First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 23 XLT EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting - yeah, yikes! Hoping by second quarter is like…next week…not June. I imagine dealers would want to get vehicles paid and off their lot asap, but 1) if I did walk they can mark it up above MSRP when it does get fixed, and 2) also sounds like Ford just gave themselves permission to take their sweet time….😞 for a wire….

texasPI

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got same letter today…

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also got this letter over the weekend. I don't have a trailer yet to test it, but kind of a bummer. I hope it doesn't affect too many people that actually need to tow regularly; fingers crossed they have a solution very soon.

NorthWestBC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on 23 XLT EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So sad after the already long wait to see it trapped at the dealership…in a lot of ways the build/ship wait was easier cause at least that was exciting, this is just a bummer :(

(parked beside an F-350 for scale, haha)
Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) 3888A0E2-5295-4022-9460-9CE6E3575C80

Sponsored

KdeB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2018 Subaru Forester, 1966 MGB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe it’s been established that the problem applies to just Mavericks with the 4K tow package.

Also it is for MY2023 trucks built Nov. 23, 2022 to Feb. 10, 2023.

Our XLT with tow hitch was built in December, but not affected. We don’t have the 4K package.

*** To find out for sure, plug your VIN into the recall search page:

https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) 2923_0314-trailerhitchrecall

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do they screw this up after building the 2022's without this problem. Someone decided, we don't need that extra wire....Whoops I guess we do.
I'm amazed at some of the places they cut costs... my windows roll themselves down but not up... have to sit on the button to roll up... like really... HOW MUCH could you save on that?

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm amazed at some of the places they cut costs... my windows roll themselves down but not up... have to sit on the button to roll up... like really... HOW MUCH could you save on that?
Premium features on premium trim level. It's how they differentiate the different trims. You want that feature, buy a Lariat.

And your XLT driver's door window is the only one that rolls down without holding the button. The others don't.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know but literally... what's the cost difference in the circuit to roll up and down vs just down? A few cents? If anything? I wouldn't really care if it didn't do either... but the fact that it does ONE and not the other... it's just like... Really? Seems like the most ludicrous penny pinching imaginable. Almost: "The button to turn the radio volume UP is included, the button to turn the volume down is an upgrade."

Sponsored

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only difference is Ford gets more money from you if you want the feature.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know but literally... what's the cost difference in the circuit to roll up and down vs just down? A few cents? If anything? I wouldn't really care if it didn't do either... but the fact that it does ONE and not the other... it's just like... Really? Seems like the most ludicrous penny pinching imaginable. Almost: "The button to turn the radio volume UP is included, the button to turn the volume down is an upgrade."
There's actually quite a bit of difference between the window auto down circuitry and the window auto up/down circuitry.

The auto down just needs to run the window down until it hits the bottom limit and it can use a auto-reset fuse to check for overload conditions.

An auto up-down needs to check for obstructions and reverse the window if it hits something. It needs a motor with feedback, it needs additional circuitry to watch this feedback loop and the force needs to be tuned so it doesn't reverse unless it actually hits something.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like buyers remorse to me. Heck, I would have preferred if my XLT had a push to start button, but I sure as hell wasn't go to pay for a Lariat to get that one feature I would have liked.

HRG

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly, no. I'd be fine with rollers. Only reason I went XLT vs XL was for heated seats cause you can't get Lux on XL. Literally the only feature I cared enough about to pay for. It just made me think something was broken. Can't fathom the deliberate decision to make automatically rolling DOWN a feature but not UP. It's the same feature.

Scotts answer makes total sense though... Completely forgot about the need for safety features on UP that don't exist on DOWN. Was thinking of the logic requirements mechanically and couldn't understand the problem... Forgot people exist that stick their heads out windows while rolling them up and strangle themselves... and we choose to keep those people alive for some reason.

Last edited:

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Just curious...

How is the the wiring to the trailer tow connector not installed in the manufacturing facility?

Option A: They forgot and have plenty of wiring leftover
Option B: They didn't have it and sent out the vehicle without the wiring anyway
Option C: Quality control didn't catch it

In either case, it does not look good for Ford...
Sponsored