Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the sales Mgr. From my Ford dealership remove the tow hitch from my order. I ordered my truck the first day orders opened last Sept. Have received 3 emails saying sorry supply problems. No vin, no build date nothing. So now my order is a stock XLT Hybrid. Anyone getting their stock XLT delivered ?
Hi Tim,
On Sunday, I got my 45 day email for my XLT Hybrid order.
Last Thursday, I got scheduled & Vin# for my XL AWD EB for a 5/15 build week. I switched the XL from Hybrid to AWD EB on 1/17/23, and dropped the stand alone hitch & SIB/6 D-link on both orders about 2 weeks ago. It seems to have paid off having a build with no options (even though I wanted the hitch real bad). I was sitting at priority 19 with order date of 9/19/22 on both of my orders. My sales guy said "all non-roll over order were placed at priority 19 to keep everything equal".
I feel like I won the lottery for getting scheduled, and I feel bad for those that have been waiting much longer than me. Ford's selection method is still a big mystery
Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked my dealer regarding this and what their personal solution was. They called me back and said there is no solution now, as this isn't considered a safety issue. I asked them if they'll loan me a truck to tow a vehicle I am considering buying so that I can properly and safely do so, they said no. Yes, mine has 4k towing, and yes, this sucks.

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked my dealer regarding this and what their personal solution was. They called me back and said there is no solution now, as this isn't considered a safety issue. I asked them if they'll loan me a truck to tow a vehicle I am considering buying so that I can properly and safely do so, they said no. Yes, mine has 4k towing, and yes, this sucks.
Another stealer dealer. NHTSA safety recalls are just that, SAFETY recalls and yes, having no trailer lights is a safety issue.

KeinoDoggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid and Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I recall every time a recall was announced for the '22, those waiting for their '23 would say, "Glad I'm getting a '23, by then they'll have all the recalls ironed out!" :unsure:🤣🤣

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So back in late January you towed your boat without tailights? Did you address this with the dealer back then, yours might have been fixed pre-recall, like mine was.

HRG

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick TRAILER TOW RECALL Advance Notice (11/23/22 - 2/10/23 Production Vehicles) HK1984 towing.JPG

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So back in late January you towed your boat without tailights? Did you address this with the dealer back then, yours might have been fixed pre-recall, like mine was.

HRG

HK1984 towing.JPG
Small boat that was crammed in the bed, so loaded not exactly towed. I did have a trailer arm/bed extender, but no electrical wiring connected.

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another stealer dealer. NHTSA safety recalls are just that, SAFETY recalls and yes, having no trailer lights is a safety issue.
Just spoke with Ford, they suggested I try to ask another dealership to loan me a truck to use because I’m “part of the Ford family.” OR try to get a rental covered by the warranty on the vehicle. The second might work, but the first one is hoping that the goodwill of others is strong. A dealership that I didn’t buy from is unlikely to help.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Small boat that was crammed in the bed, so loaded not exactly towed. I did have a trailer arm/bed extender, but no electrical wiring connected.
Ahhhhh, gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. Maybe print the documentation I provided in post # 165 and see if your dealer will work with it? My dealer gave a pretty detailed report.

HRG

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ahhhhh, gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. Maybe print the documentation I provided in post # 165 and see if your dealer will work with it? My dealer gave a pretty detailed report.

HRG
I saw that one last night and it had me hopeful. We’ll see what they say.

Wolfairious

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just found out I'm on the list of recalls. No notice yet, but my Vin checked out. I'm one of the lucky 2716 I guess

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Tim,
On Sunday, I got my 45 day email for my XLT Hybrid order.
Last Thursday, I got scheduled & Vin# for my XL AWD EB for a 5/15 build week. I switched the XL from Hybrid to AWD EB on 1/17/23, and dropped the stand alone hitch & SIB/6 D-link on both orders about 2 weeks ago. It seems to have paid off having a build with no options (even though I wanted the hitch real bad). I was sitting at priority 19 with order date of 9/19/22 on both of my orders. My sales guy said "all non-roll over order were placed at priority 19 to keep everything equal".
I feel like I won the lottery for getting scheduled, and I feel bad for those that have been waiting much longer than me. Ford's selection method is still a big mystery
Well hopefully this will maybe get my truck built a little faster. I wonder if you can add a hitch later ? I doubt I would be using mine, but for $100 I figured why not. I was going to add the splash guards and a hard flat cover after I got my truck.

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well hopefully this will maybe get my truck built a little faster. I wonder if you can add a hitch later ? I doubt I would be using mine, but for $100 I figured why not. I was going to add the splash guards and a hard flat cover after I got my truck.
I'm still pissed about deleting the hitch, but I need a Mav this year (and it worked for my EB AWD)
We can certainly add one late, but it will cost 4 or 5 times as much. There is a cheap alternative from Harbor Freight ($25.) but I would never trust it to haul anything heavy or expensive. (there are posts on this forum about it).

I already have several upgrades purchased to install on my Maverick + pre maintenance stuff: Ceramic coating, tint, 1" level kit, tires & Wheels, tail gate assist, Last fit switchback lights, DIY bed liner, etc.
Some folks go nuts, but I want it my way and its nice to get an awesome "Blank Slate" to start with.

Best of luck, I hope you get scheduled soon

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it is a safety issue, the reason for the recall is that the vehicle is non-compliant with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards regarding exterior lighting...

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man this is obnoxious. I am super glad I didn't end up finding a RV site to tow a trailer to for Spring Break. Had an A Frame shelter reserved last year (for spring break last week) before I knew if truck would be built. When I confirmed it would, tried to reserve a RV slot at the place we were going but they were full. That would have ruined spring break to go try to pick up rental trailer and can't.

Sucks because I was thinking of doing something in April or May. Here in Houston those are still nice months. Getting into June and July when this may get fixed... Not ideal months here to hit the outdoors. Missing the good weather because of this.
Sponsored