jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing. Your build will be outside of the timeframe of affected builds.

HRG
Technically, it means that Ford has already identified the issue and thus when the vehicle is built, it should have no issues with the trailer lighting, presuming it has the 4k tow package. Whereas if it was built before the recall was announced, it might be subject to the defect identified in the recall.

LakeCamelot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler and F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup, can confirm just hooked up my 23 fx4 w tow package. It DOES have brake lights and turn signals but NO running “night time” clearance lights. Door stick has the build 01/2023 (delivered 2/28/23). Have to do my towing in daylight until fixed.
oh, got the same results with both the 4 pin and round 7 pin connector

Captain Blackheart

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4, 1968 Ranchero
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before you arbitrarily dog Ford, keep in mind that many parts are subcontracted with a delayed discovery. Takata airbags are a prime example.

Sponsored

AlyCat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can confirm that my 4k equipped Lariat built the week after that timeframe does not have this problem (verified with a trailer wiring tester plugged into the 4 pin plug, haven't hooked it up to an actual trailer yet).
Mine was built on 2/13. Not a problem we towed the day after we got it

Lookn4bikes

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EB AWD XLT LUX 4K shows to be part of the recall. Tested both the 4 and 7 pin connectors with plug in testers. Tail lamp and blinkers showed to work on both plugs. Couldn't test the brake lights because I was alone during the process. Production sticker in door shows 1/23 build. Pizza tracker said build date of 2/7/23 and began production 1/19/23. I guess I'll probably still have to have Ford test it to clear the recall.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My EB AWD XLT LUX 4K shows to be part of the recall. Tested both the 4 and 7 pin connectors with plug in testers. Tail lamp and blinkers showed to work on both plugs. Couldn't test the brake lights because I was alone during the process. Production sticker in door shows 1/23 build. Pizza tracker said build date of 2/7/23 and began production 1/19/23. I guess I'll probably still have to have Ford test it to clear the recall.
Good to hear! HRG

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
fwiw, I went ahead and filed a complaint with the NHTSA for a non-timely repair which likely will be over 4 months since I took ownership. Took about 5 minutes. Whether it helps or not I do not know but Ford is obviously fitting new vehicles with a remedy, why do ours get repaired at a later date, can't they use the correct wiring that is going int the new vehicles to "fix" the ones they have already sold? If enough of us complain, Ford might get some pressure for an earlier fix.

From NHTSA website when you type in your VIN and it shows the recall:

If the manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall for your vehicle in a timely manner, please contact the NHTSA Vehicle Safety Hotline at: 1-888-327-4236 or TTY: 1-800-424-9153 or file an online complaint with NHTSA.
Your complaint has been posted. HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) Maverick complaint.JPG

BLZ57

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick on order; 2016 Shelby GT=H
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My23 EB AWD 4K was built in the recall timeframe, and my VIN confirms I am part of the recall. I took delivery Jan 31, 2023.
Cool, I belong to a special limited population of builds on this recall. .

Sponsored

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone received a letter yet from Ford? Weren't they supposed to send out letters on March 27?

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe a matchbox truck with a trailer bigger than it and lights that work!
Don't bet on a free gift, like the airbag folks are getting. I initiated a conversation with the @FordMotorCompany account, since I experienced a 2-week delay in getting this issue resolved, and they've told me to contact the Service Manager at the Dealership.

HRG

Jguido1987

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just contacted ford again and it’s still the same answer. “Sometime” in the second quarter is the answer I get.
I may not have as many gripes as a lot in MTC, I have a good dealership, good salesman, good price, didn’t have to wait 500+ days, but this isn’t the way a car purchase is suppose to be.

Ford has failed many over the past few years and seems like their “new attitude” of quality control and customer satisfaction was just a bullshit slogan for news interviews.

Ford Motor Company needs to get this under control, this is a problem across their entire fleet.