First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
54, Moving from a full size Silverado, do not feel the need for a full size truck, ordered a XLT, 4K, FX4, XLT Lux Package.
Sponsored

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
Pretty sure I'm *almost* their direct target. I'm 31, live in a city and do some decent travelling, work in tech. Never had a truck because I didn't want to deal with the horrible gas mileage, but always wanted a truck because I'm 6'6. I bought a Veloster in October of last year, and then when I heard about the Maverick in June I was completely invested and placed my order. Excited for the quality of life upgrade with the XLT, and beside myself about the price/hybrid range.

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I see two demographics reporting here. The Ford targeted young, non-truck group. And us geezers who remember the versatility of the compact truck. A couple of months after buying my first house I bought a Isuzu. A great commuter plus enough of a work truck to do all that new house stuff. I've been waiting a couple of decade's for this.

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
I see two demographics reporting here. The Ford targeted young, non-truck group. And us geezers who remember the versatility of the compact truck. A couple of months after buying my first house I bought a Isuzu. A great commuter plus enough of a work truck to do all that new house stuff. I've been waiting a couple of decade's for this.
My first two cars were Rodeos. 97/98. Part of me always wanted another 97 but it just isn't nearly efficient enough for what I do now.

Maybe in time, haha.

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 69 and have owned full size trucks in the past and currently drive a Ridgeline. Been hoping for a more capable uni body truck and Ford has done it! Better off-road capabilities, colors, features and possible third party options.

Sponsored

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
PapaNer, these little trucks are just so damn versatile. Put a cover over the bed and you will be astonished at the mileage.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am 62 and this will be my 1st pickup. I have been using inside of my SUVs to haul things to the dump, getting lumber/supplies from home improvement stores, moving rental equipment, etc. A small pickup is made for these types uses, not a SUV!
Yes. I have seen folks with SUVs at the compost dump, vigorously trying to clean everything out of the back cargo compartment-including little critters. Some things are just meant for a truck!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Targeting is interesting. Way back when, when they first introduced the Miata it was targeted to women. More men bought them and younger guys that wanted to mod them. For Ford, they know the older people will buy them cash. What they really want with the low price is younger buyers that will buy on credit. The interest boosts their bottom line.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a Honda Element which I loved. Honda though it was going to be a hip vehicle that kids would buy but what they found was us old farts bought them. It was great because you sat upright and it was easy to get in and out of, good for us older folks. The only downside was the toaster got really bad gas mileage, a combination of a square box with no aerodynamics and a underpowered engine. If they only had put in the Accord 6 cylinder.

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
I’m 27 and have driven smaller cars for years, including Miatas for over 5. My first car was actually a 1995 Toyota T100 that my uncle gave me a great deal on, but I had to get rid of it as it got around 18mpg and I needed something more efficient for college at the time. Now that the Maverick is here with fantastic fuel economy, it’s won me over.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I think I’d look at any vehicle type that gets 40mpg, with this utility, and the price point.

A similar sized SUV is easily 30% more expensive.

If I’m wrong let me know...because then I’ll get the SUV 😛

I wonder if the base XL, with no options is a loss leader....it could be Ford is making little to no profit (or even losing money) and this will bring new drivers to Ford to eventually buy more expensive trucks.

Last edited:

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I will be 66 in a couple weeks and will be retiring between October and the end of the year, My XLT with moonroof will be my retirment gift to myself, The timing is working out peferct.

markvzmiller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 228i, 2016 Toyota Prius
I'm 56 and this will be my first truck, Hybrid XLT Area 51. I have been eyeing the GMC Canyon for years but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money for the options I want. The Maverick meets all my needs 1)trips to Home Depot and Lowes for yard items and house projects, hauling stuff to the landfill, and picking up firewood 2)great price 3)excellent gas mileage. My daily driver and current hauler is a Toyota Prius. I fold the seats down and put a tarp in the back and load items, but it is limited and I don't like vacuuming it after a haul of things like mulch. I also have a BMW 228i which is my "need for speed " car. I am really looking forward to having a Maverick.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can assess this, from this one little thing ? What if you later found out his dealer won a Nobel Peace Prize, and also saved you $500 on your car insurance ? :) lol
that would be Jamie from the Progressive commercials 🤑

Farleyman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Chevelle, 66 mustang, 64 nova.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
57 year old here, maverick xl hybrid with a sunroof and trifold cover. Always had the dad cars, its my time for a nice truck at a good price That gets good mpg !
Sponsored