First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just contacted ford again and it’s still the same answer. “Sometime” in the second quarter is the answer I get.
I may not have as many gripes as a lot in MTC, I have a good dealership, good salesman, good price, didn’t have to wait 500+ days, but this isn’t the way a car purchase is suppose to be.

Ford has failed many over the past few years and seems like their “new attitude” of quality control and customer satisfaction was just a bullshit slogan for news interviews.

Ford Motor Company needs to get this under control, this is a problem across their entire fleet.
They know it, the manager in charge of the department was fired for their QC. One reason I bought an extended warranty...
Sponsored

Jguido1987

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They know it, the manager in charge of the department was fired for their QC. One reason I bought an extended warranty...
that is what is wrong. You feel the need to buy an extended warranty not bc you are going to go to “extend” the limits of the vehicle’s capabilities, but bc you doubt the value of what you are buying.

Ford shouldn’t advertise the vehicle at their $20k mark. It should be advertised with the cost of an extended warranty included.
A working vehicle shouldn’t be considered an upgrade or an add on.

MavChris

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wanted a trailer hitch added to my base XLT when I ordered in Jan of 2022. My salesman took that option off my order due to me having a better chance of getting my Maverick. I took delivery last January without trailer hitch. I wasn't too happy at first, but now I'm grateful...lol. My truck was built on Nov 22 so maybe it would have not been involved, close call none the less.

Aerohead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In my case, this was not a problem with the brake controller. As the notice indicates, and I experienced, the problem was with the trailer tailight (running light) circuit. The brake lights and turns signals worked fine.

It will be interesting to see if this is just a 4K problem, or even those with 4-pin flat wiring experience the no-tailights problem.

HRG
Same with my truck. I have the Lariat FX4 and 4K Tow pkg. Plugging into my small boat trailer and my utility trailer, which are both 4 pin the turn signals and brake lights work but the running lights do not. My build was 2/2/23. Works OK for daylight runs for the time being.

Sponsored

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same with my truck. I have the Lariat FX4 and 4K Tow pkg. Plugging into my small boat trailer and my utility trailer, which are both 4 pin the turn signals and brake lights work but the running lights do not. My build was 2/2/23. Works OK for daylight runs for the time being.
We'll need to get window stickers made up for those of us in the "2716" club,,,,,

HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) 2716.JPG

Last edited:

22Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone heard of an issue with the 22 wiring harness? I just tried hooking a trailer up for the first time since I got the Mav in August. The lights would not work on the trailer but worked perfectly fine on a ford edge.

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone heard of an issue with the 22 wiring harness? I just tried hooking a trailer up for the first time since I got the Mav in August. The lights would not work on the trailer but worked perfectly fine on a ford edge.
Get one of those cheap flat trailer wiring testers from Harbor Freight.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yours has the 4K package, right? I see nothing in the '22 documentation regarding trailer lights, in early '22 there was a recall for the brake controller, but even that never mentioned the lights.

I'd crawl under the back bumper, and see if the USCAR harness is properly inserted into the 7/4 combo connector. Other than checking fuses, maybe back to the dealer?

HRG

Sponsored

NorthWestBC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 23 XLT EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well here we go. Should be in the mailbox this afternoon.
D63A1CE9-CE20-4DF5-A14C-59A2FAD38B55.jpeg
What does it say? Is it still saying parts available late Q2?

I’m affected by the delivery hold for this one so even though truck is at the dealer and I want to pay/pick it up, not allowed. So won’t be getting the same updates/letters….feeling in the dark!

VectorsForDelay

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What does it say? Is it still saying parts available late Q2?

I’m affected by the delivery hold for this one so even though truck is at the dealer and I want to pay/pick it up, not allowed. So won’t be getting the same updates/letters….feeling in the dark!
I’ll post it when I get the mail after work.