First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Once people who don't hit those segments of buyers (i.e. the general public) see this truck, I think it is going to start to sell even better than the initial orders are showing.
This part is 100% true.
Sponsored

lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
50 here ... first pickup for me.
There is a saying among car makers ... you can sell a young car to an old man but you can't sell an old car to a young man.

Last edited:

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
68, sooo tired of climbing up or climbing out of vehicles PLUSā€¦ itā€™s a great looking truck and fits needs
This spring I just sold 2 cars I needed a ladder to climb out of, Pontiac Fieros, one more to go. My 2010 Honda Insight goes when I get my Maverick. All you do is bend your knees and sit down. Getting out is simply getting your legs out and standing up. The seat is perfect at 28" high.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
53 here. I cant wait. I have a fullsize truck with an 8' bed for hauling stuff. I am buying this to be like an AWD car, with a large trunk that happens to look like a truck.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

71 1/2 years oldā€¦ bought 12 New Toyotaā€™s in last 16 years.. corollas, tacomas, highlanders, Camrys and my favorite Rav4s, both hybrid and gas engines. I ordered everything except FX4 and moonroof on this XLTā€¦. Iā€™m waiting cause Iā€™m getting what I want the way I want it.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
52 here. First truck, first Ford! Have always driven English, German, or Japanese cars.

Wanted this so I could get back to my errant youth and take up camping again with a vengeance. Upon taking delivery of delivery of my new Maverick, I'm packing my stuff and hitting the backroads for the Carolinas. Lived in NC for five years, and I miss it greatly.

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
90 and countingšŸ˜šŸ˜ ordered 7/6/21 re scheduled production 1/24/22. xl full size spare spray in bed liner hybrid floor mats
Love this!!!! Ford should put you in a commercial! 90 and still cruising!

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
52 here. First truck, first Ford! Have always driven English, German, or Japanese cars.

Wanted this so I could get back to my errant youth and take up camping again with a vengeance. Upon taking delivery of delivery of my new Maverick, I'm packing my stuff and hitting the backroads for the Carolinas. Lived in NC for five years, and I miss it greatly.
My first car was and English Hillman. 4cyl stick shift. after that I had MG's. Midget, and a Lotus Europa. I always wanted an MGB-GT though.

Sponsored

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Iā€™m 45, and this will be my second truck. Had a hand-me-down šŸ’© brown sliverado base model that my dad sold me on the cheap. It worked well for mountain biking, but with a bench seat, it only awkwardly seated three and really awkwardly four. Iā€™m now in a Mini Countryman S that I love. After my wife got a hybrid a few years ago, we have been so pleased with it that we just canā€™t go back to a strictly gas engine.

The Mav hybrid just checks all the boxes!

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My first car was and English Hillman. 4cyl stick shift. after that I had MG's. Midget, and a Lotus Europa. I always wanted an MGB-GT though.
With all due respect, Sir, you are a glutton for punishment, with all of those British cars. In 1972, a friend who had a similar litany of Brits (with their standard oil leaks!), was driving a new TR6,
B R green, truly gorgeous! I bought a 240z, drove cross-country and back with him in the Z. When we got home, he was a Japanese car convert, never owned a British car again.
Meanwhile, my Mav is my first US branded vehicle. Havenā€™t had it a week yet, and am quite smitten.
Hope the euphoria lasts a while.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I learned to drive stick shift on a Hillman on a Tabacco farm just outside Enfield Connecticut in 1963ā€¦. Most fun ever, except for sleeping with the sand fleas.šŸ˜. Brought a smile to this old face.

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
40. First truck (if I ever get it). Live in rural OK but never wanted to pay what my buddies do for a tank of gas. Time finally came where money, motivation, and technology align. Was initially going to get a Lightning, but it's bigger than I need and range per charge is a factor here. More gas stations than charging stations where I go. I could get a basic Lightning or a swanky Maverick.
Waiting to see how catastrophic the Lightning rollout is.

Davidod

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
76 and just picked up my Lariat on Saturday .(1-15-22). Iā€™ve owned many S-10ā€™s over time and recently Chevy Colorados. These trucks kept getting bigger and bigger so when I heard about the Maverick I ordered it . (6-19-21).
Ford Maverick Age of targeted Maverick Buyer FD3BEF46-3BAC-4331-A961-6CCC479822A5
Sponsored