First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in southern md who did you order from.
Upper Marlboro Ford. They actually just got a Maverick in last week that sold quickly. They kept contacting me asking if i wanted to test drive it. I thought it was a display model and not for sale. Either way, i doubt it was the color and had all the options i wanted, and might not have been a hybrid.
Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Upper Marlboro Ford. They actually just got a Maverick in last week that sold quickly. They kept contacting me asking if i wanted to test drive it. I thought it was a display model and not for sale. Either way, i doubt it was the color and had all the options i wanted, and might not have been a hybrid.
I ordered via Leonardtown ford - i think they are both owned by the same company includes Prince Frederick Ford, Lexington Park Ford and Waldorf Ford.

newaukumgolfer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Is this for real??? If so it would be a pretty big deal for hybrids.
OCT 21, 2021 | DEARBORN, MICH.

• The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – officially has an EPA-estimated rating of 42 miles per gallon in the city
  • The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.
  • The Ford Maverick EcoBoost pickup is off to a fast start with the first customers taking delivery of the 2.0-liter EcoBoost version in September and more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 21, 2021 – The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient hybrid pickup with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg city.1

The 2.5-liter hybrid has an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined, 33 mpg highway and an EPA-estimated range of more than 500 miles on a single tank of gas.2

“Our team set out to redefine what a truck could be with Maverick, and we’ve done that with an EPA-estimated 42 mpg city that beats the 2022 Honda Civic 1.5-liter 4-cylinder automatic (variable gear ratio) gasoline engine. At the same time, Maverick offers room for five and plenty of towing and hauling for weekend trips or do-it-yourself projects,” said Chris Mazur, Ford Maverick chief engineer.3

Maverick uses Ford’s innovative fourth-generation hybrid propulsion system, which includes an all-new 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle hybrid engine and electronic continuously variable transmission. Its briefcase-size, liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery is packaged smartly below the second-row seats rather than occupying a significant portion of the cargo area.

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.

Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.

Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.

# # #

1Actual mileage will vary.

2Range calculation based on 13.8-gallon tank and EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined. Actual mileage will vary.

3Payload, towing, and EPA-estimated Fuel Economy Ratings are independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Who lives in the city ?
I see you live in the Big Bend area.

So maybe we should start by explaining what a "city" is...

(Just kidding. I spent many a New Year's on the Dodson Trail in my youth. Love that area.)

Barefootdan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y
The facts I have derived from this 17 page thread -

1. There is still no official word from Ford or the EPA.
2. There is still no OK To Buy.
3. The window sticker as presented is linked to the actual Ford website.
4. The window sticker is blue instead of green and does not indicate Special Order.

The window sticker for my hybrid still shows EPA data not available, Not For Sale as of 5:25AM 10/21/2021

I guess time will tell.
The facts I have derived from this 17 page thread -

1. There is still people who don’t know how hybrid systems work
2. There is still people who get mad that not everyone chooses the same engine as them
3. The hybrid is perfect if you like the hybrid
4. The ecoboost is perfect if you like the ecoboost
😄😄

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Are you replacing the ES300h with a Maverick or adding it/replacing another vehicle? The Maverick won't be as efficient as the ES - as you noted, aerodynamics - but it's an awesome product nonetheless.
Adding it. The Lexus is the wife's car. I want to stay at one vehicle but she doesn't. So I wasn't looking but ran across the Maverick Hybrid on 1 June TV commercial. Been looking at it since. Haven't considered anything else at this point.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150, 2014 Ford Fusion
Now that Ford officially released the numbers, I’ll say that I was able to evaluate one for 5 days. Over the 5 days, I drove 309 miles and averaged 42.5 mpg. I drove it like I drive my normal vehicle, with roughly 60/40 (highway/city) driving. I was impressed.
Ford is very good with MPG estimation for my F150 and Fusion they have both been smacked in the "average", my Fusion slightly under Combined, my F150 slightly over

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Guaranteed it wasn't a Hybrid!

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why did you figure that? Ford's unofficial numbers when they announced the truck were nowhere near 50mpg.
there’s people who are driving the Ford Maverick Hybrids right now and post on YouTube what there average is.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
there’s people who are driving the Ford Maverick Hybrids right now and post on YouTube what there average is.
Take that with a grain of salt. You can hypermile vehicles, and a lot are encouraged to post the highest numbers possible because sensationalism gets clicks, but realistically I wouldn't expect higher averages from the community than the more aerodynamic Ford Escape with the same powertrain.

Fuelly indicates they are getting 3mpg below EPA estimate for the Escape w/ 38mpg (which is still great):
Fuelly said:
Based on data from 75 vehicles, 1,709 fuel-ups and 714,362 miles of driving, the 2020 Ford Escape 2.5H gets a combined Avg MPG of 38.04 with a 0.26 MPG margin of error.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Take that with a grain of salt. You can hypermile vehicles, and a lot are encouraged to post the highest numbers possible because sensationalism gets clicks, but realistically I wouldn't expect higher averages from the community than the more aerodynamic Ford Escape with the same powertrain.

Fuelly indicates they are getting 3mpg below EPA estimate for the Escape w/ 38mpg (which is still great):
I've never gotten better than EPA rated MPGs... I was never that far off but always just at or under. Let's just put it this way, I'm going to have a hard time changing my driving style to benefit the most from the hybrid engine... but I think I'm ready to but my "spirited" driving days behind me. At least in cars anyway... thats why I upgraded the motorcycle...

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in southern md who did you order from.
I’m in central MD and haven’t heard a peep
I linked the FORD site with the OP's VIN to show the actual window sticker that is generated by Ford. I did this in several replies actually.
awesome news for future hybrid owners.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I totally agree. I think we will truly know here in the next 3 months once the hybrids start getting delivered

wyouger

First Name
Williard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger
Maybe in the next year or two, they'll offer the hybrid with AWD. Maybe with some more power to boot. That would be another hot-seller.
I don't think it will take too long if Ford feels that there is a demand. AWD is already available on this platform in the Escape
Sponsored