First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Min e has been in twice for the airbag fix, both times no airbags available. Need to schedule another appointment and loose the truck for another day, when they come in :(
It took them about 3 weeks to get the parts and 4 hours to replace mine.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Had my truck in for other work this week and my dealer was able to order the parts to complete the air bag recall. I hadn't received the updated notice from Ford that parts were available, but dealer said the order was accepted and the parts are already on their way.

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my letter from Ford saying the parts are available to address the airbag recall. I called my dealer to schedule the service and they want me to come in so they can open a RO (?) to order the parts. Once the parts are in, they will schedule me again to install the parts. Does this sound normal?

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I received my letter from Ford saying the parts are available to address the airbag recall. I called my dealer to schedule the service and they want me to come in so they can open a RO (?) to order the parts. Once the parts are in, they will schedule me again to install the parts. Does this sound normal?
yes. My dealer had to submit a copy of the work order after I had the truck in for the parts order to get approved. It’s silly to me bc if my VIN is under the recall they should just be able to order the parts, but it seems that this is what they have to do.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in Canada but it isn't on ford.ca or on the NHTSA page or my fordpass. Currently chatting with a customer service rep to see what is up. I'll update when he fills me in.
I did a search on Ford.ca and mine isn't show up, even though I got the letter as well. I wonder if it's just a typical Ford website mess up. Any Maverick made before mid-July 2022 should be under the recall unless something has changed. You'd think they'd have to send kind of update if it had.

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes. My dealer had to submit a copy of the work order after I had the truck in for the parts order to get approved. It’s silly to me bc if my VIN is under the recall they should just be able to order the parts, but it seems that this is what they have to do.
What a waste of customer and service staff time. I agree with how silly this process appears to be.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably so Ford can validate matching the order to the VIN instead of a dealer just stocking up airbags in advance.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Probably so Ford can validate matching the order to the VIN instead of a dealer just stocking up airbags in advance.
I’m sure that’s part of it but that still doesn’t negate the waste of time it is for me to have to schedule an appt (which is 2 months out where I live) to have them look at it and go “yup it needs the parts ordered.” I’m sure Ford could set up a better system of VIN validation where multiple dealers can’t use the same VIN to order parts if they really cared to improve the way it works.

Dealer service depts and their knowledge and efficiency as a whole have been in a steady decline in my area.

First Name
Lily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Freestyle and Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did a search on Ford.ca and mine isn't show up, even though I got the letter as well. I wonder if it's just a typical Ford website mess up. Any Maverick made before mid-July 2022 should be under the recall unless something has changed. You'd think they'd have to send kind of update if it had.
Yes, when I talked with Nicholas on their Twitter response team, he verified that it was still active and would let their tech team know there was an error on the site.

Sponsored

bentley72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my letter today stating parts are available. Got an appointment Tuesday to have it checked so they can order the parts. Pretty dumb and a waste of time to have to make 2 different appointments

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just more "execution issues".

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/02/ford-f-earnings-q4-2022.html

“We left about $2 billion in profits on the table that were within our control, and we’re going to correct that with improved execution and performance.”

My 15 dealer visits must be at least $1000 or so from that $2,000,000,000 cut off the top.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In other words, too many recalls.
Yep. And fit and finish issues for me. They could have gotten those things right at the factory, but instead chose to pay 5-10-20X to fix them at the dealer. Oh well.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And, of course, someone has filed a class action lawsuit already over the airbag recall.
Yep, the guy filing the lawsuit, John Solak, is a serial suer (or should I say sewer). He is suing Twitter, a real estate company, a pharmaceutical company, Apple, Luden cough drops, and more.
Sponsored