Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is Ford not giving Maverick orders the $1000 off ordered vehicles (they are advertising this)?
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adding it. The Lexus is the wife's car. I want to stay at one vehicle but she doesn't. So I wasn't looking but ran across the Maverick Hybrid on 1 June TV commercial. Been looking at it since. Haven't considered anything else at this point.
I see you changed from Oxford White to Alto Blue then back to Oxford White. I changed from Oxford White to Cactus Grey and am considering going back to Oxford White. Let me ask you, Why did you change back to Oxford White? Thanks!

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really didn't think that this truck was going to amount to much when initially introduced. After seeing it in person and seeing the mix of capability and efficiency, I'm 100% bought in.

At times we sell things we aren't necessarily the biggest fans of but this Maverick really blows everything away in this price point. I'm afraid the competition is years behind in coming up with a solution.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe in the next year or two, they'll offer the hybrid with AWD. Maybe with some more power to boot. That would be another hot-seller.
AS I recall there is a spot for another battery in the hybrid so I am sure it is on the boards. Along with a boost in towing capacity with that package. I am sure it won't be announced until the EPA numbers are in the bag though, LOL!!! I can see a lot of pre-owned hybrids for sale as the original owners jump to a better hybrid model.

I am also waiting for someone to drop a 2.3 ecoboost into a Maverick but I don't think it will be Ford. That would cut into Ranger sales. The only way I could see Ford dropping in more power is if they discontinued the 2.3 in the Ranger and gave it more power.

Sponsored

CraigMN

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Fake - you can't get higher MPG in the City than you get on the Highway. I bet it should be 33 City, 42 Highway and 37 Combined.
A hybrid will always get a higher MPG in the city. A hybrid runs primarily on electric in the city and primarily gas on the highway.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe in the next year or two, they'll offer the hybrid with AWD. Maybe with some more power to boot. That would be another hot-seller.
AS I recall there is a spot for another battery in the hybrid so I am sure it is on the boards. Along with a boost in towing capacity with that package. I am sure it won't be announced until the EPA numbers are in the bag though, LOL!!! I can see a lot of pre-owned hybrids for sale as the original owners jump to a better hybrid model.

I am also waiting for someone to drop a 2.3 ecoboost into a Maverick but I don't think it will be Ford. That would cut into Ranger sales. The only way I could see Ford dropping in more power is if they discontinued the 2.3 in the Ranger and gave it more power.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking this window sticker is BS.

Here is why I think this is BS:

My 2021 Lexus ES300h has a larger engine, more HP, weighs more gets BETTER MPG than this trucklette?

Help me understand how the sticker someone posted can be real or true.

Below is my window sticker for the Lexus.

tempImageJnecpT.png
Prob big difference in that the truck is made for hauling and towing. Toyota has different objectives when designing a car.
But hey, if Toyota makes a small hybrid truck, it will probably do very well in mpg.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sam, I can't believe this.

I have had my drivers console with the picture of the wheels-battery-engine. I have watched during take offs and driving in the city with all the stop and go the engine is always driving the wheels. A lot of the time it's both engine and battery driving the wheels. The ONLY time it's only the battery feeding the wheels is down hill or speeds below 40 when the EV light MAY come on.

I'm no genius, I just know what I'm seeing.
All hybrids get better in the city than hwy. Goodness, hybrids have been this way for awhile now.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All hybrids get better in the city than hwy. Goodness, hybrids have been this way for awhile now.
Yeah I can’t tell if he’s trolling or not.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Obviously you never had a Kia ;)
But I've had two Hyundais and currently a VW, and we have significantly exceeded EPA MPG estimates in all three of those vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited: