First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just had the airbag recall done and it took the dealer 4 attempts to deliver me the vehicle after installing the new airbags…by the way it is all the curtain air bags. First time I showed up Seat belts wouldn’t retract. Second time the seat belt height adjuster was broken. Third time they left an impact in my daughters car seat and fingers prints all over the ceiling. I sure hope the airbags work if I ever need them…the experience leaves me with very little confidence in Ford workmanship and quality. Ford could use these recalls as an opportunity to better my customer experience…throw me an oil change or pay for a dealer detail. Instead the dealer drops the ball, jacks up my trucks and I become more unhappy. Added picture of how they dropped off my truck to me the first time lol.

Ford Maverick Recall: 2022 Maverick Side Curtain Airbag Recall NHTSA Notice (August 8, 2022). Vehicles Affected: 64,974 DEAD0730-5B9A-440E-A280-370D4E024FFD
Sponsored

Last edited:

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just had the airbag recall done and it took the dealer 4 attempts to deliver me the vehicle after installing the new airbags…by the way it is all the curtain air bags. First time I showed up Seat belts wouldn’t retract. Second time the seat belt height adjuster was broken. Third time they left an impact in my daughters car seat and fingers prints all over the ceiling. I sure hope the airbags work if I ever need them…the experience leaves me with very little confidence in Ford workmanship and quality. Ford could use these recalls as an opportunity to better my customer experience…throw me an oil change or pay for a dealer detail. Instead the dealers drops the ball, jacks up my trucks and I become more unhappy.
Same exact experience I had. Headliner touched with oily fingers and misaligned plastic panels. At least mine took responsibility for it and it's currently being fixed/some panels are being replaced.

Talk to the service manager and get them to make it right. Alternatively, destroy them in the survey you get via email and they'll call you back almost immediately to make it right.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same exact experience I had. Headliner touched with oily fingers and misaligned plastic panels. At least mine took responsibility for it and it's currently being fixed/some panels are being replaced.

Talk to the service manager and get them to make it right. Alternatively, destroy them in the survey you get via email and they'll call you back almost immediately to make it right.
I will be on the lookout whenever I get mine back!

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be on the lookout whenever I get mine back!
I’m taking interior pictures before I drop it off for my airbag replacement. On a side note, I thought I didn’t have the hood flutter issue until I drove into a 40 mph headwind. The fix is to self adhesive foam pieces at the rear of the cowl sections of the hood. No saying they can’t replicate the issue because they would have to drive it 110 mph to do so 😏.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m taking interior pictures before I drop it off for my airbag replacement. On a side note, I thought I didn’t have the hood flutter issue until I drove into a 40 mph headwind. The fix is to self adhesive foam pieces at the rear of the cowl sections of the hood. No saying they can’t replicate the issue because they would have to drive it 110 mph to do so 😏.
4-ish feet of 1/2 in heater hose along the rear seal of the hood will also make sure it never flutters again.

Ford Maverick Recall: 2022 Maverick Side Curtain Airbag Recall NHTSA Notice (August 8, 2022). Vehicles Affected: 64,974 B6AD38D6-AD2A-4B5E-AB58-B3ABD927D06B

Sponsored

jolkowsk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those folks that have yet to get their air bags replaced, you may want to look at my other post. My Maverick has been "bricked" in the dealer service bay for the past week. The dealer called me today and said they found a wiring "mess" under the driver's side door sill. Several wires were pinched and they were having to test and fix them one by one.

At a minimum, I would share this information with your dealer. Ford has been less than helpful, especially on the customer service front. You may also want to consider asking your dealer for a loaner beforehand as it is highly doubtful you will get you vehicle back in one day.

Kudos to my dealer for providing me with a loaner, updating me and doing Ford's job.

Random

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Hybrid FE Lux & ‘11Toyota Sienna XLE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just had the airbag recall done and it took the dealer 4 attempts to deliver me the vehicle after installing the new airbags…by the way it is all the curtain air bags. First time I showed up Seat belts wouldn’t retract. Second time the seat belt height adjuster was broken. Third time they left an impact in my daughters car seat and fingers prints all over the ceiling. I sure hope the airbags work if I ever need them…the experience leaves me with very little confidence in Ford workmanship and quality. Ford could use these recalls as an opportunity to better my customer experience…throw me an oil change or pay for a dealer detail. Instead the dealer drops the ball, jacks up my trucks and I become more unhappy. Added picture of how they dropped off my truck to me the first time lol.

DEAD0730-5B9A-440E-A280-370D4E024FFD.jpeg

So I just figured this out today that my seat belt height adjuster is broken. Are you able to answer if this is an easy DIY fix or must I take it in? I can easily take off the plastic panel if it is not a big deal to fix once opened.
Sponsored

Last edited: