First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Official release just posted by Ford, confirming the Hybrid window sticker posted yesterday.

Press Release: https://media.ford.com/content/ford...42-mpg-city-all-new-ford-maverick-hybrid.html

EPA-ESTIMATED 42 MPG CITY! ALL-NEW FORD MAVERICK HYBRID IS NOW AMERICA'S MOST FUEL-EFFICIENT HYBRID PICKUP

OCT 21, 2021 | DEARBORN, MICH.

• The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – officially has an EPA-estimated rating of 42 miles per gallon in the city
  • The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.
  • The Ford Maverick EcoBoost pickup is off to a fast start with the first customers taking delivery of the 2.0-liter EcoBoost version in September and more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 21, 2021 – The all-new 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid pickup – the first standard hybrid pickup in America – is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient hybrid pickup with an EPA-estimated rating of 42 mpg city.1

The 2.5-liter hybrid has an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined, 33 mpg highway and an EPA-estimated range of more than 500 miles on a single tank of gas.2

“Our team set out to redefine what a truck could be with Maverick, and we’ve done that with an EPA-estimated 42 mpg city that beats the 2022 Honda Civic 1.5-liter 4-cylinder automatic (variable gear ratio) gasoline engine. At the same time, Maverick offers room for five and plenty of towing and hauling for weekend trips or do-it-yourself projects,” said Chris Mazur, Ford Maverick chief engineer.3

Maverick uses Ford’s innovative fourth-generation hybrid propulsion system, which includes an all-new 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle hybrid engine and electronic continuously variable transmission. Its briefcase-size, liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery is packaged smartly below the second-row seats rather than occupying a significant portion of the cargo area.

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.

Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.

Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.

# # #

1Actual mileage will vary.

2Range calculation based on 13.8-gallon tank and EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined. Actual mileage will vary.

3Payload, towing, and EPA-estimated Fuel Economy Ratings are independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you. Finally something from ford. Get your orders in people, unless you want to wait till next summer.
PS: 42 city is great. 33 highway is great. Combined 37. Excellent in my book.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.

That is the most important statement there. Also the question is why the hell don't they ship the ones already built?!

Sponsored

OP
OP

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

That is the most important statement there. Also the question is why the hell don't they ship the ones already built?!
It says they still have to do federal and state emission stuff.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like some of these early built hybrids are gonna be just sitting around for a couple of months. Isn't that supposed to be a bad idea?

Fantastic to finally get a genuine official statement, though!

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget they got their hand forced on this one

Unforgiven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Seems to me, most of the ones they’ve already built are out in public on demo at Ford road shows and media events. I actually got to ride in a hybrid lariat this week at the outdoor Ford event in Austin. There were several hybrids there. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where they’ve all ended up.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like some of these early built hybrids are gonna be just sitting around for a couple of months. Isn't that supposed to be a bad idea?
There have comments about soft paint. Certinaly will dry sitting. Although I would rather have it curing in my garage.

Sponsored

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This... Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sounds like emission certification later on down the article.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There have comments about soft paint. Certinaly will dry sitting. Although I would rather have it curing in my garage.
I'm also thinking I read somewhere that long term storage was bad for the battery as well. Without taking certain precautions. Of course I guess we should assume they would do so.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see no one has commented on the paragraph about all hybrid orders for 2022 MY are almost gone!
Sponsored