Hi,
My understanding is 0% to 1% is excellent, 1% to 2% is OK, but consider changing. 2.5% to 3% needs to be changed. 3% or more is danger and change immediately. It is measuring the percentage of water in the brake fluid.
I was intrigued by the recommendation of changing the brake fluid every 3 years. I went ahead and ordered one of the brake fluid testers from Amazon. I’ve had the truck for just about 3.5 years and 45,000 miles. Tested fluid and came out to .48%. In the green and perfectly fine. Just for...
I work in the area between 13-16 mile and Woodward Daily. I love cars of all kinds and Dream Cruise is a very cool event. This year will be the 31st. I haven't atteneded for the last 8 or 9 years. I haven't heard of a Maverick meetup. Mine is pretty much bone stock and wouldn't be that...
Was at my local Target and noticed this Hot Wheels Maverick XL for the first time. Just had to get it to add to collection. I actually like the detail better in the regular Hot Wheel however the larger size is pretty cool also!
I agree! During winter in Michigan I use auto climate control from November to March. Works great for heat. During Spring it may be cool outside (50’s), however if the sun is out it may be in the 70’s inside truck when I get of of work in the afternoon. AC kicks on when I start driving and...
I have an ecoboost with 8 speed tranmission and did a drain and fill at 35k. The fluid was not terribly dirty at that time. Process not not much more difficult than changing the oil. Not sure if the CVT transmission is same process, however have learned that CVT transmissions are more...
Just checked and Carvana's offer on my XLT Ecoboost came in at 20,800. Paid 24,900. I have had truck for over 3 years and 40k miles. Not bad at all for a base XLT!
Had the first 3 oil changes done at the dealership to use the Ford points. Been using FL-910s filter and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic since. First oil change at 5k miles and every 5k miles since. Just did my 40k oil change last weekend. I’ve followed same oil change schedule for...
Time to get an electric car if you want to drive 55 to save gas...lol. I guess you would be battling the rising cost of electricity vs the rising cost of gas.
I'd check again when the oil is cold. I've had the same experience when engine is hot. I wouldn't worry about trying to drain any oil, especially considering you put in the correct 5.5 quarts.
I've been using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Full Synthetic. Picked up 5qt jug for $26 on sale at Walmart this morning. Kind of crazy the 1qt container was $9. Like others I have a battery screwdriver for the torx screws for the shield. I also use a torque wrench to tighten the drain plug to 20...
Follow this procedure exactly if you don't want to take a chance on manually activating or deactivating the electronic parking brake. It is from the Ford Maverick service manual you got the picture of the tool that they want you to use to turn back in the piston in the rear caliper.
Hi My truck is a base FWD XLT with no additional options. When ordering the convince package with heated/electric seats was not even available because of the micro chip shortage at the time. Window sticker price was $25,950. With A plan pricing the price came in at $24,700. Last month I...
Took delivery back in January of 23 after waiting 1 year from the time I ordered (anyone else remember those days of waiting ?? lol). Oil changes every 5,000 miles. Had the first 3 done at dealership. Been doing my own oil changes since with full synthetic. Changed the air filter once, cabin...
I'm at 3 years and 37,000 miles with my truck. I have had a rattle underneath the steering column for years. At first started when cold outside, but now pretty much year round. Sounds like there is a wiring harness plug resting on the backside of the plastic trim piece and when you hit a bump...
Length is 4' 8" and width is 4' 9". The top of the cover actually tapers up around the base. I measured mine from the bottom edge. Measuring the top I get length 4' 6" and width 4' 7"
Planning on doing a drain and fill on trans fluid when I change the oil at 35,000. I currently have 34,300. Reading on this forum it looks like when doing a drain and fill on transmission you will get between 4.5 and 5.5 quarts of fluid drained. The total capacity of system is around 9...
I have a Rough Country tri fold soft cover. I’ve had it since April of 2023. It has been a great cover! I have a bit of leakage on the front wall of the bed in heavy rain (while driving). Can’t really complain at the price point I paid for the cover.