First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
63 y/o and getting Mav XL with 2.0 AWD and a few extras. With outdoor hobbies (horses for her, motorcycles for me, camping for both) and frequent need to haul larger stuff for projects, home & garden, dump runs, etc. we've always had a full size truck with good sized bed and towing capability. We sold our 1989 Chevy 3/4 ton (had it since 1990) and bought a new 2018 Ford F-150. It's a Sport model with no fancy wheels or off road packages to raise it up- but still has step in height too high for our comfort in most cases. Just wanted something newer with warranty we could drive worry free for many years and we added many modern features and capabilities- but not TOO much. You know the electronics are more and more invasive all the time and it's only a matter of time until gov't will be charging us by the mile as well as driving habits, etc. so we got a vehicle w/o the advanced monitoring and NA V-8 while we still could.

My 2013 Jeep GC is a keeper until it won't run anymore or ICE engines banned (only has 53k on it) and wife's 2014 Outback is same thing, but I still have tons of uses for a small pickup with lower step in height and all weather capabilities as we live in CO and weather is weird. My Maverick will be the Daily Driver as well as budget trip vehicle and able to pull my 2000lb toybox easily, while we leave the F-150 for the heavy duty stuff. Since licensed to drive in 1974 I've owned 1972 Chevy LUV, 1975 LUV, 1964 Ford Ranchero, 1970 Datsun 1200, 1987 Ranger XL, 1993 Ranger XL, 1973 Ranchero, 2000 Ranger XLT, 2006 Ranger XLT Sport and now it's time to own 1 more smaller truck to finish out the cycle of life :cool:
I am with you at 64, I have an Enduro, ATV and a large trap machine that the Maverick will be a perfect fit for my lifestyle!
Sponsored

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
54 and have a 15 year old that will be driving next year. I was impressed enough with the Bronco Sport on the local showroom that Ford became an option, although I’ve never been a Ford guy. Maverick has good styling, size and enough sportiness that it could be fun. My kid is not as impressed with the Maverick as I am, so I can see a scenario where I pass the 4Runner to him and I keep the Maverick for my daily driver.

Built mine as XLT FX4 under $29k. Dealer says he cannpot place order through Ford yet.

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Built mine as XLT FX4 under $29k. Dealer says he cannpot place order through Ford yet.
Weird. Mine placed it Thursday morning. I got the DORA and confirmation email. Maybe some of the dealers on here can confirm. Good luck. That’s an awesome build.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
69 here and seriously considering an XLT w/ Lux package to replace my aging but trusted '00 Tacoma. My gas bill would drop by half or more. However I also have a Bronco on order - so juggling that decision. I'd like to get them both.

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
56. Sticking with the xl, tow package and simplicity. I have been waiting for this type of "pickup" to come back since the late 70s and living in the midwest. We used to call this type of vehicle a pickup instead of a truck on the farm due to its size. It was the most popular vehicle on the farm for everyone. I see others now referring to it as a pickup. We had all the trucks imaginable but when it came time to go to town or drive out to the farm land everyone fought to drive the pickup. (4 banger Datsun pickup) I usually lost due to only being 14 and could only beat them to the truck in a race but got outmuscled to get into the driver seat by the bigger people. Not anymore now that Maverick is available. It would be full circle if they offered it in a stick or, dare to dream, three on the tree. (Long live the stick!!!)

There will be a large group of nostalgia buyers buying the pickup.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Pushing 68 with a very short stick. If I could get my dearest to go along with it I would trade my Ranger for a Maverick Lariat. But, I pushed her with my order of a new Bronco, and I really don't want to mess that up. :)

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
54, three kids, one college graduate, one about to. a teenager. Two dogs. A cottage up a gravel mountain road that's not plowed in winter, more packed down by 4x4's ATVs and snowmobiles. A small but heavy boat.

So, XLT, Luxury Package, 360, tow package and XF4 off road. Loaded. The skid plate will save my bacon in winter.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I am their target demographic. 30, no kids, and a truck is too big for my needs. I will use the maverick for outdoor stuff, towing a small trailer, and stuff around the house

Jasper6144

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I'm pretty sure that Ford knows that they have a well established market of truck veterans wanting a smaller truck.....So no need to market directly to them, since half to 3/4 of us won't even realize that there's a new truck, until it's seen on the street.

So why not market to the next generation?

For those of you who will be first time truck owners....usually once you go truck, you typically don't go back.

You might come to a point where you see value in having both a car and a truck....but even then a truck will always be a must, and a car, not so much.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those of you who will be first time truck owners....usually once you go truck, you typically don't go back.

You might come to a point where you see value in having both a car and a truck....but even then a truck will always be a must, and a car, not so much.
Funny you say that. I always look at trucks with one person in them and an empty bed and think it’s wasteful, but since we have only had our little car (sold the SUV) I can completely see when this would be useful when you need it. On the other hand, you can also run down to Home Depot and get a truck for $20 as long as you’re not needing it for a long time.

I don’t want to do that, just saying. lol I know I will use the crap out of this truck doing truck things. Really excited to be able to pull a little trailer or load up the bed.

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Late-20s, no kids, living in a very urban area. Sold my Honda sedan a few years ago and have been living car-free since, but I've missed being able to go do things. I won't be commuting to work by car, but I'd like a Maverick to be a weeknight/weekend adventure vehicle for camping/going to bike rides/road trips. I've wanted a pickup for years, but the used prices for anything worth buying has always scared me off. I think this is the perfect middle ground vehicle

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
I feel like I'm the target demographic. I'm 34 and prior to this being announced had previously been looking at either compact/mid-size sedans like the Civic, K-5, Jetta, etc. or Compact SUVs like CR-V, CX-5. I always like the idea of a truck but didn't want to pay $35k plus to get a brand new truck with the options I needed. All of a sudden the Maverick was announced and it feels like it was a new vehicle perfectly geared towards me.

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
I'm not in their stated target market. I'm a late 20's single male. The only car I've ever owned is a 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I love the tacoma, but it's very old and does not do well in any inclement weather.

I'm also way into electric cars, and I want an electric truck. I've been following the Rivian and F-150 lightning, but I couldn't reasonably afford either. When the Mav was announced my path became clear. Buy the hybrid mav, keep it for a couple of years until there's a more affordable full EV truck. Maybe even the mav itself.

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
35, one kid so far, would mostly use this as a gas saving daily driver and 100cc dirt bike hauler. I've never bought even close to a new car before, my current lineup is a 72 super beetle, 02 Explorer, and 03 Marauder, but I'm finally at a point in my career that i can afford one, and Ford is finally making something affordable that's bigger than an egg on wheels lol. Probably waiting till the 2023 model in hopes of hybrid AWD though.
Sponsored