posted over on reddit. May or not be true. I will try to find out more. Reddit poster says ford Mavericks were on train in Ohio.
That sucks.

OP
OP
capecruiser

capecruiser

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger lariat, 1931 Ford , 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer thinks that trains are held up in that area. He doesnt think mine made it to Ohio yet. We will see? Good luck getting yours Mike. I lived in NJ for 51 years and my boss lives in your town of Belmar. I worked in Bellmar south jersey.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If any consolation, if your Maverick was damaged or lost in this derailment, it will be the first thing Ford schedules. Damaged replacements are at the very top of their priority list. Could even end up with that mysterious Priority 1.
Hilarious - Didn't Ford that say the same thing about rollover orders which we know some folks are still waiting from last year while seeing someone that ordered the last day of the window getting delivered THE SAME truck ? It is a nice thought that they would do that however .......

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hilarious - Didn't Ford that say the same thing about rollover orders which we know some folks are still waiting from last year while seeing someone that ordered the last day of the window getting delivered THE SAME truck ? It is a nice thought that they would do that however .......
I think the cancelled VINs are still subject to dealer allocations, annoyingly.

If I recall correctly, building a replacement for these vehicles won't actually look at allocations because those allocations were technically freed up by the train derailment. So, it's a 1-to-1 swap, which makes it easier to schedule.

What is more likely to happen is an already scheduled truck gets bumps back a couple weeks to make room for these replacement orders.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the cancelled VINs are still subject to dealer allocations, annoyingly.

If I recall correctly, building a replacement for these vehicles won't actually look at allocations because those allocations were technically freed up by the train derailment. So, it's a 1-to-1 swap, which makes it easier to schedule.

What is more likely to happen is an already scheduled truck gets bumps back a couple weeks to make room for these replacement orders.
You would think Ford would do that however I have little faith.

JerseyMike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer thinks that trains are held up in that area. He doesnt think mine made it to Ohio yet. We will see? Good luck getting yours Mike. I lived in NJ for 51 years and my boss lives in your town of Belmar. I worked in Bellmar south jersey.
Thank you!! I was hoping mine was stuck in IL, as opposed to on that train. But my dealer called today and said it made it to Jersey! As of Saturday it was between Allentown and Newark. Should be ready next Saturday. Then home to Belmar. Love it here! And I like Bellmawr too, though it can get confusing sometimes....lol

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw someone post on Facebook a few days ago some pictures of the derailment and you could clearly see some burnt up Mavericks in there.