First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a Catholic , no because he disregards tradition to appease a modern society and is involved in politics, but in regards to the original post, I'm also a fat 2015 equinox driver who fits equally well in the maverick.
I hope no one took my joke as fat shaming. I am overweight myself. I imagine the biggest issue with fitting in the Maverick is height, not weight.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 6'5 285 I fit alright. I wish it was like 2 inches wider, and that they didn't put the start button down so low.
Anybody check out diy rotary and start button move to dash CUBBY?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As a Catholic , no because he disregards tradition to appease a modern society and is involved in politics, but in regards to the original post, I'm also a fat 2015 equinox driver who fits equally well in the maverick.
Bring back the Inquisition. Organized religion is nothing but a "MoneyGrab" IMO YMMV

BTW I am 5'11" 235 lb. I fit fine with excellent head and shoulder room. Also plenty of room for arms without banging into the door frame. I never feel cramped.

Last edited:

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought that the Pope is infallible. Must be you then, unless you want to have it both ways: "the Pope is infallible as long as I agree with him."

Don't mind me. I'm just an Atheist who couldn't help but stir up some shit here.
I'm just laughing at the idea that the Pope, any Pope at all, is or was non-political.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 6'1" and unfortunately currently tipping the scale at 300. I find the Maverick very comfortable.

Sponsored

Socalrob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati V4S Multistrada, MotoGuzzi VIII, BMW GS Adv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bring back the Inquisition. Organized religion is nothing but a "MoneyGrab" IMO YMMV

BTW I am 5'11" 235 lb. I fit fine with excellent head and shoulder room. Also plenty of room for arms without banging into the door frame. I never feel cramped.
Bet that BMW is a sweet bike.

I was 5’11” 235lbs a couple of years ago when I had a killer (literally, they had to jump start me 3 times) heart attack. Lost some heart function, so can’t eat much sodium, means no bread, cheese, processed meats, so dropped 60ish lbs. Death is a great motivater.

All you husky folks, I highly recommend some preventative heart checks. Wish I had one.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am waiting for this thread to devolve into diet tips. I am 6' and 230. Waist is 42. So you see I am fat not just big. Over the last few years I've lot 40 lbs. But gained back 45. The Mav is only the second vehicle I've bought that I would get another one.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was 5’11” 235lbs a couple of years ago when I had a killer (literally, they had to jump start me 3 times) heart attack. Lost some heart function, so can’t eat much sodium, means no bread, cheese, processed meats, so dropped 60ish lbs. Death is a great motivater.

All you husky folks, I highly recommend some preventative heart checks. Wish I had one.
EKG and eco are basically fine. Doc accused me of having a shill do the last stress test in my place. Fighting BP battle. Old guy on a water pill. My best friend's name is John.

Barksdale123

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I thought that the Pope is infallible. Must be you then, unless you want to have it both ways: "the Pope is infallible as long as I agree with him."

Don't mind me. I'm just an Atheist who couldn't help but stir up some shit here.
Probably best not to steer this into a religious discussion. Besides in a 100 years well all know who's right.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We won't mind you at all.... We're here to discuss Mavericks; in this thread in particular whether they are comfortable for people of size.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That's what I always tell people about poverty. When I was poor, like proper most of the day and part of the night on the street poor. I was in such good shape. My arms were cut and I also had what looked like could have been abdominal muscles. 6ft 175 ain't too bad when ya got a lil muscle in there. Now at 305(not my highest) I'm a big guy. But I still move hard and fast when I can ignore the pain.

Anyways I wanted to chime back in because I don't believe I have seen this thread since I got my Maverick or rode in a Equinox. I fit in the Mav just fine, all the room I need and tons of leg room. It's like a cavern down there. The rear seat is a bit small and upright for me but doable. The equinox for me is a lot tighters. Somehow the interior center console, door panels, and dash seem to take up alot more of the cabin space. Of course it's also nicer material so you don't wanna touch it and mess it up. That's just what I observed. Aside from my body height and weight i also have a long torso and wide hips.
Sponsored